[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can we all agree the real reason they've changed from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5681.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5681.png
53KB, 200x200px
So can we all agree the real reason they've changed from gyms to trials is because they're running out of badge names.

Bug Badge? Psychic Badge? Even a Fairy Badge in fairy's first generation? They're losing creativity.
>>
I cannot, because the thought has not crossed me one bit.

If that is the case, I guess gyms will be back in the DP remakes.

I will consider your proposal possible if the third games lack gyms.
>>
>>31446396
I like my nice shiny reward. The kahuna stamps just don't do it for me. Badge gates also turn me on.
>>
How? If thats too easy
>>
>>31446360
The first games had the Rainbow Badge, the Soul Badge, and the Marsh Badge. If later generation follow suit, much more options will be available.
>>
>>31446472
*generations
>>
>>31446472
There's still some names they can steal from the Arceus plates too

We could also have a dark gym at any time
>>
>>31446442
I got hard from the Gen 6 badge gate
>>
>>31446566
BW's was nice. BW2's is good but it didn't fit well in to the surroundings.
>>
>>31446585
Worst one? I'd say Hoenn
>>
>Splash Badge
>Water Badge
>Tear Badge
>Ocean Badge
>Sea Badge
>Marine Badge
>Stream Badge
>Liquid Badge
>Aqua Badge
>Rain Badge

10 gens worth of water gyms without even trying. That's easily the worst reason for GF stop doing gyms I ever heard
>>
>>31446360
Remember when the chinese leak claimed that there would be no gyms, and a lot of people called it fake based on that alone?
>>
>>31446360
No, I'm pretty sure the reason is that they wanted to characterize your stepping stones.

Experimenting with a new formula allows the staff to re-explore the old stuff with new eyes. We could see Gyms having some arbitrary test since I doubt anyone would miss meat shield trainers in gyms.
>>
>>31446590
Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all had nothing. Why couldn't johto at least re use kanto's?
>>
>Fae Badge
>Pixie Badge
>Brownie Badge
>Elf Badge
>Moon Badge
>Flower Badge
>Sprite Badge (literally pixelated design, given Cutiefly and Ribombee's eyes)
>>
>>31446360
>Bug Badge
How come nobody in their team thought of something like Hive Badge or Silk/Web Badge since the gym makes you walk on a big web

>Fairy Badge
Fucking Pixie Badge would have been fine because Pixie Plate and Pixilate

>Psychic Badge
Cosmic Badge because thats the whole thing of her gym.

Can I work at GF now
>>
>>31446639
Totem Pokemon and their auras are solid and I hope they continue that. Just as gym leader Pokemon though.

I guess the only reasons gyms don't characterise the world is that they're just some official competition building found anywhere whereas trials are culturally ingrained in the region. Doesn't mean that can't make gyms a bit more story driven in some way though.
>>
>>31446673
Hive Badge is taken, but you're still good for everything else my man
>>
>Insight Badge-Psychic
>Wave Badge-Water
>Denial Badge-Fighting
>Solar Badge-Fire/Electric
>Verdant Badge-Grass
>Battle Badge-Dark
>Armor Badge-Steel
>Canvas Badge-Normal
>Painterly Badge-Fairy
>>
>>31446711
Wait. Wave Badge is already taken.
>>
>>31446711
Wave is taken but of course there's enough water options like this guy>>31446597 said, though rain badge is taken too and water badge defeats the point
>>
>>31446711
>*Ripple Badge-Water
>>
>>31446753
Is that a...?
>>
>>31446759
Jojo reference? No. Not really.
I am a fan of Jojo, though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.