[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

its official. we all knew it deep down, and now we've got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 8

File: 1484616331653.png (2MB, 2055x1882px) Image search: [Google]
1484616331653.png
2MB, 2055x1882px
its official. we all knew it deep down, and now we've got the poll to prove it. Platinum has lost its standing in the top 3 pokemon games list. looks like it's going to sit wih Emerald in the "shitty but nostalgiafags like it" category from now on.
>>
>SM ever being close to the holy trinity
Oh please. Let's run a poll before Sinnoh remakes and see how well it does then.
>>
>>31414432

Please stop. This list was decided ages ago as B2/W2 - Platinum- Emerald or Black/White.
>>
>>31414614
What? It was always HGSS -- BW2 -- Platinum before this
>>
Still Honeymoon phase.
>>
>all these memes

Nigga anything but Platinum, Emerald and HGSS is factually incorrect.
>>
>>31414614
>>31414669
>>31414831
>being this much in denial

I want to laugh at you but at the same time I feel really bad
>>
>>31414669
/thread
The trinity isn't up for review at least until the next games/generation.
>>
>>31414432
Platinum was fucking shit even back in the day.
>>
HG SS were aesthetically pleasing and super comfy to start with but the level curve is genuinely retarded and post-game is ghost-town.
>>
>>31414925
Seriously if "being too strong" is a fault on a child's game then the fault is really on you. JUST TRAIN MORE POKEMON. Have 6 overleveled Pokemon in your party? Easy solution - TRAIN MORE. Have MORE than 6! That's why we HAVE boxes!

FFS why are some pokemon players so retarded
>>
>>31414432
>SM not being the lowest of the low
The games are garbage honestly. Replace with either Platinum, Black and White, or Emerald.

Gen 7 was a huge mistake. I've played every Pokemon game and these are the only ones that felt like I huge waste of money despite being only $30.
>>
>>31414925
>level curve
I personally wished the level curve between you and the trainers were further apart. Red was pretty easy, even with the 'stupid' level curve.

>post-game is ghost-town
Seriously? I guess you wanted another copy and paste battle facility, which you already got from the game as bonus. If having a second region as post-game doesn't please you, nothing will.
>>
>SM
>better than Emerald and Plat
lol
>HGSS
>better than Emerald and Play
LOL
>>
take the poll again in 3 months

first, putting sun/moon at the top implies it scored the highest, it actually scored the lowest
second, people are only ranking it so high because it's new

I mean it has next to no end game, backwards compatibility has been pushed back, festival plaza takes everything bad about join avenue and PSS and leaves out everything good, lillie leaves, we don't actually know shit about the legendary, what the fuck is there to like?
>>
>>31415037
>SM released
>everyone loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a week"

>one week after SM are released
>everyone loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a month"

>one month after SM are released
>everyone still loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a couple months"

>two months after SM is released
>everyone still loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a couple months haha I swear"
>>
>SM being anywhere close to top tier

I bet you think it's acceptable to have BW1 in top tier too.
>>
>>31415110
yes. at least wait until people are no longer actively playing it
>>
>>31414993
When I say "stupid level curve" I mean stupidly easy. If you found anything at all challenging about HG/SS then you're probably retarded.

Kanto was basically empty and pointless. If you're going to do another region do it properly and not just tack it on in a "oh this will please genwunners" fashion.
>>
>>31415110
>3 years later
>everyone still loves it
>"It's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after another year"
>>
>>31415156
what?

Im always playing at least 2 Pokemon games at one time. do you think people just drop a game forever once they're done with it?
>>
>>31414432
>HG/SS and not Platinum
>>
>>31415194
no. but I do think people are far more likely to be playing the next big thing so soon after release

it's far too premature for a poll like this and the fact that SMfags are pushing it so hard is evidence to me that they're scared it won't be so popular in a few months
>>
>>31415228
its already two months old anon
>>
>>31415173
>Kanto was basically empty and pointless
>expecting Kanto to be expansive like it was from gen 1 for a game that's main region isn't Kanto

With as much content there was in the game, there's only so much content one game can have.
>>
>>31415257
two months is nothing. some people probably didn't even start playing until a month or so after it was out

b2w2 is 4.5 years old
HGSS is 7

those two are measured in order of years, they have stood the test of time and proved they deserve to be there. SM simply has not. it hasn't even got one year under its belt
>>
>>31415257
People were still warm to XY for several months. Now its general reception is indifference at best and dislike from most.
>>
SM did quite a few things right, but it did double that wrong
>>
>>31415291
If you're not doing something 100% don't do it. Don't half-ass things.
>>
>>31414432
>Platinum has lost its standing in the top 3 pokemon games list.
The hell was it doing there in the first place? It's as much a dud as D/P were.
>>
>>31415611
So why does Game Freak still make games then? The put out ORAS without Battle Frontier (even though it had clearly been thought of). They haven't made a post-game facility with as much depth as even BW2's in four and a half years.
You may not like these games either, but it does show how it isn't just symptomatic of HGSS
>>
>>31414945

the level curve is shit tho. If you train a team of six, by the time yuo reach the E4, your team will be around levels 36-41 and then by the time you beat Blue, your team will be around the early or mid 50's, while red is in the low to high 80's.
>>
File: 1482396364283.jpg (21KB, 503x563px) Image search: [Google]
1482396364283.jpg
21KB, 503x563px
>>31414925
>Download Perfect Silver hack which add all mons and up trainer levels a little
>Train my main and 'Rocky' so I don't get too ahead
>Tfw rocky won't listen and Morty's rekking my shit

Level curve is easily fixed
>>
LOL. HG, SS, Plat and emerald are by far the best pokemon games ever made. Gen 5 should be forgotten. Almost no good pokemon. Sun and moon is good but not as good as those games. And black and white (2) are just the worst games they ever made.
>>
>>31415692
B2W2 was also the 5th set of games on its system so they had a lot of practice.

The real problem is that we didn't get a real third game out of Gen 6. We need Stars or Sun2Moon2 or something.
>>
>>31415110
Actually no. SM has started to get hate between that time period, and for good reason too. The reason being why it seems like a long time is because XY only had a couple of weeks before everyone started shitting on it.
>>
You can't judge a game until a good amount of time passes

Although it has been a decent amount of time which shows how good it is
>>
>>31414432
>SM
It is as dull as gen 1
>>
>>31415759
I disagree, Emerald, Platinum/HGSS, and BW2 ARE the holy trinity, S&M/X&Y are the ones that need to be forgotten.
>>
>>31414432
>Amazing
>Pokemon games
Not really. The series is fun and addicting but the games are rife with flaws and are honestly not very good.
>>
>>31414432
Platinum was replaced with this unfinished piece of shit with no content?

In your dreams
>>
>>31414432
I say it is worth looking into, but later. New Toy syndrome hasn't died down yet, there has yet to be honest discussion of the game's flaws that hasn't devolved into incoherent screeching, and people still unironically think Decidueye is OU.
>>
I really start to think that SM is worse than XY and ORAS
SM's framerate issues are worse, the menus are way slower and lag more, no PSS, gimped pokemon amie with no feature, postgame is still as empty, no new interesting content
SM didn't improve in any way compared to XY, and even managed to have a less interesting region than XY
>>
>>31415110
I don't think I ever saw a thread were people clearly explained why they loved SM, there is pretty much nothing interesting about this game
>>
File: 46027237_p2_master1200.jpg (87KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
46027237_p2_master1200.jpg
87KB, 500x294px
Good pokemon games worth playing
Platinium
Emerald
BW
B2W2
Maybe worth picking up
HGSS
Irrelevant tier
everything else
>>
>>31414945
I played y exactly like this; with two teams. It was very fun, and my next run of sun will also be like this. There are ways to bypass this too easy/overleveled "problem". Put it on set, and you're good to go.
>>
Truth is
Emerald - Platinum - B2W2
>>
>>31418686
I know right? Fuck ORAS had more content than SM this is crazy

The photos in SM are probably the most pointless and annoying feature ever
>>
>>31418780
not a singles new feature in SM was interesting
>pokepelago
>pokemon refresh
>festival plaza
>the whole QR code thing
>rotom dex
>photos
>>
>>31418797
but they were interesting
well not the QR shit but
>>
>>31418797
Pelago is useful, i'l give them that, i also prefer no HMs so Ride Pokemon can stay but these are gimmicks, they dont add much gameplay, Everything else is just stupid and pointless or useles
>>
>>31418821
Pokepelago is only useful for berries and farming evolution stones
that's it
>>
>>31418553
t. reddit

rb were by far the best games on the system on release
>>
>>31418841
you forgot EVs and levelling when you can't be bothered to play
>>
>>31418841
>evs
>leveling
>dex entries
>berries
>happiness
>free money and items
all while afk
>>
>>31418853
>>31418861
EVs and levelling are extremely slow compared to their non afk counterparts
I don't know why I would ever use them
eving a pokemon takes ~10 min and level up to level 50 is like 20min
>>
>>31418873
they are but the point is you do literally nothing
>>
>>31418873
what about level 100

don't forget you can do 18 pokemon at once
>>
>>31418686
>gimped pokemon amie with no feature
It literally only added new features. What are you on?
>>
>>31418934
It added the grooming option and removed the minigames, face recognition and decoration option
>>
where's the obligatory "now that the dust has settled" phrase?
>>
I agree OP, if I'd had to recommend to someone the best three pokemon games I'd definitely go with these ones.
Story and gameplay wise you can't get any better than that.
>>
>>31414432
So a game that's just a few months old is in a nostalgiafag category? OP is a faggot.
>>
>>31414432
Remove HGSS, put BW or Platinum there. HGSS is too shit.
>>
Come on, people. This same dude admitted in a Diamond bait thread that he kept making poll threads specifically to fuck with people.

Why are you guys so goddamn retarded.
>>
>SM is the best game ever
>no it isn't
>yes it is
>no it isn't
>yes it is
>no it isn't
SM was a mistake
>>
>>31419460
/vp/ was a mistake, not SM. SM is great.
>>
>>31419468
thanks for proving my point retard.
>>
>>31419470
Thanks for proving my point too. /vp/ truly was a mistake.
>>
>>31419440
Shit taste
>>
>>31418844
Still rife with flaws. Not to mention that they're outclassed by pretty much every Pokemon game made after it.
>>
>>31419492
Literally everything has flaws. Pokemon's flaws are so small that they mostly doesn't even exist.
>>
>>31415173
Can you explain to me the following:
1. What makes Kanto empty and pointless? Just because you're not inexplicably thrown into an evil team's scheme again, but going on an adventure more like every other trainer in the entire pokemon world?

2. Game freak was trying to please genwunners before the term, or even the concept, existed; especially considering there is a real story behind the addition of Kanto in the Gold and Silver games.

And really, shut the fuck up about difficulty, the fact is that no game in the series is objectively hard and everyone disagrees because they used different god damn teams. If you had gone into Whitney's gym, coincidentally lacking a rock or fighting type, with reasonable levels all around and probably not much more than 3 or 4 members on your team (all things that are likely to happen on a non-autistic playthrough) you would surely have a worse time than if it wasn't the case
>>
>>31419484
>endless and unnecessary genwun pandering
>broken and gimmicky new feature
>handholding throughout the entire game
XY is the worst pokemon game ever!
>endless and unnecessary genwun pandering
>broken and gimmicky new feature
>handholding throughout the entire game
SM is the best pokemon game ever!
>>
>>31419500
The last part is laughably false and you know it. Pokemon is equal parts fun and frustrating.
>>
>>31414925
>post-game is ghost-town
You could argue this for GSC but not HGSS.
>>
>>31419534
It's still pretty true in HGSS. Unless you look copy and paste facilities.
>>
>>31414432

what the fuck, where did this platinum is good meme come from? they only improved the surfing speed and added more fire pokemon, something they should have done with DP
>>
>>31419518
>>endless and unnecessary genwun pandering
20th anniversary

>>broken and gimmicky new feature
SOS battles? Yeah, bad. Other than that, it's all good.

>>handholding throughout the entire game
Cutscenes and handholding are two different things.

You clearly only think with the contrarian hateboner of yours.
>>
>>31419440 (you)
>>
>>31419543
Because it effectively saved Sinnoh from being total ass. The only problems I have with Pt are unfixable problems from DP (namely the region being a total mess). It had a nice post-game I guess. Better than most Pokemon games anyway.
>>
>>31419543
It's DP with a few fixes. DP is so shit that even a few little fixes make Platinum look godly next to it, and fags who started with Gen 4 think that's an achievement worth considering it the best.
>>
>>31419543
Basically it's Sinnohfetuses overstating the value of the gimmicks added in Plat and ignoring the massive downgrades gen 4 brought as a whole.
>>
>>31415173
> Kanto was basically empty and pointless
Right in GSC. Not in HGSS. They at least added back the missing dungeons (Viridian Forest, Cerulean Cave, Seafoam Islands)
>>
>>31419562
>20th anniversary
because that excuses everything
>SOS battles? Yeah, bad. Other than that, it's all good.
i was talking about the z-moves,
>Cutscenes and handholding are two different things
i wasn't talking about the cutscenes, i was talking about legitimate handholding that's done to the player.
>>
>>31419630
That were either severely shortened or casualised.
>>
>>31419610
>Basically it's Sinnohfetuses overstating the value of the gimmicks added in Plat and ignoring the massive downgrades gen 4 brought as a whole.
so it's essentialy SM but 9 to 10 years ago?
>>
>>31418797
> pokepelago
I'll give you just this one but it won't come back in the next games.
> pokemon refresh
Only useful so you don't use healing items. Useless otherwise.
> festival plaza
It's shit and everyone knows it. Join Avenue was way better.
> the whole QR code thing
Useless, except if you're injecting
> rotom dex
Boring
> photos
Pointless, you don't get a single reward for this and it serves no purpose at all.
>>
>>31419666
Pretty much.
>>
>>31419652
>because that excuses everything
Everything? Like Alolan Forms? Yes, it does. Besides that, there wasn't any.

>i was talking about the z-moves,
Exactly what is gimmicky or broken about super moves?

>i was talking about legitimate handholding that's done to the player
Examples?
>>
>>31419670
Dude, he said none of them were interesting.
>>
>>31419041
Now that the dust has settled, its official. we all knew it deep down, and now we've got the poll to prove it.
Platinum has lost its standing in the top 3 pokemon games list. looks like it's going to sit wih Emerald in the "shitty but nostalgiafags like it" category from now on.
>>
>>31419659
> severely shortened
No, just check the maps of those dungeons. It's either the same, or at least as big.
The only shortened ones were Mt Moon and Rock Tunnel which were already in GSC.
>>
>>31419685
Oh, yeah shitty reading comprehension sorry.
It's because of my autism
>>
>>31419678
>Like Alolan Forms? Yes, it does. Besides that, there wasn't any.
Not him but are you being serious dude? Alola forms are literally just gen 1 mon XY at the very least dished out megas to other gens as well. Not to mention the bulk of the Alola dex is nothing but Kanto mons.

>Exactly what is gimmicky or broken about super moves?
I don't know what's broken about them but they are certainly a flashy gimmick that literally adds nothing to the game in the slightest. All in all its just a waste of an item slot.

>Examples?
Except the extreme railroading and linearity that would put Unova to shame how about that objective marker.
>>
>>31419678
>Everything? Like Alolan Forms? Yes, it does. Besides that, there wasn't any.
>there wasn't any
redesigned red and blue, protagonist is from kanto, kukui went on the kanto league and samson oak
>Exactly what is gimmicky or broken about super moves?
they aren't broken as mega evolutions but they are much more gimmicky.
>Examples?
i can't give examples because i have yet to play SM, and before you say ''stop complaining about games you don't play'' i personally think SM is hit and miss .

SM isn't the best pokemon game but it isn't the worst pokemon game either.
>>
>>31419690
Cerulean and Seafoam were shorter with the latter losing its puzzles.
Viridian forest is the only one to have retained its original size but it's only Viridian with nothing new in it.

HGSS was such a wasted opportunity. They had the perfect chance to add to Kanto's variety and exploration and they squandered it. That's what happens to games in the gimmick era though.
>>
>>31419717
>waste of an item slot
epic
>>
>>31419742
It is anon. There are very few pokemon that can actually utilise a Z move better than an actual item. Not to mention it's one per battle.
>>
>>31419717
>Alola forms are literally just gen 1 mon
Yes, and as it's been said many times, they deserved it more than any other Pokemon, having been around for the longest.

>Not to mention the bulk of the Alola dex is nothing but Kanto mons
Marely 5% more than they would normally be, and if you discount the Legends from other gens which weren't available for obvious reasons, the number of Kanto mons in dex is almost completely fair.

>literally adds nothing to the game
New moves aren't literally nothing.

>railroading and linearity
Not a bad thing, nor does it count as handholding.

>>31419736
>redesigned red and blue
Just like any other character that appears.

>protagonist is from kanto, kukui went on the kanto league and samson oak
How exactly is this pandering? Them having been to or being from Kanto adds nothing to Kanto itself. Learn what the term means.

>they are much more gimmicky.
About as gimmicky as equipping a strong weapon in a normal RPG.

SM failed in did fail in a lot of areas, particularly not having as much content and simply not having skip button, but the complains I'm hearing here are just ridiculous. "Z-moves are gimmicky and it referenced Kanto, so it is bad". That's beyond ridiculous.
>>
>>31415110
>everyone loves it
lost me there tbqh
>>
>>31419798
>they deserved it more than any other Pokemon
And how does that excuse GF from not only making about 20 of them but only giving them to gen 1 mon severely reducing the variety of the game? Also you have to remember anon, this is an anniversary of the series and not just gen 1.

>the number of Kanto mons in dex is almost completely fair.
Fair would be an equal balance between the generations. Not rampant favouritism of one generation.

>New moves aren't literally nothing.
They are when they exist solely for eyecandy rather than to be a mechanic that changes the game in a significant way.

>Not a bad thing, nor does it count as handholding.
Of course it does. Even without the objective marker that you so conveniently forgot your address it's directing the player into a planned route with very little chance of divergence. In other words they're the definition of hand holding.
>>
>>31418873
m8 it sounds like you have no clue how to use the pokepelago. You can only train 6 pokemon at a time normally, but with pokepelego you can train 24 pokemon at once, 18 on Evelup and 6 in your party. The isle avue is also fantastic for easily maxing out friendship for pokemon that require it to evolve, not to mention hatching eggs. No wasted space in your party. Best part is the Evelup isle will continue working even while you're doing nothing.
>>
>>31419798
are you gonna defend every flaw in SM?
>>
>>31419874
not him but are you going to counter them?
>>
>>31419865
Can you not into math?
24 mon over several days is considerably slower than 6 mon over 5 to 10 minutes in previous games.
In that same time frame toy could have trained most of the dex while the pelago is stuck with those 24.

I don't think you understand that the problem here is the speed.
>>
>>31419884
Counter what?
You've basically just stuck your fingers in your ears and said nuh uh instead of giving a legitimate argument.

I mean you're literally defending GFs laziness with alolan forms.
>>
>>31419902
>not him
Hmm.
>>
>>31419893
I don't think you understand that it works when you're not playing the game, it runs in the background
>>
>>31419863
>Also you have to remember anon, this is an anniversary of the series and not just gen 1
So, they should've given these new forms to Unova Pokemon too, which came out only 7 years ago and doesn't need anything like this?
The fair reasoning behind the decision. It is pandering, but not bad pandering. The Pokemon that have been the same for the longest were given a rehash.

>Fair would be an equal balance between the generations. Not rampant favouritism of one generation.
That's exactly what it fair means, and exactly what would happen
About 18% of all 802 Pokemon are Kanto Pokemon. 23% of all Alola Dex is Kanto Pokemon. That is 5% more than it should be. Not that high of number, especially considering Kanto Pokemon are the most popular ones.

>They are when they exist solely for eyecandy rather than to be a mechanic that changes the game in a significant way.
They do damage, have stat changing effects and do just about everything a normal move would do, just better. What else were you expecting?

>it's directing the player into a planned route with very little chance of divergence
Oh, so telling you what needs to be done next is bad in a game? Flawless logic.

>>31419874
No, but I won't be. If you were actually pointing out flaws, like the ones I previously recognized, SOS Battles, having just overall extra content, no skip button, I would not defend them. Those are actual flaws. But right now, the things being mentioned are just minor nitpicks that doesn't make a game bad in any way at all. Not having Johto Alolan forms isn't making the game bad. Referencing Kanto isn't making the game bad. These aren't flaws.
>>
>>31419963
>The fair reasoning
*There's fair reasoning behind the decision.
>>
>>31419963
you need to see this >>31419902
>>
>>31419982
See what? The part about "defending GF's laziness with Alolan forms"? Because that's bullshit. Alolan forms weren't something that every Gen 1 was SUPPOSED to get, but GF got lazy and only gave them to Gen 1. They were a Gen 1 thing, made to pander only Gen 1, and that's all they are.
>>
>>31414432
I can accept this for now
But DP remakes would easily top S&M and HGSS
Hell I'd argue FRLG would top HGSS if it had the physical/special split
>>
>>31420008
thanks for proving his point you retard.

he is right you are just covering your ears instead of giving a legitimate argument.

also defending lazy and pandering alolan forms is just disgusting.
>>
>>31415316
>Now its general reception is indifference at best and dislike from most.
Pathetic desu. It's baseless dislike from jaded autists with too much time on their hands who are bored and want to stir up drama.
>>
File: 632.png (365KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
632.png
365KB, 600x652px
>>31414432
>SM in the trinity
I knew the newfags and underage would bring good things eventually
>>
There is no way. Sun and moon are top tier games. Anyways I'm waiting for stars. Emerald and platinum b/w2 are my fav
>>
>>31414432
Replace SM with XY and its good
>>
>>31420154
>XY
>even remotely holy trinity
Neck yourself
>>
>>31420165
Better than SM at the very least
>>
>>31420179
Ok, yeah! Let's do it because this one poster's contrarian tastes aren't satisfied. Great idea that is sure to show off /vp/'s general opinion!
>>
>>31419963
ITT : Normie trying to defend Kanto pandering
>>
>>31420291
He just said it's not a big deal as you make it out to be.
>>
>>31420311
>kanto isn't a big deal
but SM and XY makes kanto out to be a really big deal.
>>
>>31420322
which he just proved that they don't
>muh oak
>>
>>31419902
>>31419982
>makes a detailed post breaking down each of the points the other anon made
>"y-you're just sticking your fingers in your ears"
>>
>>31420330
yes. kanto isn't a big deal because every region gets equal love from gamefreak right?

RÄ°GHT?
>>
>>31420349
well they just remade hoenn but that wasn't hoenn pandering apparently
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-16-20-18-07-1.png (173KB, 1440x2292px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-16-20-18-07-1.png
173KB, 1440x2292px
>>31419456
it was a regular poll that people voted on.

>>31419849
>>31420154
pic related.
>>
>>31420363
HGSS is overrated but people vote for it anyway because muh group mentality
>>
>>31420363
Reminder that you can simply swap IPs to get a new vote.
>>
>>31414432
Emerald, Platinum, HGSS and B2W2 are everyone's top 4, SM are fucking shit next to them.
>>
>>31420372
What makes you think its overrated
>>
>>31420337
>makes a detailed post breaking down each of the points the other anon made
Yeah no.
Add as much extentions as you want but your posts were essentially.
>it's okay because Gen 1 is gen 1 nothing else deserves them
>it's not handholding because it's just there
>Z moves aren't a waste because they're moves
>you're just nitpicking

You barely addressed what was said to you let alone give a detailed response. Not to mention you even accepted that SM went hard on the pandering which was contradicting your own point that it wasn't.
>>
>>31420413
> "because it has a bad level curve so people can't enjoy it"
> "also I didn't so others must think like me"
>>
File: IMG_3483.jpg (29KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3483.jpg
29KB, 342x192px
>Johtoddlers are STILL defending HGSS but shitting on SM for the EXACT SAME REASONS
>>
>>31420392
see >>31420363

>>31420428
it wasnt my post sweetie
>>
>>31420413
I just can't see what makes it the best game.
>>
>>31420413
>poor distribution of pokemon
>tedious daily events/pokewalker/safari zone etc.
>Kanto is still barren and the game as a whole lacks exploration
>no worthwhile or lasting content outside of the copy and paste frontier
>gen 4 engine
>useless and lazy gimmicks everywhere like following pokemon
>>
>>31420459
Yeah and I'm Ghandi.
Still doesn't change the fact that you have no arguments whatsoever.
>>
>>31420475
what are your arguments then? what do you want z moves to be then? why is handholding bad when routes don't scale? why do you think kanto pandering was such a big deal?
>>
>>31420487
Are you kidding.
Read the thread. All of those have been answered.
>>
>>31420499
But your arguments were disproven already. The moves aren't a waste, the pandering isn't that big and you say handholding is bad, why, when all the games are linear as fuck
>>
>>31420465
>poor distribution of pokemon
Not really. Unless you meant about the Johto mons? But really in a 100 mons generation with 1/3 being babies or evos from Kanto mons, you couldn't really have a better distribution.

>tedious daily events/pokewalker/safari zone etc.
The first two are mostly bonuses. The safari zone is not that great I admit.

>Kanto is still barren and the game as a whole lacks exploration
Places not visited in Johto during the main game : Dark Cave, Ruins of Alph, 2/3 of Union Cave, half of Slowpoke Well, Bell Tower / Whirl Islands (depending on your game), Mt Mortar
So like 2/3 of the dungeons aren't visited during the main game in Johto. In Kanto, add Cerulean Cave, Viridian Forest and Seafoam Islands.
I don't think a lot of others Pokemon games had that much places left to explore.
>no worthwhile or lasting content outside of the copy and paste frontier
Pokeathlon? Otherwise others games don't have much either.
>inb4 PWT
Litteraly just a tower / frontier equivalent
>gen 4 engine
The game is faster than DP, has better colors and honestly the engine looks good. Better than gen 5 at least.
>useless and lazy gimmicks everywhere like following pokemon
Uh, really? Useless or gimmicky doesn't mean it's bad or that people can't like it.
>>
>>31418844
> I have never played Link's Awakening
>>
>>31414432
I agree. I think SM are the best Pokemon games we got since B2W2. Platinum did not age well because of how painfully slow gen4 is. HGSS are the fanbase's overall favorite games and there is no denying that. My list tho:

SM = B2W2 > Colosseums > FRLG > E > BW > HGSS > Pt > GSC > RBY > RS > ORAS > XY > Guzzlord shit > DP

first game was RB when they first came out.
>>
>>31420512
>But your arguments were disproven already.
You can't just go
>DISPROVEN!!!
Without actually disproving anything anon. Again, you've just ignored the arguments at hand and responded with something that's barely relevant to what we're talking about.
>>
>>31420879
But you're the one doing it? You're just saying "they're shit" and when asked to elaborate you don't explain anything
>>
>>31420974
>and when asked to elaborate you don't explain anything
That's because you're ignoring everything that doesn't align with your own bias. Like I said before everything is already in the thread, you just need to use a wee bit of tact and read our without getting miffed.
>>
>>31421003
You claim that gen 1 pandering is automatically bad. Why?
Besides there's two explanations for the forms, one being that they're the oldest in the game so logically they get new forms, and second being that Alola is closest to Kanto.
You claim that Z-Moves are nothing. With your logic all moves are nothing.
Saying they don't add anything is retarded and wrong, they add new moves and item choices.
You claim that progressing the story is automatically a bad thing. Why?
>>
>>31421044
There you go again. You'll just ignore this too but whatever

>You claim that gen 1 pandering is automatically bad. Why?
Variety.
One of the many things SM fails to achieve due to the excessive amount of gen 1 Pokemon to the other 6. And that passes to the alolan forms too especially since several mon already set themselves up for regional variants to begin with.
Oh and as for your "5%" consider that the other Pokemon have considerably lower encounter rates especially the new mon meaning you're going to run into Kanto mon far too often.

>Besides there's two explanations for the forms, one being that they're the oldest in the game so logically they get new forms, and second being that Alola is closest to Kanto.
The first reason holds no bearing whatsoever and is just a poor justification for the pandering. The second doesn't prevent mon being imported from other regions especially Johto which as you know is right next to Kanto as well as the fact that some gen 2 mon are also found in Kanto.

>You claim that Z-Moves are nothing. With your logic all moves are nothing.
They're nothing because they're a one use nuke that very little mon can reliably utalize at the cost of an item slot. Basically they're there just for eyecandy rather than making q legitimate change to the game.
>Saying they don't add anything is retarded and wrong, they add new moves and item choices.
See above.
>You claim that progressing the story is automatically a bad thing. Why?
There's a difference between progression and blocking the player off from doing anything aside from the story anon in fact this is the first game that actively blocks areas of a city off until you do the story for example when you first get to malie you're forced to go to the garden before doing anything else and when you enter the garden Hau blocks one of the two routes to Kukui. In other words it's literally holding your hand and preventing any meaningful exploration of what little there is in SM.
>>
>>31421170
Why is variety a gen-related thing?
>first holds no bearing
Now who's saying "nuh uh, disproven"

>he doesn't know z-moves can be used with status moves
>literally once again saying disproven even when arguing against a fact

>this is the first time that blocks areas until you do story
Uh no.
Besides, what's the gain of going to the city before the garden again? You're yet to explain it, you just say things you automatically assume are bad.
>>
File: 1476497290223-1.png (971KB, 1997x2916px) Image search: [Google]
1476497290223-1.png
971KB, 1997x2916px
HGSS were poorly designed.

Platinum, Emerald, SM and challenge mode BW2 are the only good games.
>>
>>31419562
You are literally delusional. Were you this dense when XY came out too? If that's the case then there's still some hope for you, as you'll see that SM is almost the exact same thing as XY.
>>
>>31421463
XY was shitted on much sooner than 2 months early

>>31421381
HGSS only flaws stem from being too faithful
>>
>>31421347
>Why is variety a gen-related thing?
Because they're focusing so hard on gen 1 and neglecting everything else. You wild have picked that up if you read the post.

>Now who's saying "nuh uh, disproven"
You are seeing as your only justification is just that they're the oldest. Is there any particular reason why that places them above the others? The answer is no, they're all pokemon.
Again, another thing you would have picked up if you had read the post.
>>he doesn't know z-moves can be used with status moves
>literally once again saying disproven even when arguing against a fact
The fact being that they're useless?
Because even Z status moves are incredibly niche in usage when you can just use the regular move in tandem with a better item. All in all there are about 3 status moves that could be used in a moderately useful way and they all have horrid distribution.

>Besides, what's the gain of going to the city before the garden again?
You do realise one of the core themes in pokemon is exploration right? With the amount of railroading and handholding SM has they've essentially ripped that aspect away from the game. Not to mention a player has to wait through a barrage of cutscenes just to catch the new pokemon in the area like Komala.
>You're yet to explain it, you just say things you automatically assume are bad.
Which doesn't mean much coming from the person who is still ignoring arguments and passing his opinion as facts.
>>
>>31421381
But the pacing isn't the same at all.
Cyrus is fought not that far of the end of the game, and the only content after that is the post game island.
While Archer is fought after the 7th badges of Johto, but the game still had to fit 9 gyms after that.
>>
>>31421347
>Uh no.
The closest you would get is lumiose and that was like as large as 3 cities. In every main city in SM except for whatever was the last one you're blocked off until you finish some story shit.
>>
>>31421529
also HGSS has something that continues to this day, and that thing is remakes keeping the flaws of the originals.
>>
>>31421529
>9 gyms
What. Are you seriously counting postgame?
>>
>>31421381
I dont e en like HGSS that much and I can still see that this is blatant nitpicking.
>>
>>31421483
>Is there any particular reason why that places them above the others?
Gee anon, idk. Maybe it's because they're the oldest? Like gen 1? Like the entire reason you give for the variety thing above? Gee, good question.
If they're all pokemon, bringing in the generations in the variety discussion is irrelevant.

>The fact being that they're useless?
How is this an argument again? During the story they're very much usable.

>You do realise one of the core themes in pokemon is exploration right?
I wonder what games have you been playing before. Mystery Dungeon? Because every mainline game has been like this.

>Which doesn't mean much
Still doesn't explain it. Epic.
>>
>>31421557
> a postgame of an island vs a postgame of a almost full region
Yeah I guess at this point we can count it.
>>
>>31421898
>SM isn't a third game, remake or sequel
>is somehow better than third games, BW sequels and remakes
does not compute!
>>
>>31421978
what are you on about here?
also by your logic ORAS is the best game there is
>>
>>31421935
>he still thinks kanto is post game
top lel mate
also your entire region is cleared in 2-3 hours
>>
>>31422020
If Kanto is not post game then the highest level trainer of the game is the highest of all :^)
>>
>>31421898
>Gee anon, idk. Maybe it's because they're the oldest? Like gen 1? Like the entire reason you give for the variety thing above? Gee, good question.
So there's no real reason to place them over the others.

>If they're all pokemon, bringing in the generations in the variety discussion is irrelevant.
Context isn't really a thing you understand is it. They're all pokemon however they were all introduced in sets and one set shouldn't have more presence over the others for the sake of variety.

>During the story they're very much usable.
You mean the part of the game where everything is usable and thus your choices hold no real weight?
Also if it's only usable in game then that just solidifies their useless gimmick status.

>Because every mainline game has been like this.
Except they haven't. Gens 1 to 4 had far more explorability and freedom in their games as in when you reach a new city there was nothing stopping you from exploring the town or just moving on to another area. 5 was entering the areas of railroading however it had a multitude of areas to explore on the side that were tucked away for the player to discover and again, never locked portions of the town off.
6 removed a lot of that exploration making the game essentially a straight line with very little ability to go off the path. Lumiose was certainly cut off however it was the size of about 4 normal cities.
7 has just about done away with it completely and you have to abide by the progression of the story to access new buildings in the same town.

>Still doesn't explain it. Epic.
All of the explanations you need are right there. At this point there's just no hope for you. You're just going to go "no that's not true!" Over and over again.
>>
>>31421898
>still using the nuh uh approach
How long are you going to go on for?
You've already outed yourself as a retarded newfag.
>>
>>31414432
I don't like HGSS so I disagree.

And For me It's Platinum, BW, BW2
>>
>>31422689
>All of the explanations you need are right there. At this point there's just no hope for you. You're just going to go "no that's not true!" Over and over again
is he autistic?
>>
>>31422965
Which one? He still didn't explain it.
>>
>>31422965
Well, guess he just answered that question >>31422993
>>
>>31423011
You're no less autistic than me, mate. See where you're posting? Exactly.
>>
>>31423042
Do you even know who you're talking to right now?
>>
>>31423061
You?
>>
>>31423069
And who am I?
>>
>>31423095
Some outsider who took his time to call someone autistic on a taiwanese knitting forum?
>>
Let's get this over with:

>OBJECTIVELY BEST GAME
BW2

>High tier
HGSS shit level scaling fixed with romhacks
Emerald Fuck off with your ORAS autism
Platinum

>Medium tier
FRLG
BW1
SM

>Still comfy tier
RBY
GSC

>Worse than Hitler tier
ORAS

>They cancelled Pokemon Z because not even a third version would salvage this shitty game
XY

Seriously, what the fuck happened with this franchise during the NDS -> 3DS transition? Even the spinoffs were terrible like gates of infinity
>>
>>31423121
>SM in medium tier
>not Satan would rather eat his own shit than play it tier
>>
>>31423121
>Objectively
>BW2

chose one
>>
>>31423121
>B2W2 at the top
>BW that low
>SM that high
>ORAS not better than RS in literally every way

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>31414432
replace sun and moon with platinum and emerald and you got yourself the trinity of amazing games
>>
>>31423173
I'm not even sure if SM was great or not. I just hated XY and ORAS so much that I became desperate for a new good game, and SM didn't make me want to turn on pokesav and hack my team to level 100 so I could just finish the game as fast possible and delete that shit from my SD after realizing that there's 0 post game.

>>31423202
>ORAS not better than RS in literally every way
Yes, I'm an emeraldbaby
>>
>>31414432
Gen 4 was good, since it introduced the Phys/Spec split and wireless trading and battling, but it is mad overhyped by literal children born in the mid-90s. Gen 4 was their first pokemans game and they will never stop sucking its dick, even when it introduced piles of garbage mechanics like area-specific evolutions and kept plenty of older ones like HMs, single-use TMs, Running Shoes, and Feebas.
>>
>>31415173
Kanto is as empty as Kanto always is in FRLG and RBY
>>
>>31420363
Platinum managed to be a few votes behind a new game?

We know how people feel about Platinum HGSS and BW2, but there is no way to know what people will think about SM in a few years
>>
>>31423431
>wireless trading and battling
That was gen 3 gen 4 did online.

Also
>running shoes
>garbage
>>
>>31423431
this is the truth and the reason why gen 4 is so shilled here
>>
>>31420615
>S&M on the same level as either Gen 5 game

Here's your (You)
>>
>>31418686
oras has held me for well over 150 hours. sm got boring after ub quest because i can't rematch trainers so raising my mons is really tedious. encounter rates suck, sos is the stupidest shit and why the fuck was the dexnav removed? that was the best in oras and made tracking what has been caught vs what will be caught an actual pleasure.
>>
>>31424545
this gen 5 was shit
>>
>>31423948
>this is the truth and the reason why gen 5 is so shilled here
FTFY
>>
>>31423121

Switch B/W and HG/SS.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.