[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are currently the hardest non-legendary/mythical Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 431Glameow.png (769KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
431Glameow.png
769KB, 1280x1280px
What are currently the hardest non-legendary/mythical Pokémon to obtain in Sun and Moon? Including Pokémon you will need Bank for.
>>
Pic related. Only catchable if RNG is lucky for you in ORAS, although it has multiple spots where you can catch it.
What's more interesting are the HA Pokémon you can't obtain in gen VI and VII because they have as of now only been distributed in Dream World or their form can only be obtained in gen V.
>>
>>31408801
Is there a list of HA Pokémon that have only been distributed in Gen V?
>>
>>31408734
Dewpider and Araquanid can only found in one area in the region. But Araquanid is on a completely different island.

Crabrawler can only be found in berry piles and can't evolve unless you level it up in an area that's not accessible until the very end of the campaign where by now he's dead weight.

You can't catch Mareanie in the wild at all. It can only be summoned by a Corsola.

Most of Gen 7's pokemon have very low encounter rates.
>>
>>31408859
and yet they give you magikarp and other kanto shitmons more often
>>
>>31408824
I used to have a list but not anymore so I might be missing some:
HA Sentret
HA Qwilfish
HA Every fossil that's not from gen VI
HA Starters gen IV and III excludingTorchic
HA Deerling that's not the default form
HA Hippopotas
HA gen IV box legendaries (Dream Radar)
HA Mewtwo (I think this is a Jap-only event)

I think this is all.

And HA Kangaskhan was until S/M also only possible via gen VI but is obtainable now due to it being catchable in the wild now despite their low encounter rate.
>>
Houndour's latest appearance was a 10% single route encounter in X, and Black 1 before that.

I think Glameow and Pineco are still the hardest to get, even after ORAS.
>>
>>31408972
Pineco is pretty easy. Have a copy of HGSS, or have a copy of Emerald and Platinum. All three of those games are fairly common.

Glameow is only in Pearl, and who the fuck actually owns a copy of diamond or pearl anymore? Platinum is better in almost every way.
>>
>>31409040
I do :3
>>
>>31408971
HA Escavalier and Accelgor were also gen 5 only, I think
>>
>>31408971
Thanks, that will be very helpful once I finally transfer over my Dream World mons.

Speaking of Deerling, any variant apart from Spring is the only Pokémon you would have to go back to Gen V for to find. At least you can still get those forms by breeding if you have one already.

>>31409040
That's true, but you would still have to go pretty far back and also own a completed Gen V game to transfer them. You can also get Forretress in Gen VI, but Friend Safari is dead unless you saved them up back when it was active and with Mirage Spots you need some luck. Definitely not on the same level as Glameow, though.
>>
>>31409116
I do as well. I should probably sell it though.
>>
>>31408859
I found dewpider pretty common
>>
>>31409040
stunky and glameow are REALLY not good enough 'mon to be in a grand total of literally four games each across as many generations
>>
>>31409040
>tfw Pearl is the only game I don't have
>>
>>31409040
I have both Diamond and Pearl, but not Platinum
>>
>>31409148
>>31409140 is right. Shelmet and Karrablast are gen V-only too.

And you're right about Deerling. Same applies for Shellos but you can get both HA forms in ORAS. Maybe in S/M too but I don't know if Sun has the pink Gastrodon.

And HA Torchic is gen VI event-only, not gen V.
>>
>>31408734
>only readily available in Pearl, the least-played game of DPPt
>even in Pearl it's only available relatively late in the game where you would already be rounding out your team
>only available in White 2 through Funfest missions
>Stunky became readily available in XY instead of having Stunky be exclusive to X and Glameow to Y
>only available on one Mirage Island in ORAS

I don't think anything else comes close. Either GF is actively trying to sweep it under the rug or they just keep forgetting about it every time they decide on the old Pokémon to catch in each new game.
>>
>>31409436
>>even in Pearl it's only available relatively late in the game where you would already be rounding out your team
Here was me thinking it was an early mon for some reason, similar to Purrloin
>>
>>31409511
The first time you can catch one is the western half of Route 218, which you need Surf for.(and thus need to have beaten Fantina before you can get there)

In contrast, you can get Stunky in Diamond after you can use Cut, which you need to beat the 2nd Gym for.
>>
>>31409654
>In contrast, you can get Stunky in Diamond after you can use Cut, which you need to beat the 2nd Gym for.
That explains my mistake
>>
File: spiritomb_v_2_by_xous54.png (72KB, 289x415px) Image search: [Google]
spiritomb_v_2_by_xous54.png
72KB, 289x415px
>Available in Gen IV only through an extremely complicated method
>Nowhere in Gen V or XY
>ORAS has only one as an encouter pokemon
>Encounter which is available only in the postgame, but in a secluded area you wouldn't even bother to check if you didn't look it up on the internet
>Knows Memento
>>
>>31409872
It's in Friend Safari, though.
>>
>tfw looking for castform on Exeggutor Island
>found 3 goomys already
>>
>>31409872
Wasn't Spiritomb a trade pokemon in BW2?
>>
>>31410139
Yancy will trade you an HA one
>>
File: 129470155772.jpg (134KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
129470155772.jpg
134KB, 425x282px
>>31410081
>find one after going through three exeggutes
>"critical hit"
>>
>>31410366
dude false swipes lmao

Absol is top notch for the chaining bullshit.
>>
>>31411864
>>31410366

Parasect is still the best. Spore, False Swipe and Damp.
>>
>>31412461
>>31411864
I go with Lilligant in order to check natures too
>>
>>31408734

In Sun/Moon:
* HA Sharpedo (call rate 3 but easy from ORAS)
* HA Absol (")
* HA Miltank + Tauros (Also call rate 3 but Miltank HA was only in DW and in XY 5% horde with 1/5 being Miltank (rest Tauros))
* HA Kangaskhan (HA DW or 1% encounter in SM, with lowest call or rarely in Cubone chains)

Hard to get HAs in Gen 6 (from Mirage only):
* Persian
* Porygom
* Stantler
* Darmanitan

Hard to get HA from XY hordes:
* Houndour (X only, 10% horde)
* Heatmor (5% in hordes, only 1/5 is Heatmor, rest are Durant aggro against Heatmor)

Import DW only:
* Karrablast
* Shelmet
* Watchog
* Sentret
* All fossils gen 3-5
* Starters gen 3+4

Events:
* Starters gen2+5
* Fossils gen 6

-------

Hard to get in special balls:

Catchable in Dream World only (standard ball otherwise):
* Fossils gen 3-5 ( excluding Archen)
* gen 4 starters (rare event)
* gen 3 starters (ultra rare event, Jap/Kor only)
* Dream Ball rares: All male only (except Rowlet), all genderless, Pikachu, Gothitelle, BW Monkey trio, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

Safari Ball (very hard to get in HGSS)
* Bagon
* Beldum
* Lucario
* Gible

Off the top of my head.
I may be autistic about this
>>
>>31413116
At least this is useful information. There's not nearly enough floating around about things like this.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.