[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will people stop sucking these three games' dick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: latest.png (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 1200x1000px
When will people stop sucking these three games' dick?

-badly designed region, mostly a Johto 2.0 but much less organic
-"non linear path" that becomes actually linear with shit like the Psyducks and all the imputs given by NPCs
-Mt. Coronet aka most boring place in the whole saga (move a rock->smash a rock->use repel->repeat) that you have to cross at least 5 times with HM slaves. Hoenn's water routes may habe been boring, but at least it was condensed in one single part of the game, without breaking the gameplay's course.
-slow pacing
-Team Galassia, aka the most incoherent and generic villain team without a clear purpose
-bottom of the barrel graphics, literally Ruby and Sapphire 2.0 (after, at the time, almost 10 years of 3D Pokémon games)
-average soundtrack with a couple of good tunes, but in general using the DS capabilities at its lowest
-the plot is just RSE 2.0, with a climax coming out of nowhere (at least Hoenn had an acceptable build up)
-in Platinum you have the Distortion World, interesting in its own way but as a whole a wasted opportunity for exploring something truly different (nothing to do there except that upside down waterfall and moving a couple of rocks)
-the Underground, aka another wasted opportunity with a map bigger than Sinnoh itself where all you can do is... breaking walls

I'll give Cyrus, in Platinum he becomes truly an awesome character. Apart from that, there's not much to like about the Sinnoh games. They're ok, but nothing worth worshipping.

Is it just that, is it just nostalgia that makes people think DPPt are the pinnacle of the series?
>>
>>31437260
Fuck off, Hoennshitter. Your time has passed, it's the age of the Sinnohbros now.
>>
>>31437275
>a list of objective faults
>calls OP a Hoennshitter

Sinnoh fags are truly the missing link between monkeys and men.
>>
>>31437298
>3 posts
>2 IPs
Why are you referring to yourself in 3rd person?
>>
>>31437314
Because, since we are on an anonymous board, "calls OP" is a stronger expression than "calls me". I was actually in doubt and chose the first one.

Now stop shitposting and try to contribute to the discussion. If you can.
>>
Most boring and forgettable gen. I'll be glad if we don't get remakes.
>>
>>31437260
>When will people stop sucking these three games' dick?

I've rarely if ever seen anything complimentary about these other than Platinum.
>>
>>31437373
Except Platinum is just DP with the Distortion World and the Battle Frontier.
I've played the game and those two addictions aren't enough to redeem its shitty predecessors.
>>
>>31437260
When will stop having such shit taste?
>>
>>31437395
Look, at this world coprophagia exists.
Liking the Sinnoh games looks almost acceptable under this perspective.
>>
>>31437260
>three
But Platinum is the only liked one.
>>
slow as hell games
>>
>>31437260
>-"non linear path" that becomes actually linear with shit like the Psyducks and all the imputs given by NPCs
>imput
It's input you illiterate fool
>>
>>31437298
>>a list of objective faults

You have no idea what objective means.
>>
>>31437437
>Platinum is the only liked one
>>31437387
>>
>>31437465
>It's input you illiterate fool

And those inputs shouldn't really be encessary in the first place, leaving the "open world" feel of the SInnoh map in the trash. The whole exploration thing just dies everythime Cynthia/Galaxia/anyfuckingbody tells you "go here".
>>
File: 1483854531165.jpg (36KB, 413x506px) Image search: [Google]
1483854531165.jpg
36KB, 413x506px
>>31437260
>-Mt. Coronet aka most boring place in the whole saga (move a rock->smash a rock->use repel->repeat)
Yeah, I'd rather have literal straight lines as caves and mountains teleporting you to the top.
>>
From my understanding, /vp/ generally loves Platinum but not Diamond and Pearl.

Is this a bait thread?
>>
>>31437515
Or, you know, better designed caves you don't have to cross 5 fucking times with literally nothing to do in there.
>>31437538
>going against general opinion with strong arguments nobody has still refuted
>bait
>>
>>31437552
>x is y because I say so lol
>strong argument
I want underages to leave.
>>
>>31437552
>going against general opinion
>no one praises Diamond and Pearl
Thanks for confirming, this is a bait thread.
>>
>>31437578
Instead of greentexting like the pretentious little prick you are, how about you try to defend the Sinnoh games?
>>31437585
Now, this is bait, since I was also talking about Platinum.
>>
File: pokemon-platinum-wallpapers.jpg (224KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-platinum-wallpapers.jpg
224KB, 1280x800px
platinum was great.

remake when?
>>
>-bottom of the barrel graphics, literally Ruby and Sapphire 2.0 (after, at the time, almost 10 years of 3D Pokémon games)
what 10 years
>>
>>31437628
>Pokémon Stadium, N64 (1998)
>Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, NDS (2006)
>>
>>31437260
>-badly designed region, mostly a Johto 2.0 but much less organic
Vague argument with no specifics.

>-"non linear path" that becomes actually linear with shit like the Psyducks and all the imputs given by NPCs

So it's linear like most other mainline Pokemon games. Got it.

>-Mt. Coronet aka most boring place in the whole saga (move a rock->smash a rock->use repel->repeat) that you have to cross at least 5 times with HM slaves. Hoenn's water routes may habe been boring, but at least it was condensed in one single part of the game, without breaking the gameplay's course.

So it's just like every other cave. The only credible bit you have here is that you have to use an HM slave, but HM slaves were always a problem while they were around.

>-slow pacing
>slow pacing
>bad

Do you mean slow engine?

>-Team Galassia, aka the most incoherent and generic villain team without a clear purpose

None of the villain teams have been much better than generic. I don't see how they're much better or worse than Rocket, Magma, or Aqua, for example.

>-average soundtrack with a couple of good tunes, but in general using the DS capabilities at its lowest
No. Some points for the latter half of this quotation, though.

>-the plot is just RSE 2.0, with a climax coming out of nowhere (at least Hoenn had an acceptable build up)

The plot was fine.

>-in Platinum you have the Distortion World, interesting in its own way but as a whole a wasted opportunity for exploring something truly different (nothing to do there except that upside down waterfall and moving a couple of rocks)
>-the Underground, aka another wasted opportunity with a map bigger than Sinnoh itself where all you can do is... breaking walls

Agreed.

It's not nostalgia. A lot of your points aren't exclusive to Platinum (because this is what you're attacking) and can apply to many other mainline games.

You're not bringing anything particularly novel to the table here. Use the archive.
>>
>>31437645
>8 years is almost 10
>counting home consoles for handhelds issues
>>
File: 1482162825835.png (33KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
1482162825835.png
33KB, 300x279px
>>31437645
>>
>>31437663
Metroid prime Hunters came out in 2006, showed an excellent 3D overworld heavily inspired by the GCN games.
Home consoles MAY influence handhled games, it's all up to how much work the software house wants to put in.
>>
>>31437260
I totally agree
>>
>>31437647
The problem is that Platinum is heralded as the best game in the saga that changed everything, except it changed very little, being fairly similar to everything that preceeded it.
That's what I was trying to prove.
>>
>31437595
Nice try, but you're the Master Baiter here.
>>
>>31437552
You only go through mt. Coronet 3 times, all in 3 different parts.
>>
>>31437260
>Is it just that, is it just nostalgia that makes people think DPPt are the pinnacle of the series?
I mean, it was my third gen and I think it's the best one, so I'm going to say no.
>>
>>31437260
Were you expecting fucking Pokemon Colosseum tier visuals on the DS or something? What kind of fucking complaint is that?
>>
>>31437260
When the current underage population grows a few years older and Unovabortions take the lead
It's just ''lol my first gen such nostalgia much wow :D''
>>
>>31437260
buttmad SuMo wrestler
>>
>>31437743
Unovabortions have already had a VERY long period of dominating this fucking board. Literally any other gen except perhaps six would be preferable.
>>
File: 1482072040947.gif (1MB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
1482072040947.gif
1MB, 200x131px
>>31437743
>such nostalgia
>much wow
Stop that.
>>
>>31437260
It's more or less just people hopping on Platinum's dick because it had a Battle Frontier, and that's the only thing that matters to a stunningly large portion of this board.

Gen IV had the worst Pokémon designs of the series by a long shot, which is especially visible in its legendaries. Gen V is in second place in terms of dogshit designs, but it at least had some really solid ones in there.
>>
>>31437705
Gen IV (and Platinum) is regarded as one of the best for being a relatively challenging game with good """comfy""" music, decent post-game, and introducing new mechanics. Fan favorites like Cynthia and Looker were also introduced.

There are some things that people criticize like "Saving a lot of data," surfing and getting stuck in mud, and "Lopunny+Steelix Flint," but Platinum is generally held in positive regard despite those things (especially because it alleviated some other problems from DP). Just like HGSS, BW2, Emerald, etc are regarded as good despite their flaws as well.
>>
>>31437807
V is infinitely worse than IV for Pokemon designs pham. The Gen IV legendaries look fine. Reshiram has weird half-formed wings that looks like shit. The Musketeers are fucking abortions. The genies are kind of eh, it's the copied and pasted that really ruin them. Meanwhile, the lake pixies might be pretty similar to each other but at least they're not fucking ugly. Arceus and Giratina-O are aesthetic as fuck. Dialga and Palkia are alright, they just don't look very mobile.

t. a Johtoddler
>>
>>31437856
*copied and pasted sprites
>>
>>31437680
>comparing a franchise that has been around for longer
>comparing two different franchises
>>
>>31437260
>Team Galassia, aka the most incoherent and generic villain team without a clear purpose

No, that's Team Flare
>>
>>31437856
>the lake pixies might be pretty similar to each other but at least they're not fucking ugly
Uxie and Mesprit are fucking ugly though.
>>
>>31437901
I don't agree, sorry phamalam. Completely inoffensive at worst.
>>
File: 1346280999871.jpg (6KB, 184x200px) Image search: [Google]
1346280999871.jpg
6KB, 184x200px
>>31437887
>comparing two games for the same console that came out in the same year
>>
>>31437647
>I don't see how they're much better or worse than Rocket, Magma, or Aqua, for example.

well, at least those teams had purpose understandble even by a kid
I'm fucking 24 and I still can't understand what the fuck did Galactic want to do (not Cyrus, just Galactic)
>>
>>31437260
>Johto 2.0
didn't jasmine had a cameo in these games?
>>
>>31437341
ITT: we learn OP has no fucking idea what shitposting is
>>
>>31437260
got my 8th badge just hours ago and really enjoy that game so far. possibly even more than Black 2.

it's a pretty cool game. I don't see what's so bad about it.

only thing I didn't like was that some of the towns are fucking ugly looking and I fucking hate Barry (even named him Cuck). I can't stand Prof. Rowan either. that faggot should lighten up a bit. Team Galactic was so-so. fighting the meme bug on the cover was alright.
actually caught it. Gyms were okay. Contests were super cool so far.
>>
>>31437341
>I have to change the argument to make it work
>>
when the next generation of /vp/reteens comes long who are too young to remember it, and instead view gen 5 as the be-all end-all

right now it's sinnohfetuses that are artificially inflating these shitty games
>>
>>31438327
yes. she traveled to Sunnyshore City and gives you the Waterfall HM.
>>
>>31437275
>Fuck off, Hoennshitter.

leave Hoenniggers alone. ORAS was a low blow to any Hoenn fan anyways. let's be BFFs instead. you can shit on Kalosbabbies instead.
>>
>>31437260
>Hoenn's water routes may habe been boring, but at least it was condensed in one single part of the game
Which happened to be almost half of the game.
>bottom of the barrel graphics, literally Ruby and Sapphire 2.0
Blind retard.

I won't comment on the rest since it would end up in Opinion Wars.
>>
>>31437743
The underage unovabortions already ARE here.
>>
>>31437260
>bottom of the barrel graphics, literally Ruby and Sapphire 2.0 (after, at the time, almost 10 years of 3D Pokémon games)
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>31439186
>almost half of the game.
>by the time you reach Lilycove you already have 6 badges
try harder
>Blind retard.
Put 99% of Sinnoh side by side to Hoenn, differences will be extremely slim. Do the same with Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime Hunters and talk to me again.
>>
>>31440775
Route 105
Route 106
Route 107
Route 108
Route 109
Route 122
Route 124
Route 125
Route 126
Route 127
Route 128
Route 129
Route 130
Route 131
Route 132
Route 133
Route 134
Here are your water routes. If this list doe no't convince you, you are delusional.
>>
>>31437260
When will genwarrior shitposters be carted off to the concentration camps where they belong? The world may never know...
>>
File: 1347103445187.gif (67KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1347103445187.gif
67KB, 446x400px
>>31440843
>half of these routes are not required to complete the main story
>>
So, OP, can you agree that Gen 3 was the best Gen?
>>
>>31441275
Why is it that Sinnohfoeti always try to start shit with gen 3 fags? I've never understood this particular vendetta.
>>
File: 1482048520588.jpg (33KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
1482048520588.jpg
33KB, 591x352px
>>31441340
>foeti
Why can't people spell fetuses properly?
>>
>>31437260
No one sucks Diamond and Pearl's dick because they, like Ruby and Sapphire are super flawed but the third version of both gens was a massive improvement on each
>>
File: What a cunt.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
What a cunt.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>31438190
Yo...You're a fuckin idiot.
>>
File: hail to the king.jpg (69KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
hail to the king.jpg
69KB, 400x240px
>>31438190
>being this retarded
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.