[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People keep talking about "genwunners", the ones who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: pokemon genwunner.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon genwunner.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
People keep talking about "genwunners", the ones who thing only Pokemon Blue/Red/Green/Yellow are the only "true" games.

But honestly.
Finding a GENUINE genwuner is rarer than finding a shiny female Combee in the wild. After 20 years of Pokemon, are "genwunners" still a thing?
>>
>>31399362
I have a long time friend who genuinely does that and a few other friends as well. Most of them were hardcore Pokemon fans during Gen 1 and 2, but then quit around Gen 3.
>>
Go to Pokemon Go twitter account. Though Sun and Moon converted a lot of them
>>
>>31399412

So, they are no longer fans.
>>
Finding a genuine genwunner is harder than finding someone who hates genwunner.
>>
>>31399462
Well, one of them still plays the Gen 1 and 2 games on occasion and tried to set up a Pokemon Stadium 2 tourney.
>>
>>31399362
I know someone who doesn't think the new pokémon are any good but has never played a new game. He just goes "XD THEY MADE A ICE CREAM AND A GARBAGE BAG" like those retards you see in the YouTube comments section, blisfully ignoring the pile of shit and the "literally my moms pokeball".
>>
>>31399362
it's rare because most "genwunners" haven't played the games since pokemania ended so majority were just normies who played because it was a fad. They could care less about Pokemon now.
>>
File: rage44qe39.gif (4MB, 244x183px) Image search: [Google]
rage44qe39.gif
4MB, 244x183px
>>31399362
Pretty much everyone I know who stopped playing at age 10 is like this.

>Like what the hell? A keychain? Haha wow they're really out of ideas

Of course they all picked up Pokemon GO.
>>
>>31399362
i found a genwunners once that don't even know how many pokemons were in the first gen.
>>
>>31399362
Of course there aren't any genwunners on /vp/, this is a board for actual pokemon fans. The only genwunners I've met were normies when I was in high school.
>>
>>31399362
They exist. They really do exist. They're just a lot more rarer than anti-genwunners.
>>
Most "Genwunners" are just normies who bought the "nostalgia means something is good" meme pushed by 80s callback movies for the past 5 years, and played into by GF's pandering.

Normies whose only contact with Pokemon was as kids, playing Gen 1 or maybe 2 now. They have no actual knowledge of or interest in Pokemon, but they can pretend that their ignorance of any later Pokemon is instead the opinion that earlier Pokemon are better.
>>
File: 3497266-5191720386-47930.jpg (451KB, 1916x1032px) Image search: [Google]
3497266-5191720386-47930.jpg
451KB, 1916x1032px
>>31399756
Hulk Smash genwunner!
>>
>>31400961
Man this movie looked ugly. It looked good for its time, but I can't think of many movies at the time that used a broad-daylight fully-CG character that was so blatantly unreal. Gollum appeared in light frequently, but Weta was on another level. Every other movie knew CG like this wasn't convincing, so they visually obscured CG characters or used mixed practical effects like in Hellboy.
>>
>>31399362
Most Pokemon fans I meet aren't genwunners. But you do see a lot of casual Pokemon or ex-pokemon fans on Facebook or irl who talk about how everything past gen 1 (or sometimes gen 2/3, depending on how old they are) is shit. They usually play Pokemon Go.
>>
One of my coworker is a genwunner, he got back into Pokémon with Pokémon Go but stopped playing. If I just barely bring up a more recent Pokémon he'll basically put his fingers in his ears and say ''LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU" (He won't literally do it but you get the idea).

He makes pretty good Pokémon voice impressions though.
>>
I really hate purists.

Most "Genwunners" in /vp/ are from /v/ masking as trolls. Or they make Vanilluxe/Garbodor threads on /v/
>>
>>31399362
I know a couple dozen Pokemon fans and all of the ones over their mid-twenties are genwunners.

go outside.
>>
File: 1483755444520.jpg (719KB, 1308x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1483755444520.jpg
719KB, 1308x1700px
>>31399362
There's more people complaining about genwunners than actual genwunners.

Everybody knows that gen 2 is the cutoff from "true Pokemon games".
>>
ACTUAL genwunners on /vp/ are hard to find. Most are just causing genwars on purpose.

98% of the people I've met in real life didn't even go to johto or couldn't care less about newer pokemon and all say their favorite pokemon is some gen 1 generic.
>>
Genwunners were more common when every Pokemon fan was old enough to have played the original games.

Now it's not uncommon to have people who started with Gen III or IV to be old enough to post on this board.
>>
Why is that Japan is the only one who doesn't give a fuck about Genwunners until now?
>>
File: 74a.png (425KB, 1276x928px) Image search: [Google]
74a.png
425KB, 1276x928px
>>31403914
>>31403914
>>
>>31399362
The closet I got is people who only know of Gen 1 and maaaybe some of Gen 2.
>>
I dont know how anyone would call themselves a pokemon lover when they only recognize the first 151 for what? 15-20 years of the franchise's life?
>>
>>31399492
fun fact: anti-genwunners hate genwun pandering more than they hate genwunners.
>>
>>31403914
Everything but the original Red and Green belong in the hall of shame.
>>
>>31399362
>Finding a GENUINE genwuner is rarer than finding a shiny female Combee in the wild

But that's not true at all, literally just go outside and ask about pokémon to a person between 20 and 25yo, most of them will say that either just the first or the first two gens are the only ones, sometimes now you'll also find people saying that gen III was the last one.

Either way it's all a matter of leaving your basement.
>>
>>31399362
it's mostly the normies that don't even play pokemon anymore that hold this opinion. They thin keverything past the first 151 are stupidly designed.
>>
>>31399362
Gen 1 was my favourite up until Gen 7. Before Sun/Moon the sheer minor suggestion that the original games were the best in the series seemed to trigger hundreds of fucking people wherever I went. I never even tried to suggest that other gens were "not real" but somehow even liking Red/Blue seems to trigger anti-genwunners

The "gen one only" fags are literally all married with kids or dead (suicide)
>>
Like others have said, "genwunner" is really just /vp/'s effective replacement for "normie" because generally its people who were into the pokemania fad, watched the cartoon and might've played the first game as kids.

Which is exactly why when you bitch about "genwunners" you actually reveal how sad of a person you are. Oh no, some dude looks back on his childhood fondly, I better go on mongolian pictures board to bitch about how he's ruining my hobby or some shit. If they're being obnoxious about it that's just called being an asshole.
>>
>>31399362
>Finding a GENUINE genwuner is rarer than finding a shiny female Combee in the wild.

>Pls niantic don't add anything else, the game is already perfect
>>
>>31404883
And..?
>>
>>31405358
That's not what genwunner means.

Genwunner is the fag that makes threads on how much pokemon designs suck, or that how having a storyline ruins the game forever, or how Unova is the coming of the Antichrist.
>>
File: 1481347374781.gif (400KB, 532x534px) Image search: [Google]
1481347374781.gif
400KB, 532x534px
>>31405379
Like others have pointed out, do you seriously think actual genwunners show up on dedicated boards like this one just to broadcast their opinion or is it just long-time fans trying to stir up shit? It's far more likely for such people to hang around Facebook or Reddit.

I've seen so many people around here basically say that they're triggered because their normie friends talk about how they only like the Gen 1 Pokemon. It's not really a virtue to say you're not good at controlling your autism over other people not being as big of fans as you are.
>>
>>31405347
>x accuracy
>ohko move
>win game
red and blue are shit.
>>
>>31405418
what animation is hau doing?
>>
>>31405427
>you absolutely HAVE to break the game, there is no other way of playing
>>
>>31405436
it's the fire dance pleb
>>
Of course they are rarer to find. Most of them stopped playing videogames, or moved onto mobile games or to Playstation/XBox.

Genwunners are not people who show up on boards/forums/threads dedicated to discuss Pokémon.

Go on Facebook and look into the comments of the last Pokémon-related post of a Gamingwebsite that is NOT Nintendo-only.

There are your genwunners
>>
File: Pokemon Gen1 problems.png (107KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Gen1 problems.png
107KB, 893x1200px
>>31405448
Gen 1 was always broken. Period. It didn't matter how you played it.
>>
>>31405436
Alolan Marowak's attacking animation
>>
>>31405463
Most of these are completely correct

I still really like Gen 1
>>
File: swastiwhirl.png (85KB, 325x269px) Image search: [Google]
swastiwhirl.png
85KB, 325x269px
>>31399362
>the ones who thing only Pokemon Blue/Red/Green/Yellow are the only "true" games

I'm pretty sure they're extinct. Most older fans will at least recognize G/S/C.

>>31399412
Even I waited until after Gen 3 to give up.

>>31399462
That's too many to remember. Unless you were a kid who got into it within the last decade, i.e. Gen 4 or beyond, you're not going to care as much. You've got too much stuff going on in your life to make one video game the center of it all.
>>
>>31399362
If you're looking on /vp/, you're obviously looking in the wrong fucking place.
>>
>>31405463
>Blizzard has 90% accuracy
>hurr durr fucking retarded
>look how edgy I am

It also had 100 base power. Even Earthquake typically had 100% accuracy.

Who cares about all the glitches the first games had? Those of us who started with them enjoyed them for what they were and what they had at the time.
>>
>>31405539
In context complaining about the special stat is kinda dumb too. The game was designed with the special stat as it was in-mind. It's like complaining Megaman 2 doesn't have the slide from Megaman 3. Or I guess for a closer comparison, complaining Gen 3 doesn't have the phys/spec split when movesets and stats were given with that in mind (ex: Leaf Blade on Sceptile).

Yeah the game was unbalanced as fuck anyway, but it's not like splitting special would've changed that. That's without mentioning how unbalanced every iteration of this franchise is.

Anyway that whole image has always been taken as ridiculous nitpicking, as with all the other meme images inspired by it. People only ever post them to bait.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.