[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok. Im total newfag in pokemons. Didnt played since fire red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0245.jpg (48KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245.jpg
48KB, 300x268px
Ok. Im total newfag in pokemons. Didnt played since fire red leaf green. How to pick a good moveset for pokés? How IV works? I really want to be the very best but it seems so damn complex
>>
just inject lol
>>
diaper beam lol
>>
>>31428913
> How to pick a good moveset for pokés
Just choose whatever move you want, like you did in the old games

>How IV works?
Not important.
>>
How to play pokemon: Step 1: Learn moves that do damage. Step 2: Replace those moves with moves with more damage. Step 3: Go Modest (Special) or Adamant (Physical) natures for pokemon depending on their moveset (serebii their stats if you need to). Step 4: Don't draw rule 34 of any of the characters. That's basically it on how to play pokemon.
>>
>>31428913
Just pick balanced movesets. Don't have like, 4 Fire-type moves in a fire-type pokemon and you'll be fine.

Ignore IVs, you're just playing the main quest. When you finished and you want to join competitive, look it up.
>>
>>31428913
If you are playing the main story, you don't have to worry about IVs. And for movesets just pick what you feel is right. At the end there is a place to relearn any moves you forgot and regret forgetting so don't worry to much about that either. Have fun anon.
>>
>>31429216
lol
>>
To pick a good moveset for a Pokémon, look through their movepool and seek out STAB (same type as the user) moves that you think would be useful as well as moves that are super-effective against types that Pokémon is weak to. If possible, leave space for boosting moves, healing moves, entry hazards, Rapid Spin/Defog, Haze/Clear Smog, Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail, etc.

A normal Pokémon's 6 IVs are randomly generated. By reaching an SOS chain of 70 Pokémon, you can guarantee that said Pokémon will have 4 perfect IVs. Having a parent hold a Destiny Knot while breeding will pass 5 of that parent's IVs down to the offspring. The only legitimate way to raise IVs is to get the Pokémon to Level 100, then use the Hyper Training in Hau'oli City Mall. This requires you to have a Bottle Cap item. Normal Bottle Caps maximize one IV, while Gold Bottle Caps raise them all.
>>
>>31430232
Forogt to mention that legendary Pokémon (this includes Type: Null) are guaranteed to have 3 random perfect IVs.
>>
>>31430232
When I said "raise them all," I meant maximize them all.
>>
>>31428913
If you're just starting to play again, don't worry about any of that shit. IVs, EVs, movesets, etc. do not matter at all in single player. Please have fun while you can because competitive pokemon is hell
>>
>>31428913
What >>31430290 said, don't bother with that for your game. Once you are about to hit battle tree then maybe you should start with this, look up some online guides and you'll be good. I was in your same situation but got back on this shit for gen 6 and left during RS
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.