[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>catch a bro >go on a journey with him >he grows with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 1477079801491.jpg (154KB, 1280x698px) Image search: [Google]
1477079801491.jpg
154KB, 1280x698px
>catch a bro
>go on a journey with him
>he grows with you
>he learns to love you
>he sticks with you thick and thin
>you overcome challenge after challenge
>you enter him in the hall of fame
>then you breed a superior version of him with the correct IVs, nature and moves and use that replacement for everything, boxing the reject forever
how do you justify this?
>>
it's data
>>
His journey is over.
Also, now that bottlecaps are a thing you really only need the right nature. OFC some things need egg moves to be "good" but some people will go with it anyways. That's just the power of friendship.

also you forgot breeding for gender eheh
>>
>>31432524
>>he grows with you
>>he learns to love you

No he didn't. He's just data.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>31432524
I just edit my bro so there's no need to ditch him
>>
>>31432539
>>31432543
how can you say that about your bro?

>>31432542
do you think he accepts that his journey and is content to be replaced with the better model?
>>
>>31432524
It's my bro's legacy. He's not merely "boxed", he's retired, as his journey has ended. He must now pass on that brighter flame to his child, who will have his/her challenges to overcome.
>>
>>31432566
even though your journey continues? why isn't he your lifelong partner? how come the better model of him potentially gets to be?
>>
SM I just slapped gold bottle caps on my in-game team and used them anyways because none of them had notable enough egg moves.

also
>challenge
lmao
>>
>>31432582
so you caught the correct nature and ability the first time each time?
>>
>>31432524
This happened to me in Sinnoh with my Piplup. By the start of gen 5 I decided I would have it's nature edited so it had a good one and just max IVs in Sp.Attk and other stat I don't remember. I couldn't bear to have it with egg moves or otherwise it would break the illusion of having the "same" starter handed to me back then.

Then the fucking pentagon came by and I didn't bother to edit it then, so I just use it ingame to breed more Piplups and to beat the league and then it goes straight to Free Battles.

>Still stuck in ORAS because Pokebank never.
>>
>>31432572
He's my lifelong friend - I wouldn't say partner. All Pokemon that I have endured the trials of life with are my partners.

I'd hope my son would overcome his challenges better than I had, so why wouldn't the same apply for my bro?
>>
File: 1310418800495.jpg (29KB, 240x277px) Image search: [Google]
1310418800495.jpg
29KB, 240x277px
My Decidueye has a +Atk nature so I was able to get him all the ribbons currently available.
>>
>>31432593
If they didn't have the right Ability they were getting the boot before they even had time to stick around, didn't care about Natures as long as it wasn't outright detrimental to the Pokemon's most key stat in which case they also got the boot before they saw any use.
>>
>>31432625
because you're going through multiple generations without changing yourself. how come your journey seems to go on forever while all theirs are transient unless they have the right stats?
>>
>>31432660
Because in the game, the main character is sending one Pokemon to a different main character in another world. Almost as though he's trading so his bro's son/daughter could have a proper journey.

My journey is never truly over as I am never truly one character. While my bro's journey has ended, my bro still lives on in his child.
>>
>>31432524
There legacy lives on in there spawn
>>
>>31432712
but this implies you immediately start playing the new game after finishing the story of the old one, which you don't. you continue your journey in competitive content but with an upgraded model
>>
>>31432599
Honestly, I hate that pentagon. I get that its to try and put a stop on cheating in theory since when implemented the 3DS had yet to be cracked. But Pokemon motivated that to happen.

But now it hurts the legitimate players more now, who might want to use mons they have had for a long time.
>>
>>31432737
Which is part of my bro's child's journey, until my main character trades him/her to a new trainer.
>>
>Implying I'm this much of a heartless faggot

If we're talking as if Pokémon were real. My autistic headcannon is that the new one is the same, but after training and shit.
>>
>>31432799
>being such a heartless faggot that you invent a fantasy so you don't even need to feel the burden your own guilt
>>
>>31432549
This solves everything
>>
>raise your bro
>enters hall of fame
>breed its children
>your bro leaves it up to you to raise their child to be the best one out there while they chill in pelago

not seeing the problem desu
>>
>>31432908
the problem is it's not like it reached old age or anything. while pokemon lifespans probably vary all indications show they're at least comparable to human lifespans yet here you are boxing them to be your berry farm slaves and continuing your own journey
>>
>>31432524
Well, he'll be replaced eventually. When you restart this game, start a new game or any time you have to make a new team, the previous team is going to either be boxed forever or just be erased. I'd say your bro's kid taking up the job after he leaves is better than nothing.

>correct IVs, nature
Just catch the correct nature and use Bottle Caps to get the IVs. Moves, though, are the tricky thing.
>>
>>31432549
this desu

And it's completely fine. Look at Mewtwo, he's pretty happy now
>>
>>31432549
Yep that's the way to do it. I'll get a legit Pokemon and then edit them to be better.
>>
>>31432524
>then you breed a superior version of him with the correct IVs, nature and moves and use that replacement for everything, boxing the reject forever
That's disgusting. Releasing them is the humane thing to do.
>>
>>31433075
would ash's pikachu be happy to be released by him?

neither are good options
>>
>>31433135
Ash's Pikachu wasn't shoved on Pokepelago either.
>>
>>31433276
You think of Pokepelago as your equivalent of Oak's ranch
>>
>>31432524
I never had to worry about this because all my pre-Gen 4 teams were lost due to the save files dying on their own. Yeah, lot's of shit luck in my Pokémon history. I think I even cried over the Blue and Ruby losses at the time.

If they had survived long enough for Gen 4 to come out, I would've moved my Hoennmons up, like normal, and would've just edited my best bros' stats with Sav or something.

As for my original Kantomons and the handful of Johtomons (basically just starter and Red Gyarados), I would've moved them all to Gen 2, used that to determine stats, and would've recreated them, ID and all, in Gen 4 and would've gone from there, convincing myself that they were the same mons.
>>
Do you only use your starter? What about when you move up to the next gen? What do you do with a previous gen's bros? It's not a betrayal to have more than one.

>>31432549
>Make friend
>Travel the world with him
>Be there for one another
>Years pass, he thinks of you as his best friend, assumes you think of him as one
>You even believe you do
>He stops being beautiful/useful to you and you tell him the only way you'll ever continue to care for him and love him is undergoing surgery to be useful again
>Make him with no regard to what he wants
>Life resumes as normal for you and you continue your travels together, blissfully unaware of the trauma you've caused
Man I don't envy your "bros".
>>
>>31433579
>implying he doesn't want to become the best of their species
>>
or you just homebrew edit him
>>
>>31433607
Find something he's the best at instead of trying to force him to be the best at battling then.
>>
>>31433646
At what? Fucking contest? he's not a fag like you
>>
He will remember his feats, and will tell stories to the other mons in pokepelago. He will raise his off spring among the comfort of the island. Knowing that he made the world better than if he wasn't there at all.
>>
>catch a bro
>go on a journey with him
>he grows with you
>he learns to love you
>he sticks with you thick and thin
>you overcome challenge after challenge
>you enter him in the hall of fame
>then you go to the next pokemon game years on and leave him forever to get a team of new bros
how do you justify this?
>>
>forcing your bros to risk their lives in ever-more-dangerous battles
>after they've already given everything they had to bring you to the Championship
>after all the wounds they've taken in your service
>after they've been driven prematurely old from the stress of countless battles
>not allowing them to retire to a tropical island to farm and play in peace
>not accepting that they've earned their rest
How do YOU justify THIS?
>>
>>31432539
>>31432543

Have you ever grown to like any character, in any video game, ever? Because they're "just data" too.

That doesn't mean people can't grow attached to them.
>>
>>31435513
Characters have actual personality, and arcs, and inner lives. Pokemon are just tools.
>>
>>31432524
I'm a different trainer every game so it's fine
>>
File: 1470147201835.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1470147201835.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>31432549
This.
>love my moon team
>all random breedjects from giveaways
>beat game, still want them to be good
>edit them to have best IVs and EVs
>use them online against anons
>closer then ever
Thank you hacking.
>>
>>31432549
This shit right here. No way I could still use my old DPP bros if I couldn't tighten up their IVs and shit before Gen 7.
>>31436057
>he's never internally rationalized great, important crits as your mon being a badass.
MOOOOODDDS
>>
>>31432549
Same. I'm not letting go of my Blastoise I've had since the GBA days so I just edit him to have aura sphere and dragon pulse with a beneficial nature.
>>
File: 1456289119037.jpg (41KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1456289119037.jpg
41KB, 580x435px
>>31436183
>love my children
>all random breedjects from adoption centers
>get married and retire, still want them to be good
>give them steroids to have the biggest muscles
>use them in wrestling matches against normies
>closer than ever
Thank you steroids.
>>
Nah they are all fine at pokepelago.
>>
>>31436265
I don't know if you're trying to make that sound shitty but if you did then you failed.
>not wanting to take in orphans and let them be the best they could
>>
>>31432524
I consider the replacement as the same mon' rather than a replacement. Just don't overthink it
>>
>everyone actually discussing this implying it isn't the shittiest shit thread since shit came to shit town
>>
>>31432524
I envision breeding as training and view the multiple box entries as different ways i had trained him.
>>
They should remove everything but nature's and evs desu senpai.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.