[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people inject? It takes away from the w- Oh fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0233.jpg (26KB, 228x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.jpg
26KB, 228x344px
Why do people inject? It takes away from the w-

Oh fuck yes, more, more, MORE.
>>
INSTANT GRATIFICATION BAY-BEE
>>
>>31390894
why do you care?
>>
>>31390894
Injecting shit is so 2004s, better to smoke from the foil.
Also, this is /vp/, shitposting at its finest

Posting something related
>>
>>31390894
>Why do people inject?

to help others!
>>
Because breeding without the right tools is a pain and sending out perfect dittos holding destiny knots is the nice thing to do to help the community.
>>
>>31391249
Why breed if you're just going to ask for a hacked 'mon anyways? Just cut out the middle man.
>>
>>31391478
Because once you cut out a huge chunk of the RNG, breeding is actually pretty fun.

Now if only HAs weren't retarded this gen we'd be about set.
>>
>>31391249
Is the nice thing to do to help the community who are so retarded to not inject and waste their lives.

>>31391785
No it's not because there's still RNG in play.

>>31390894
>It takes away from the w-
I'm curious what this was going to say. Simply because injecting only takes away from wasting your life.
>>
>>31391958
>No it's not because there's still RNG in play.
>All RNG is bad!
Smogon, go back to bed.

If want a collection game where you get to pass down whatever you want from the parents without concern for RNG, go find a Vita and pick up a copy of Persona 4 Golden.
>>
File: 1311555439023.jpg (76KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1311555439023.jpg
76KB, 300x223px
>mfw used to be a Breedfag
>tried injecting
>think back on all the hours I wasted on egg hatching

I should have done it sooner.
>>
>>31391983
All RNG is bad, I don't understand why you're trying to deny it. A game should be about the player's input and their own skill and ability to achieve goals within the game. If you put effort into meeting the requirements the game sets for a specific goal then you should achieve that goal. Why must we wait for the game to give us what we deserve? When we've already met the requirements? It's like if you got an A in your exam, and you needed the result to get into uni, but the examiners were like, actually, you'll officially receive your result in 3 days to 6 months time, by which point it'd be too late to apply for college and have to wait till next year. What's that? You've done all you can to be ready for VGC? Oh, but the game hasn't given you your pokemon yet? There's always next year, right?
>>
>>31392011
You know absolutely nothing about game design. RNG is fine if you don't abuse it. Pokemon abuses it. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>31392366
I'm sure I know more than you. You sound like the kind of person that can't win at anything unless the game gives it to you for free.

>Oh no! I'm losing at this RPG, I'm about to die!
>Enemy dies
>Haha I got a critical hit! I'm the best! Give me everything, world! WEEEEEE! XDDDD
>>
>>31392487
Please explain how saying "RNG is fine if you don't abuse it" is in any way saying "I want the game to give me everything for free!"

No, seriously. I want to know the ass-backwards path you took to arrive at this conclusion.

I'll wait.
>>
>>31392516
Oh I'm sorry, I misread what you typed. So you think Pokemon is badly designed because of how much RNG there is in the game? Either way, RNG is still bad regardless of how much there is in a game. Nothing more irritating than when the game fucks you over suddenly for no reason. Why? Because there's nothing you, the player, can do about it.
>>
>>31392573
Well, you shouldn't base core mechanics on RNG, and player input should definitely have more value than something the player has no control over, but you can have RNG in a game without ruining everything.

Take your previous example, critical hits. Most of the time, they're fairly rare, and give you a bonus to damage, but aren't really going to help you win a bad situation unless it was THAT close of a match-up. Critical hits are only going to give you the win if you'd probably have won anyway, just sooner. Even so, there are usually ways to improve your critical rate, and/or the amount of damage crits deal. It's not uncommon to see martial characters in D&D make high critical builds to improve their odds, for example.

Breeding is an RNG-clogged mess, but the 6 IV Ditto alleviates the majority of that by cutting out a significant portion of the worthless rolling for IVs. It makes it much more manageable (only requiring you to roll 2-4 values as opposed to 8-9). This brings the RNG down to a much more enjoyable level. Is it perfect? Fuck no, Gamefreak, where's my damn Nature changer and my HAs?
>>
>>31392693
nigga you dumb
>>
>>31390894
Now check this 5
>>
>>31392693
If you like to to things the easy way you shouldn't be playing Pokemon. In fact you shouldn't be playing any game. You fucking cheaters are the cancer of every video game.
>>
>>31390894

been injecting since gen 4, you get every pokemon you could ever want. shiny, diffrent sets, everything. but you'll just play on showdown because its faster (also 3v3 is cancer)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.