[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Embrassing things you did when you first started playing "competitive"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: ....png (35KB, 639x161px) Image search: [Google]
....png
35KB, 639x161px
Embrassing things you did when you first started playing "competitive" Pokemon
>I let my older brother convince me eviolite Slowbro was a thing
>I made really bad setspic sadly related
>>
>>31407326
Not really "embarassing" but for a while I basically only used offensive pokemon with as much coverage as possible. Little by little I learned how to git better
>>
I copy pasted teams from smogon rate my team threads.
>>
I once thought that legendary pokemon were the best, and my first team was just legendarys.

I never understood how I kept losing.
>>
I ran a physical Cobalion whose goal was Sneaky Pebbles them just spamming Iron Head and Sacred Sword.

The more depressing part is that it helped me reach over 2/3 of the ladder required for something I can't remember. I was 16 in UI by the time I dropped it.
>>
>>31407326
op here, forgot to change the sableye's ability to prankster
>>
I played cartridge DPP wifi back in the day. Never actually got around to IVing my shit. Never stayed in for speed ties anyways, but still dumb looking back at it.
>>
>>31407326
I didn't forfeit against a funbro player for like 30 minutes. Smogon points aren't worth it
>>
>>31407326
Created a chansey offense team with mega gallade (when it wasn't even that good anymore) in early ORAS. I didn't really grasp the basics of teambuilding and got fed up then checked the resources
>>
>>31407326
I can't believe Verlisify is your older brother. You poor piece of shit.
>>
I think it was ADV era back then and i played a simulator

I had hyper beam on all my pokemon
>>
>>31407395
that's not really embarassing
>>
>>31407326
I ran Focus Blast on Mega Blastoise
>>
>>31407326

>Want to breed a shiny Drought Vulpix in Black
>Gonna do it the "right" way
>Make sure the Vulpix I'm breeding with a Ditto has a Hasty nature and an Everstone so the +Spd nature will pass down because fuck physical defense I guess
>Pay zero attention to IVs, comes out meliocre

I still love my shiny Ninetales but damn. 5 generations of Pokemon and I still didn't understand that Timid is better than Hasty for so many reasons.
>>
File: cobalion.png (27KB, 306x500px) Image search: [Google]
cobalion.png
27KB, 306x500px
>>31407424
Why is it embarassing tho? Cobalion is a good bro
>>
>>31407326
When I first started I made the unfortunate mistake of wanting to play on cartridge and bred my pokemon. I never understood why anyone would want Jolly over Adamant of Timid over Modest so I wasted my time breeding a team that was basically garbage and would have to spent another 20 hours or whatever to fix it.
>>
>>31407424
Cobalion isn't bad at all, though.
>>
>>31408392
Because physical Cobalion is taboo on all formats
>>
>>31408578
>>31408582
>>
>>31408582
Out of curiosity, why?
>>
I used purely offensive mons and a Toxic + Venoshock Crobat for sweeping.

My ace mon was a Strong Jaws Tyrantrum with the elemental fangs.

My entire team had neutral natures and evenly spread EVs, because I thought a jack of all trades was better than something that was minmaxed.
>>
I used lucario and zororak
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.