[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have some fun and play a childhood imagination game...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 16gxy6u.jpg (26KB, 456x295px) Image search: [Google]
16gxy6u.jpg
26KB, 456x295px
Let's have some fun and play a childhood imagination game...
You're now a gym leader in a totally new region! You're going to be running your very own gym to take on all kinds of aspiring Pokemon trainers, but first you need to decide on a team!
>Gym type theme
>Five Pokemon, specify which one is your "signature" Pokemon with an asterisk
>Badge name

Some basic rules:
>Pokemon on your team must follow the type theme you chose, and dual-types are allowed so long as one type matches the theme; however, one Pokemon on your team may be allowed to stray from the type theme entirely (ex: one ghost type among a fighting team)
>No legendaries, pseudo-legendaries, ultras, etc; one starter Pokemon may be allowed if you so choose, otherwise your team should consist of common Pokemon
>Assume that there are no mega-evolutions, Alola forms, etc. in this new region
>Assume that you are the final gym leader; you will be using all five of your Pokemon and may choose third-stage evolutions if desired

And remember to have fun!
>>
File: 250px-229Houndoom.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-229Houndoom.png
49KB, 250x250px
>>31437424
And here's my selection to use as an example:
>Fire type gym
>Houndoom*, Arcanine, Talonflame, Primeape, Magcargo
>Rage badge
>>
File: my ace.png (154KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
my ace.png
154KB, 500x306px
>Poison type gym
>Gym design is an old run down art museum with tons of paint and plants everywhere (Kinda like Team skull mansion)
>Roserade, Dragalge, Arbok, Swalot, Bedrill
>Sludge badge
>>
>>31437424
>Flying type gym
>Gym is actually an open roof extreme sports facility
>Charizard, Hawlucha, Gyrados, Blastoise, Braviary*
>Aviation badge
>>
>Fairy type gym
>The gym leader is stylized as a TV set
>All of the trainers are Idols with 2 weak fairy types and one strong fairy type
>After beating all five of them, a PA announces that the manager is impressed at the skill presented and will show himself onstage
>Clefable, Togekiss, Mimikyu, Whimsicott, Sylveon*

Challenge mode gives them the following items:
>Life Orb to Clefable
>Salac Berry to Togekiss
>Leftovers to Mimikyu
>Focus Sash to Whimsicott
>Choice Specs to Sylveon
>>
File: Sableye.png (353KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sableye.png
353KB, 1024x1024px
>>31437424
Dark/fairy type

Leader battle will be a totem-style battle with a sableye/carbink combo, against the player's one pokemon

Sableye will have prankster, with fake out, recover, will-o-wisp and dark pulse

Carbink will have dual screens along with moonblast and power gem, with light clay

>Crystal badge, shaped like a rock with one dark red crystal sticking out, and a lighter blue crystal sticking out the other side

The gym would be built inside of a cave, with crystal formations all along the walls, somewhat similar to the elite four rooms in sun and moon
>>
>>31439065
Oh, and the badge would be the Star badge.
>>
>>31438859
>>31438978
>>31439065
I didn't even think to include a part in the OP about what the gym would look like, that's a good idea and another fun aspect to creating a gym.
Guess if I had to go back to >>31437451, the gym would be stylized as some kind of burnt up and damaged building, to reflect the "raging" fires and anger and whatnot.
>>
>>31437424
>Electric type gym: Battery Badge
Gym design
>Got to find the 3 batteries from trainers and attracting obstacle towards you to power the elevator to gym leader

Team:
>Helioisk
>Lanturn
>Galvantua
>Magnezone
>Eelektross
>>
>Large, luxurious mansion that also has a pool, gym, art gallery, garden, etc.
>"Greetings, trainer! I have difficulty making up my mind, but I know I love Ground-type Pokemon no matter what terrain we're tackling! Let's see what kind of variety you have in your battle style."
>Stunfisk, Gastrodon, Diggersby, Mamoswine, Torterra*
>Terrain Badge
>>
New template
>Type
>Design
>Gimmick/Puzzle
>Quote before battle
>Team
>Badge
>>
>Type
Rock
>Pokemon
Golem (Signature)
Aerodactyl
Rhyperior
Lycanroc (Day)
Carracosta
>>
>Steel Type Gym
>Harbour warehouse, girders and platforms set up as a maze. The leader is the dockmaster when he's not battling challengers.
>"Not bad, making it up here. Name's Dalton. I run things around here. I'm also the Gym Leader to boot. Think you can handle ironclad defence and powerful attack all at once, do you? Well, prove it!"
>Skarmory, Magnezone, Aggron, Sandslash (Alola), Lucario*
>Ferrous Badge
>Flash Cannon TM
>>
>Type
Psychic
>Pokemon
Alakazam (Signature)
Gardevoir
Reuniclus
Sigilyph
Slowbro
Starmie
>>
File: poison.png (41KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
poison.png
41KB, 256x256px
>Type: Poison
>Design:
A huge pharmacy divided into aisles into a maze
>Gimmick/Puzzle:
Giant plastic bottles block certain parts of certain aisles and list an ingame status ailment (Paralysis, Poison, Freeze, Burn, or Confusion). Defeating certain trainers will give "cures" that briefly hint at which bottle it should be placed in (Give to a Pokemon with that might hurt itself, Give to a Pokemon suffering from lowered speed and attack success, etc.). The point of this is to give new players/rusty players some understanding on status effects early on.
>Quote before battle:
"Ah! A challenger! It's great to see a new face so eager to battle, but battles aren't decided based on power alone. You need to understand all of the effects and consequences of each move to reach victory. You made it here through your knowledge, but let's see how far it takes you."
>Team
Depends on Trainer's number of Badges
* indicates Signature pokemon
1 Badge
Ekans
Stunky
Nidorina*

2 Badges
Salandit
Tentacool
Golbat*

3 Badges
Koffing
Nidorina
Golbat*

4 Badges
Golbat
Nidorina
Drapion*

5 Badges
Weezing
Drapion
Haunter
Nidoqueen*

6 Badges
Weezing
Drapion
Nidoqueen
Gengar*

7 Badges
Weezing
Toxapex
Drapion
Nidoqueen
Gengar*

8 Badges
Weezing
Toxapex
Drapion
Nidoking
Crobat*

>Badge
Viral Badge
>>
>>31441369
>Even listed teams per number of badges
I salute your efforts and autisms, anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.