[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts about N? I feel he/BW has a good message

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0911.png (77KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.png
77KB, 600x598px
What are your thoughts about N?

I feel he/BW has a good message about thinking for yourself

Probably one of the best message out of most Nintendo game
>>
I like him. Good character
>>
>>31417546
Cheesy and cliche.

Ruined BW for me.
>>
Great character. I support his message. We should all release our Pokemon.
>>
File: based releaser.jpg (78KB, 571x600px)
based releaser.jpg
78KB, 571x600px
He's great. Best character in the entire series. We should all release our Pokemon to show support for N.
>>
>>31417775
>can't even get Quads

Looks like you didn't learn enough from N
>>
>>31417546
I feel N felt more devolpers and more unique than Lillie as a character

Lillie is the main character of the story of SM

You and N are in BW2
>>
>>31417812
*just BW

Although N in BW2 is done very well and is seen moving on. Only trainer in those games to use Hidden abilities too in seasonal battles iirc
>>
I really like how the entire story breaks him down from a "mysterious wacky hair dude thats 2 steps ahead of you and is actually the king of the badies but doesnt listen to them XD and hes also stronger than the champion and all legendaries love him" into a literally brainwashed man with a childs brain and a father that considers him to be a failure.

It also helped that YOU were the one that ushered in that dynamic shift, making you a valuable part of the narrative.

The moral switch was also pretty great. At the start of the game, the "think for yourself" moral was placed on everyone apart from N, but this placement was reversed by the end of the story.
>>
Pretty good. Has a nice character arc.

Also love how perfectly the the dragons serve as a metaphor for his character arc. Its why I hate seeing him paired up with Reshiram, since Zekrom fits him so much more thematically.
>>
>>31417775
>>31417777
>>
>>31417888
>Zekrom fits him more thematically

Could you explain your point a bit more?
>>
It was hard to appreciate his character at first, since you had annoying fans worshipping him and making his character out to be a tragic but suave sex-master. But after I was able to see the good and well-meaning, flawed and broken character he really was, I started to like him more.

But stalker/creeper N will be my favorite depiction of him.
>>
>>31417546
Remember when Black Adventures was funny, and wasn't just a thinly-veiled crossdressing fetish fanfic about N raping Black? I don't.

>>31417933
I think it's because he sees himself as an ideal hero, is ignorant to the truth about the world, and spends the game trying to fulfill his dreams.

But honestly, I like him with Reshiram. Their designs look better, and I like the idea of N being with Reshiram because N sees the world as black and white, and sees his way as the truth. The main character represents ideals, because they're ACTUALLY an ideal hero who shows N that there are shades of gray.
>>
>>31417879
This is a very good post and really shows what N was doing was really the right thing in his mind and set up a cool split in Plasma. If N and Ghetsis were like one character but who changed the story would have been quite shitty but Ghetsis's true nature complements N so well and sets a beautiful stage for the eerie battle and arguably toughest battle in mainline Pokémon.

The story was very reflective of the gun control issue and the fault with believing what you see by others in limited scenarios without expereincing it for yourself (PETA) and the effects of media and general populace (Ghetsis describing how even Bianca would release her Pokémon creeped me out).

BW in a nutshell

>Ghetsis is trying to control the people of Unova without strong resistance by creating a hero that would preach a message of relinquishing your rights peacefully and becoming the only people with said rights by brining up an adopted boy who believes he is the savior of others who tried to make a better world while Ghetsis creates an organization that almost all the members actually believe they are doing the right thing and makes his abused false profit the king of

Pretty fucking deep for a child's game made by Nintendo
>>
>>31417933
N's character is based around his ideals. In his pursuit of his ideals, he encounters truth that challenges his beliefs. He believes that humans and Pokemon should separate, but throughout his journey, through not just the protagonist, but everyone he meets, he sees humans and Pokemon living together happily. And hes not blind to this. He notices this, as his end of game dialogue shows. A good example is in BW2, he talks about how he hates Pokeballs, but the Pokemon that he releases actually seem sad when he does.
But he continues anyway.

Furthermore, N, as part of Ghetsis's plan, has never even known the truth. He was shown only what Ghetsis wanted him to see. All in order to shape his ideals.

This is one of the reasons that he wants the protagonist to get Reshiram, the Dragon of Truth. He wants to prove that his ideals can overcome the truth. That his ideals can create the truth.

But the truth is not objective. The truth is just that, the truth. And it is through the protagonist using the truth that he is able to finally accept it, and he grows.

The dragons are a fantastic metaphor for the plot.
>>
Well something in general that N is involved in that no one mentions is his math/formulas that he references and how he wears a infinite volume or something cube.

His final battle theme ascends by Prime numbers as if they were notes

N can refer to a set of numbers

N's trainer ID is the first prime number 00002

After getting off the Ferris wheel in BW2 he mentions the incompleteness theorem

Cool shit
>>
>>31417888
This, I definitely prefer him with Zekrom and the protag with Reshiram.
>>
Seriously how can Lillie fucking compete with N other than the basis of being a girl
>>
>>31417546
Best human character in the series. Praise be to Lord N.
>>
File: Release_it.png (8KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Release_it.png
8KB, 256x192px
My favorite part about N was the part where RELEASE YOUR POKEMON
>>
>>31418799
Jokes on you. I just got wiped out on my last nuzlocke run
>>
>>31418799
KING IS BACK
>>
>>31418528
But the games did a good job making it work either way. To me, Reshirem fits him better.

N was raised with lies. He was forced to believe the lies and was never shown the truth. He believed all humans hurt Pokemon, and sought the ideal world where Pokemon can live happily. But then he meets the Hilbert, and sees Pokemon being happy with a Trainer for the first time. He then travels the region, and seeing that Pokemon are pretty much always happy with Trainers. This goes against his ideals and the truth he believed in. He still doesn't let that affect his conviction, but he is clearly doubting his view. He sought to know the Truth, and still firmly believed that Pokemon needed an ideal world. Reshirem/Zekrom appears before him, to help him lead to that.

I think this problem with people pairing him with one Legendary over the other comes from not understanding the Legendaries properly. People think Reshirem represents the truth, and will choose the truth. It's the opposite. Reshirem chooses those who want to know the truth.
>>
>>31418799
No one's releasing anything. N lost to the real Hero and stopped this madness. You must too.
>>
File: please release them.png (32KB, 150x234px) Image search: [Google]
please release them.png
32KB, 150x234px
>>31418808
That wouldn't have happened if you didn't force them to fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 236x285px)
image.jpg
17KB, 236x285px
>>31418888
>>
>>31418871
But N was rejecting the truth in pursuit of his ideal. The truth that humans and Pokemon wanted to be together.

Its not just that N didn't know the truth, but what he does when he sees the truth. And he chose his ideals over the truth. N's character is that he picks ideals over truth, and its the protagonist helps him accept the truth.
>>
>>31418888
>>31418889
I think I'm gonna have to roam the world for two years after that. One day though, I will win.
>>
>>31418888
DESTROYED
>>
>>31418888
All hail the real Hero! Hilbert!
>>
>>31418906
If he was rejecting, he wouldn't want Hilbert to come face him after he'd already become the Champion. He wanted that fight simply to convince himself that what he believed in was truth. That if someone with opposing views like Hilbert also got chosen as the Hero and fought him on equal footing, only the truth will win.

Either way, it's more about how you want to interpret it. While I do think both Legends fit, I believe Reshirem fits N better, and him letting it go in BW2, after he'd learned the Truth, also makes more sense to me.
>>
>>31418906
I see it as a true seperatation

With no possible harm from Pokémon, this is truly the only path for complete safety.

However the trainer shows the ideal trainer and how humans and Pokémon co-exist
>>
>>31418911
>911
>>
>>31418954
N wanted to prove that his ideal was superior to the truth, that it could surpass. That his ideal could create truth.

Its also why Zekrom fits him most. Ideals, just like N himself, can always change. Truth is constant.
>>
>character talk more than any NPC before him
>they complement this by always increasing his talking speed which adds convince and the slightly autistic characteristic to N

Gen 5 was cool

Fun Fact Zinnia spews more dialogue at you than BW N
>>
>>31419001
Proof for the Zinnia thing?
>>
>>31419039
I don't know check bulbapedia. I made a google doc pasting all the dialogue from both characters a long time ago

N was around 2500 while Zinnia was like 3000 iirc
>>
>>31418994
He wanted to confirm his belief. How you put it is up to you, but that was his goal. He clearly recognized that Trainers and Pokemon lived happily together. You could say he wanted to know the truth, or that he wanted to reject the truth. Either works. In my mind, Hilbert getting Zekrom, since he only seeks his ideals, not the truth, makes more sense. But as I've been saying all this time, the story is written to not favor one over the other.
>>
Really makes you think

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/nendoroid%3A-n-posable-figure-703-01692
>>
And this thread is why I love Gen 5.
>>
>>31417546
would fuck
>>
>>31417888
>>31418528
You're autistic if you think the games are not laid out so both dragons fit him
>>
>>31419432
Just like how there are more shades than black and white, there's more than one answer.
>>
>>31419454
I guess you could say the answer isn't so black and white bumb
>>
The only thing I didn't like was the game messing with your head with the whole "Am I the good guy? Or am I the bad guy who is stopping the good guys from doing good?"

And then at the end it's just "Nah I was pulling your leg my dude. We're the villains"
>>
File: 1480583751539.jpg (23KB, 518x284px)
1480583751539.jpg
23KB, 518x284px
>>31418888
>>
>>31417546
severly lacking character, probably one of the worst in the series. planted in the game to appease young girls and gays.

team plasma overall doesn't fit in any way into the pokemon world just on the basis that they're knights alone.
only thing redeeming is that indeed the moral of the story is ok.
>>
>>31421027
>I'm going to say it's bad without actually saying anything

>>31420813
Well kinda, it's what seperates N and Ghetsis. Even the sages thought what they were doing was right. It's kinda creepy what Ghetsis set out to do
>>
>>31418871
So by your interpretation, the protagonist is someone who seeks ideals by going on a journey, going from a nobody to a champion.
>>
>>31418049
>I think it's because he sees himself as an ideal hero, is ignorant to the truth about the world, and spends the game trying to fulfill his dreams.
N also sees himself as the one that knows the truth of this world and how barbaric it is towards pokemon. Honestly or can go either way.

Which was the entire point of the game.
>>
>There is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence.

This is a quote from a kids Nintendo game
>>
He's okay but Colress stole the show in terms of 5th gen characters for me.
>>
did nothing wrong
was trying to Nuzlocke through the game
is cute
>>
>>31418911
You will lose to a chicken.
Trust me I'm from the future.
>>
Lame and overrated.

N and vanilla Plasma are cancer.
>>
>>31421387
You must be salty for some reason
>>
File: boingo.jpg (58KB, 211x400px)
boingo.jpg
58KB, 211x400px
>>31418888
CAN'T ARGUE WITH THESE DIGITS.
>>
>>31418433
And this in a game set un Pokéamerica

It's like Nintendo tried to warn us from SJW
>>
>>31423565
Nah just Jewish media

N is a liberal who is a very smart special snowflake but had a very biased upbringing and only saw the world in a skewed way. His step sisters still say he has a pure heart and that's why the message is so good.

He only found his answers by living life
>>
File: 2305836.jpg (75KB, 500x621px)
2305836.jpg
75KB, 500x621px
>>31418612
The cube is a Menger sponge, it's a fractal.

I didn't know those other things, though. That's really cool.
>>
N is in love with hilbert.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.