[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they make Shed Shell nearly impossible to get legitimately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why did they make Shed Shell nearly impossible to get legitimately in SM?

>only 5% chance of appearing on wild Goomy/Sliggoo
>which is a weather summon so pretty hard to find in the first place
>Compoundeyes doesn't work with pokemon summoned via SOS (I've tried)
>pretty sure Goomy and Sliggoo can't summon any other of their species? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

What the fuck was the thought process behind all of this, at least with other wild held exclusive items you can rig the odds in your favor with CE/SOS chains
>>
>caring about shed shell
>>
>>31419961
>Not catching all the items
>>
Just inject it lol
>>
>>31419958
They didn't have enough time to do proper item placement. S&M were rushed to hell and back.
>>
>>31419958
I'm still trying to find it too ;_____;>
>>31419961
pleb
>>
>>31419958
>Compoundeyes doesn't work with pokemon summoned via SOS (I've tried)
Pretty sure it does. I swiped 4 razor claws or whatever Sneasel needs to evolve today in one short chain leading with a compoundeyes Butterfree.
Either way, putting a 5% chance item on a 5% or less chance Pokemon is fucking retarded.
>>
>>31419961
It's niche but it's not not unheard of in competitive. Toxapex doesn't like being trapped by Dugtrio so Shed Shell is an option, albeit an uncommon one
>>31419994
I can't prove it but I swear whenever I tried to chain for an item it took me forever, whereas when I tried to use Thief on the first turn it always took me about 3-4 tries
>>
Just inject it lol
>>
>>31419994
>remove razor claw and razor fang from the battle facilities' shops and the overworld
>limit them to a 5% chance on a pokemon with a 5% of appearing

It's like they almost WANT us to inject. This is one of the many reasons why I don't like SM.
>>
>>31420101
>legitimately
>>
>>31419958
>>which is a weather summon so pretty hard to find in the first place
Eh.
>>
>>31419958
>Compoundeyes doesn't work
It does. All out of battle abilities will only take effect if the pokemon is in the lead spot. Even in battle. You can't just have a k'o'd level 10 buterfree in your pt anymore. It has to be alive and in battle for its ability to work.
>>
>>31420164
It's always one step forward, two steps backwards with Pokemon.
>It's like they almost WANT us to inject.
After seven generations I've stopped caring, so I do just that.
>>
>>31419978
Sun & Moon made me an injectfag.
>>
>>31420379
We need new devs.
>>
>>31420346
Wait, so say I encounter a Pokemon while my lead has Synchronize and has fainted. Will it still work, or does that rule you mentioned only apply to SOS battles?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.