[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that the Ride Pager is the best thing GF have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 80.jpg (46KB, 618x371px) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
46KB, 618x371px
Can we all agree that the Ride Pager is the best thing GF have done in years?

No longer do I have to waste a slot with a HM slave.
>>
>>31421739
Yes
>>
>>31421739
They should've had one poke from each gen.

7 ride pokes, 7 gens
>>
>>31421739
Yeah but the animation is tiresome.
>>
The only thing they do is remove HM's. Rige Pager is arbitrary and is not tied to progression in any meaningful way.
>>
>>31421739

Yes

I want them to re-add Soaring Skies though, that was a fun feature.
>>
>>31421739
It's great. The best thing about Sun and Moon, even.

But it's still not perfect.
>>
>>31424104
>I don't know what arbitrary means
>>
It's okay. In the future I'd like to see it expanded so that I can actually ride my own Pokemon if they're eligible, but I know that Gamefreak will never do it and if they do it will only be around for one game before getting dropped again.
>>
>>31424149
>game about collecting and raising Pokémon.
>here have this Sharpedo you can't use in battles.
>>
>>31421739
Yes.
But its simultaneously the worst.
Because the devs see it as an Alolan feature it won't be present in any other game.
Fuck GameFreak.
>>
I want to ride my own Pokemon, or at least have the ride Pokemon given to you.
Also, bring back Soaring and Diving.
>>
>>31424310
Trainer customization was a Kalos thing to them but ended up in Sun/Moon anyway.
>>
>>31424087
To be fair, Gen 6 and 4 don't have a lot of options.
>>
would be perfect without the fucking hideous rider outfits and accompanying music
>>
>>31424235
Wouldn't it have then be better to attach a ride pager to a pokemon in your party/PC then, it also doesn't take up the item slot.

I guess it might be difficult to do custom animations for all the pokemon though.
>>
>>31421739
It's the only good thing about Sun and Moon
>>
File: 1482958750881.png (62KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1482958750881.png
62KB, 841x849px
>>31424361

You're not wrong- but we got a butchered, neutered and version-exclusive split version of Trainer customization. A classic GameFreak manuever.

Secret Bases are only in RSE/ORAS despite almost universally positive feedback.

Sinnoh Underground, a sort of re-imagining of Secret Bases. Required wireless to be on, which was a shame as that drained the DS battery, but was mostly positively received. Completely gone from the series.

BW2 Join Avenue, just brilliant. Simple, and easy to use but extremely rewarding by visiting it daily. I'm not a fan of "forcing the player to arbitrarily wait," mechanics to force you to come back everyday, but man was Join Avenue good at it and worth it. The item rewards were beyond worth it, and the ability to customize it was excellent. Really encouraged multi player as well to show off/share your Avene and reap the benefits of friends'.

ORAS' PSS. Simple and easy, made excellent use of the long-neglected bottom screen in Pokemon DS titles.

SM Festival Plaza. The fused frankenstein abortion of PSS and Join Avenue, it took everything shitty about them while cutting out the good parts. Costing Coins to purchase shops from others, unable to just upgrade a shop's level via pay/use. The essential lottery roll of waiting for another player to have your desired shop, and only in the first fucking slot. There's no way to search, or preview what shops someone has, you have to manually talk to every slow-to-load-in fuck to ask about the single shop they have in their first slot, which 95% of casuals have some 1 star bullshit. Holy fuck just talking about the Festival Plaza is getting me heated.

Fuck the Plaza.
>>
>>31421739
HMs were the worst concepts to ever exist in Pokemon. Just simply have the player have the right badges and any pokemon of a certain type and weight/size could break/push rocks, illuminate passages, etc.
>>
>>31421739
The tune is the worst, but yeah, it's fine. Still kinda want muh hms back but either is fine.
>>
>animation takes 15 years for charizard
>shoehorning some of the worst mons into the pager (sharpedo and lapras excluded)
>worst music in any pokemon game
>stupid fucking outfit that temporarily retcons your character's appearance

i preferred the bike
>>
>>31425620
This. All I want is a bike simulator. Fuck rodeos.
>>
>>31421739
Good thing? Yes, but poorly executed, like everything GF does.
>>
>>31421739
It sucks dick, a winged Pokémon should be able to fly by default, their freaking models even have them flapping to stay airborne, why do I have to teach my Pokémon how to fly or dress up like a retard to ride some other fucker's Pokémon? Soaring in ORAS was the closest they've gotten to getting it right but that shit would also take ages, I just want my own Pokémon to take me places without me having to teach them Fly or Surf or that crap, I shouldn't have to teach a fucking shark how to swim
>>
>>31425781
This.
>>
>>31421739
I WANT TO FISH IN PLACES WITHOUT WEIRD ROCK PILES REEEEEEEEEEE
Also Tauros can't go in a straight line.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.