[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think future main series regions will take inspiration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: pokearth.png (88KB, 1100x850px) Image search: [Google]
pokearth.png
88KB, 1100x850px
What do you think future main series regions will take inspiration from?

>The first 4 regions were all based on different parts of Japan
>Kanto based on urbanized cities
>Johto based on traditional/cultural rural cities
>Hoenn based on tropical mountainous island
>Sinnoh based on colder mountainous island
>Unova is America: the region, but is primarily inspired by New York City.
>Kalos is Europe: the region, but is primarily inspired by France
>Alola is based on Hawaii, but could also take reference from Polynesia

Will we continue to get these sort of blanket regions (an Africa region, an Australia region, a South America region)? Or will Gamefreak do more regions inspired by specific countries/parts of countries (a California region, or one based on Eastern Europe, for example)? Will they ever return to making regions based on parts of Japan?
>>
I say all the time, I want a British Isles region, with the lore and Pokemon based in Arthurian myth.
>>
>>31419002
Africa region would be cool
>>
>>31419011
>Another dragon or lion legendary
>>
>>31419002
a country that's closest to real life kanto.

why? because MUH GENWUN!
>>
What are all the regions in the pic? I only know of the ones in the main games (including 7 islands)
>>
>>31419099
I was thinking more a set of legendaries based around the Knights of the Round Table: Gawain and Lancelot as cover Pokemon, Mordred as the third. Bors, Percival and Galahad, the trio who found the Holy Grail ss the trio. A couple other legends for key knights like Bedivere and Tristan. Gather all to get the Arthur Pokemon.
Not all would be outright knights, but based on them.
>>
I'd love to play a Pokemon game based in the Soviet Union. Imagine those crazy hatching routes
>>
>>31419210
>Wanting another Swords of Justice legendary group
>>
>>31419253
And?
>>
>>31419002
if we followed the pattern it should be a snowy European region (Scandinavia, Denmark or British Isle)
but who knows, they're Gamefreak
maybe part of the China or Egypt will be the next region because they can have lots of ideas to make it up
>>
>>31419002

Deep space, going from planet to planet, instead of town to town.
>>
>>31419002
England
>>
>>31419002
I want an Austria-Hungary region
>>
>>31421272
So poor and inbred mountain nazis and poor and inbred flatland mongolians? No thanks, eastern europe sucks. At least take some developed place like switzerland or italy
>>
>>31421296
>developed
>spaghetti nazis
>>
>>31421385
More developed than fucking austria and hungary you fuckin retard.
>>
>>31421296
>shitaly
>developed

Southern Europe is borderline third world you illiterate retard.
>>
>>31421272
>2 countries
Bad idea
>>
>>31419002
I've always wanted a region based around the Pacific Northwest between Washington Oregon Idaho Montana and British Columbia there would be so much diverse geography my only issue would be the ballance of land and water because while there's tons of lakes and rivers it would feel like xy where you only need surf for like 6 tiles at a time.
>>
>>31419252
A heavily snow/Eastern European based area would be nice.

Think a Texas/SouthEast US type area would do nicely as well.
>>
>>31419002
I hope we get a swabia region
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.