[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is with this story? all the way through my character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: sm.jpg (7KB, 300x134px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
7KB, 300x134px
What the fuck is with this story?

all the way through my character just stands their like a lifeless corpse as everyone else around talks and shows emotion and moves the story forward. I feel like I am their pokemon for the battle sections.

What a horrid game.
>>
>>31421762
Pretty much. It's too bad SuMo shills are blind to these horrible, horrible flaws
>>
it's actually pretty funny
but since it's supposed to be a self-insert and gamefreak can't tell how you'd react to the stuff in the game he looks like a psycho
>>
>>31421840
>he
>>
>>31421762
It's amazing how a 3d model makes you notice what characters have been doing since gen 1
>>
>>31421859
>has
>>
>>31421840
gotta love how the main character turns around like a robot
>>
>>31421783
>blind to the flaw that's in every Pokemon game
Sun and Moon haters actually believe this is only a problem with this game.
>>
>>31421762
That's why i love the games.
The player character is literally me!
>>
>>31421859
Right, some autists play as girls. Epic.
>>
>>31421873
>Sun and Moon haters actually believe this is only a problem with this game
yes, :) is the biggest problem here, not the lack of exploration in a RPG game like pokemon or pandering lowest common denominator by putting gen 1 and kanto everywhere or even extremely stupid decisions like removal of PSS, super training and horde battles.
>>
>>31422049
>Removal of PSS
I'm not getting why this is a big deal. The Festival plaza does a good enough job of keeping your recent trade partners and buddy list organized. And now I don't have to be challenged by Bob McRandomfucker every 30 seconds while I'm trying to hatch eggs.
>>
just got to the 4th island and i gotta say i am thinking of going back to an older game. the whole story is just unpleasant.
>>
>>31421869
>no
>>
File: 1483729329746.png (754KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1483729329746.png
754KB, 1280x1280px
>>31422096
>style
>>
>>31422065
>I'm not getting why this is a big deal.

Because it could be reached and seen anywhere while doing other things. If you're waiting for someone to come online you can just keep playing instead of sitting in a plaza. Also I genuinely enjoyed being able to challenge passerbys in real life and it actually gave me a reason to play on cart. And there's an obvious advantage of being able to stay online instead of wasting time reconnecting to the plaza each time while waiting for the forced game sync to finish

>b-but muh battle requests while I'm breeding :(((
Of course you're a breederfag so you're too stupid to realize you could have just switched the bottom screen to super training and keep track of how many eggs are in your party. Which, surprise surprise, you also can't do in SM.

I'm convinced the only people who defend plaza haven't actually played online much in gen 6 OR 7
>>
>>31421762
>>31421783
Glad to see the whole of /vp/ finally wake up to the SuMo shilling and universally agree that SuMo is the worst game in the series and of 2016.

Stars will be the game to finally kill the series off, guaranteed, combined with the Switch paid online.
>>
>>31422120
>literally what is using o-powers
Though I'm glad you're being this defensive, because you've literally added nothing to the conversation.
You've also failed to mention how breeding has become even more streamlined in SM both in checking IVs and hatching itself. Spinning the autism box produces more eggs and hatches quicker than running lumiose or the battle resort.
But then again much like the bias you're claiming everyone else had, you probably haven't played gen 7 that much to figure it out
>>
>>31421783
>>31422238
>SuMo
You're both objectively a thousand times worse than any shill
>>
>>31422355
>>literally what is using o-powers

You don't need to keep PSS online to use O-Powers you retard.

>You've also failed to mention how breeding has become even more streamlined in SM
Because it has nothing to do with how shitty the Festival Plaza is. You're going on a completely different topic and yet you're commenting about how I'm the one adding nothing to the conversation. Great going breederfag.
>>
>>31421867
Lmfao
>>
File: 1479350543658.png (116KB, 248x296px) Image search: [Google]
1479350543658.png
116KB, 248x296px
You're supposed to self-insert.

>>31422355
Not him, but I prefer the Lumiose loop to the rodeo box because it's not going to give me carpal tunnel by doing for hours on end or break my circle pad off entirely. Even just the back and forth stretch on the breeding route in XY is better than the rodeo shit, but sadly the best stretch like that in SM without load screens is Route 8.

ORAS is just shit for breeding though, Battle Resort requires more input than the Lumiose loop or the XY breeding route, and the classic RSE breeding route isn't a clear shot anymore and got several loading screens from start to end. At least SM has faster hatch times and being prompted to send to PC when you get an egg with a full team.

Even then, that's all completely seperate from the Festival Plaza, which is its own shitty can of worms and far worse than both Join Avenue and the PSS which it derives from.
>>
>>31422079
I recently hacked Pokemon Gold and Emerald on my 3DS after playing through Moon.

I gotta say, I've been having much more fun going through these games for the first time in years than I ever had with SM.
>>
>>31423297
Having your character stand about like a lifeless doll isn't a good way to self-insert. The game should let you choose from a list of personalities at the beginning of the game followed by dialogue options later on. This shit is just lazy and looks awkward.
>>
File: 15425435667.png (26KB, 725x155px) Image search: [Google]
15425435667.png
26KB, 725x155px
>>31421783
It's not entirely their fault. They've been lied to by e-celebs with shit opinions like pic related
>>
What's wrong with liking S/M?
>>
>>31423622
there's nothing wrong with liking SM but there's something very wrong with people calling it the best pokemon game ever.
>>
>>31423297
>Battle Resort requires more input than the Lumiose loop or the XY breeding route
You literally just hold UP on the D pad to loop around
>>
>>31421859
>she is not canon
>>
Reminder that there are only TWO instances where your character shows any semblance of emotion, and that's during "Special" Cutscenes that had so-called effort put into them.
First is when you're saving Nebby, the second is when you first encounter Nihilego.
After that you're back to being an eternally :^) Autist.
Or a B^) Smug Asshole if you were wise enough to buy shades.
>>
>>31423622
>What's wrong with being a child rapist?

>>31423575
People who like SuMo need to be gassed.

>>31423440
That's a natural response after having witnessed the Sonic 06 of Pokemon.
>>
>>31423775
>le Sonic 06 meme
When will youtube kiddies fuck off?
>>
>>31422435
Guess what? SuMo is funny. So I won't stop saying it
>>
>>31423775
I like sun and moon and the character development of lillie. The first two isalnds are kind of boring but the game gets more fun on the last two islands.
Adventuring with lillie on poni island was porbably my favorite part.
Other then that the post game is horse shit.
>>
>>31423812
>character development of lillie
you mean the outfit change right?
>>
>>31423835
You must be an illiterate dumbfuck if you cant find a hint of character development in the game.
>>
>>31421762
Seriously, they can make the other characters show emotion but not the MC?
Lillie felt more like the main character to me. Like i was just there to help advance her story.
>>
Gen 7>Gen 6
>>
>>31423575
Now I understand why /vp/ has a hard on over these shitty games. The fucking Poketubers are shilling and the kids are falling for it
>>
>>31423704
>there's something very wrong with people having opinions
>>
>>31422049
>the lack of exploration in a RPG game like pokemon
What? This is the most explorable game since Platinum. There are literally hidden caves that you'd 80% miss on your first playthrough. Stop using this meme argument
>>
>>31423885
Not him but,
>pokemon
>character development
I'm not a trainer
Here, take my only Pokemon
I want to be a trainer

You could probably find something to eat in the trash if you dig deep enough. But good luck finding anything beyond scraps.
>>
>>31424215
A lot of the side areas are small with nothing to them so they're pretty much negligible.
Also the only reason you'd miss them on your first playthrough is because the main story is setup to be against any exploration and diversion with all the roadblocks and cutscenes. In previous games you were able to explore both mandatory and side areas yourself without a character popping out from the side to tell you arbitrary shit.
>>
>>31423622
When you like bad things, the developers will think it's ok and make more, thus resulting in more bad things.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-16-20-18-07-1.png (173KB, 1440x2292px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-16-20-18-07-1.png
173KB, 1440x2292px
>>31421762
>>31421783
>>31422238
>>31423440
>>31423775
>>31424162
this guu does this every week, he makes nonsensical arguments to try and paint SM as bad and then samefags as "new posters" to try and make it seem like his opinion is in the majority.

sage and move on, there's no point in replying to this bait. SM are great and the majority of the fanbase agrees.
>>
>>31424466
Here's the updated result
http://www.strawpoll.me/12123806/r
>>
>>31424466
>>31424481
>rigged polls and honeymoon shilling

>>31424443
This. SuMo fans must be converted or gassed.

>>31424162
This. If you like SuMo, you literally out yourself as underage.
>>
File: 1420352978751.jpg (50KB, 182x189px) Image search: [Google]
1420352978751.jpg
50KB, 182x189px
>>31424466
>I can't handle opinions that are different from mine therefore they must be samefagging

Only on /vp/ will you get this kind of response to having opinions.

Also my post never pointed out SM was bad, just that I enjoyed the other games more. Maybe you should look a bit more closely at other posts before making these retarded responses.
>>
>>31424578
no, this guy has been doing this shit for about a month or two now. you can tell by his unironic use of "SuMo" and "shill". I cant tell if he's falseflagging to try and make the anti-SM anons look bad, or if he's just trying to get replies. either way, you should just ignore him.
>>
>>31424560
How was it rigged? I created a thread which simply said "Let's decide this once and for all" and people voted. That's all there was to it.
>>
>>31424345
I completely disagree with you but whatever, I don't want to argue over shit that has been repeated a milion times to no effect. Threads like this are pure shit that attracts both nitpicky faggots that can't enjoy an imperfect and spergs that can't handle someone elses opinion. The worst part about it is that these threads pop up every fucking day and they're always going strong
>>
Everyone who says SM is the "Sonic 06" of Pokemon has clearly not played Sonic 06.
>>
File: 20161124_142409.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_142409.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>31421762
They were far from the worst but far from the best, too. It was an enjoyable experience but it was also a short-lived one I feel.

It's been two months now. The honeymoon period for SM is subsiding, so fans and cancerous poketubers alike are now retracting their statements that claimed that SM were the greatest Pokemon games of all time. I always saw through this kind of bullshit ever since the release of XY. Even people here set themselves up for disappointment by having really high expectations for this game.

And they weren't entirely wrong, either. In terms of marketing, Pokemon had a phenomenal run this year with Pokemon GO (which I'm rather lukewarm about) and the fact that it's the franchise's 20th anniversary. This was the most opportune time for GF not to fuck it up with half assed lazy game design and unfinished/rushed aspects that games in the past have had.

>B-but, Stars is coming out! Surely the third version of the games in a generation are always the best games!

As much as I want to believe this, the days of having quality games like Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are gone (at least for now). Pokemon is a huge franchisr that figuratively prints money, so GF can afford to be lazy fags, either because of the massive success of Pokemon GO, the sheer amount of marketing, or the autistic fanbase eating more and more shit and defending it for a short period of time.

I noticed the glaring flaws of SM that I'm only seeing people complain about now. Like fucking clockwork. This happens for many games that get released nowadays and Pokemon is perhaps one of the biggest offenders.

tl;dr SM is an above average Pokemon gane at best and a mediocre video game at worst.
>>
>>31421867
4pbp
>>
>>31424867
people say SM is sonic 06 of pokemon because both SM and sonic 06 were rushed for a christmas release and to celebrate their respective anniversaries.

im so sorry for my bad grammar.
>>
>>31425087

06 is a broken mess though. SM is just disappointing in some areas. Being rushed for a christmas release isn't everything, loads of shit gets that. 06 is infamous because it's just horrible all round.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>31424215
it's really not that explorable. The only area that opens up post-game is the path to the battle tree.

I'll admit, gathering the Zygarde cells takes exploring but that's more a collect-a-thon than it is exploration for hidden or new areas.
>>
>>31424738
ok
>>
>>31424560
>being THIS MAD over a fucking KIDS GAME.
>saying that people should be fucking gassed for liking what was probably their first Pokemon game
>thinks saying SuMo is "random and funny xDDDD" instead of being literally autistic

when are you going to fucking kill yourself? your life is officially fucking worthless
>>
>>31421762
the cutscene animators gave up after 2 cutscenes, those being tapu koko's appaearance and nihilego's debut.
>>
>>31423545
then they should have used a 1st person view in cutscenes.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.