[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Said to be related to the Ultra Beasts (Dex) >Looks like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 600px-800Necrozma.png (188KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-800Necrozma.png
188KB, 600x600px
>Said to be related to the Ultra Beasts (Dex)
>Looks like an Ultra Beast
>Came from "another world" (Dex)
>Treated like a legendary just like Solgaleo/Lunala, but they are both Ultra Beasts and are able to travel to "another world", AKA: Ultra Space (Dex and game events)
>Beast Balls don't work on it, but they don't work on Solgaleo/Lunala either if you hack them in, and we know that they're still Ultra Beasts (they simply visit the normal world)
>Looker completely guesses when he said it's "probably" just a regular Pokemon

So let's review: it looks like and is directly related to Ultra Beasts, is treated like Solgaleo/Lunala (which are Ultra Beasts), comes from "another world" (Ultra space), and the Looker was completely guessing when he said it wasn't an Ultra Beast (he even said "probably" as if he was just guessing). So why do people still think this isn't an Ultra Beast?
>>
Because it has the same catch rate as normal Pokemon and not Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>31385744
So do Solgaleo and Lunala you dumb shit
>>
>>31385777
Yes and they're not ultra beasts either, what's hard to get?
>>
>>31385744
Catch rate doesn't discredit everything else, though. And Necrozma's catch rate is unique - 0.4%. Plus, even normal Pokemon have varying catch rates.
>>
You forgot the fact that its learnset and stats are all prime numbers and it has the same sound at the end of its cry like the UBs and Cosmog line.
>>
Ultra Beasts ARE Pokemon, you dumbass.
>>
>>31385798
Yes they are. Cosmog is an Ultra Beast. They evolve from it. Hell, they even are said to "live in another world", and the game proved that this "other world" was Ultra Space.
>>
>>31385798
(You)
>>
>>31385798
Yet another person that didn't bother paying attention to the story I see
>>
>>31385813
I know that. But they're a separate category. They refer to Pokemon that come from Ultra Space.
>>
>>31385738
Why did you restate your facts back to back, faggot?
Also it's extremely obvious that thing is what happens when Lusamine breaks a Cosmog all the way.
>>
File: 1483139780896.png (143KB, 481x349px) Image search: [Google]
1483139780896.png
143KB, 481x349px
>>31385798
Holy shit, you cannot possibly be this dense. I was about to write about how fucking stupid you are, but the three other replies you just got are doing it for me.
>>
>>31385854
>Why did you restate your facts back to back, faggot?

Why is it a big deal?

>Also it's extremely obvious that thing is what happens when Lusamine breaks a Cosmog all the way.

H E A D C A N O N
>>
>>31385834
Is Arceus an ultra beast?
>>
>>31385744
>>31385798
>>31385813
>>31385854
I'm starting to think that these are all the same person intentionally acting like a dumbass.
>>
>>31385834
We don't know if Necrozma came from Ultra Space. "Another world" isn't proof of anything considering Deoxys and the Creation Trio also come from other worlds.
>>
>>31385870
Because making a "to recap " and not making your points any more concise is redundancy they weed out in middle school.
And 4 of your points cover why it's related to Solgaleo/Lunala.
>>
>>31385886
>17 replies
>7 posters
you might think right
>>
>>31385877
Well there's the library in the one building where you meet the Professor's wife that has books on all the different dimensions, and it proves that there are actually many different "types" of dimensions. It uses Ultra Space and the dimensions that Dialga/Palkia reside in (I think it mentions Giratina, not sure) as examples. So no, it isn't, since it doesn't come from Ultra Space.
>>
>>31385886
>3 people saying it's not an ultra beasts
>1 person saying it's an ultra beasts like the Cosmog line
What did he mean by this
>>
>>31385901
>Because making a "to recap " and not making your points any more concise is redundancy they weed out in middle school.

But it's not a big fucking deal. This is an imageboard about fictional monsters. Calm down.

"And 4 of your points cover why it's related to Solgaleo/Lunala."

Because it's relevant.
>>
A fanbase struggling to understand canon when the creators probably haven't properly worked it out themselves yet.

This whole thing is unnervingly similar to when we finally defined the word "planet" and Pluto wasn't part of the end result.

Personally I think the implication is that continued time spent in our world instead of ultra space completely changes ultra beasts on a fundamental level till they're basically just pokemon.

Just a guess, obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if this generation finishes out and we never get a definitive answer.
>>
>>31385932
The same four points are also points concerning why Necrozma is related to the Cosmog line. The story even references that Cosmog go through so much pain making wormholes that their body begin to die after a while. Necrozma is what results after you keep fucking with it past its breaking point.
>>
>>31385738
It probably traded places with Solgaleo and Lunala being the original guardian or beast, got lost in Ultra Space for years, gave up trying to get out and you set it free by being a Faller.
>>
>>31385952
It'll just pass on to the next gen. Much like justice snek
>>
>>31385777
They settled in the human world to the point Beast Boost no longer applies to them.
>>
>>31385890
"Another world" has only been used to describe Ultra Space. And on top of that all of the other obvious references to Ultra Beasts? Safe to say it comes from Ultra Space. Basic context clues.

>>31385926
>multiple posts by the same person who doesn't believe me (see above)
>one post so far explicitly agreeing with me
>>31385810
>other posters who are on my side and possibly agree
>>31385777
>>31385829
>>31385857
>>31385914
>>
>>31385914
This. Ultrabeast is a term for pokemon from Ultraspace, not just different "durr"mensions.
>>
>>31386015
>literally Cosmog line is an ultra beast therefore Necrozma is an ultra beast because it's a branch of Cosmog
>disagreeing
>>
>>31385991
Ooo. I like this idea! It reminds me of Fringe and has so many neat little (yet profound) implications.
>>
>>31385973
>The story even references that Cosmog go through so much pain making wormholes that their body begin to die after a while.

Still a hypothesis at this point. Like some ProtoMario-tier shit. It *could* be the explanation, but Nebby doesn't die in the story, so where would it come from? Also, it just said that Cosmog would die - not become something else and keep living. Also doesn't explain why it was underground.
>>
>>31385824
>>31385777
>>31385857
OBJECTION.

If Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma really are Ultrabeasts, then why did they register as actual pokemon through pokeballs? It was stated in story that Beast Balls were needed to capture Ultra Beasts efficiently because normal balls could not identify them as pokemon, yet all the three legendaries can without a hitch. In fact, the odds of catching them with a beast ball is slim to none. So explain.
>>
>>31386015
> "Another World" has only been used to describe Ultra Space.

I am willing to bet money this statement is just false. I'm almost willing to go back through the lore and break out pokedex entries for Unown, Arceus, Giratina, and other likely suspects I'm betting will just blow this cute little claim out of the water entirely.
>>
>>31386052
The last one wasn't about his headcanon, it was about the fact that he was being a dumbass by asking something irrelevant like "lol faggot why'd you say it like that??? xD"
>>
in OP's defense, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma all have prime numbered stats. Granted, none of their stat spreads are as weirdly high/low as most Ultra Beasts.
>>
File: 1479591054617.jpg (43KB, 350x441px) Image search: [Google]
1479591054617.jpg
43KB, 350x441px
>>31386087
Because Solgaleo/Lunala naturally live in the Pokemon world. Necrozma has also been there for ages. Plus the Dex entry supports it.

>>31386090
It's already confirmed that there are more dimensions other than Ultra Space (see here: >>31385914 ). Plus, in Sun and Moon, the only "other world" important to the plot is Ultra Space. On top of that, Solagleo/Lunala are also from "another world", which is Ultra Space. And since Necromza is highly reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts (even says so in the Dex), why the fuck wouldn't it come from Ultra Space?

>What is common sense?
>>
>>31386106
So the entire part about him agreeing with you went completely over your head
>>
>This Pokémon is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours, where common knowledge is distorted and strange.
>>
>>31386177
He was agreeing with the main point, but I still don't believe the whole thing about its relation to Cosmog line. And plus I wasn't even referring to that, I was referring to the poster just being an asshole in general to try and bait me (it worked).
>>
>>31386187
See >>31385914
>>
>>31386156
>the dex entry supports it
it proves nothing, actually. i doubt ultra beasts would register more like pokemon the longer they stayed outside of Ultra Space. Fallers are presumably Ultra Beast magnets for the rest of their lives, so it's clear that living in another world does nothing.

Also, doesn't Solgaleo and Lunala naturally appearing in the pokemon world kind of contradict their status as potential ultra beasts?
>>
>>31385738

Because people are stupid and think Looker's guess = Truth, while they ignore all the other canon material that points to it being an Ultra Beast.

It's like when people see one study that says something like "Drinking plastic-bottled water leads to higher risk of cancer--" And they ignore 100 saying that it's not true, because they tunnel vision that one fact that 'proves they're right'.
>>
>>31386206
>it proves nothing, actually

Holy fuck this denial. Explicitly states it's related to the Ultra Beasts. Heavily implies it came from Ultra Space. "It doesn't mean anything!"

>doesn't Solgaleo and Lunala naturally appearing in the pokemon world kind of contradict their status as potential ultra beasts?

They travel back and forth. It's even said in the Aether Labs that Cosmog is an Ultra Beast.
>>
>>31386208
It's possible that dimensions other than Ultra Space exist since some Legendaries and Pokemon do conjure that or traverse from their world to the human world. Ultra Space is special in that these are Pokemon who do not have conventional DNA patterns or a history of interacting with humans on better terms.

Necrozma could have very well been a Faller from its own world and wound up in the human world by accident for all we know.
>>
File: 1470877951407.jpg (54KB, 357x517px) Image search: [Google]
1470877951407.jpg
54KB, 357x517px
>>31385738
What is it about this thing that brings out the dumbest people? It's blatantly obvious that it's a ub but for whatever reason people cling to "m-muh Looker!!!" and "m-muh game theory!!"
>>
>>31386249
You're actually right about the existence of multiple different types of dimensions. See here: >>31385914
>>
File: 1473732445751.png (144KB, 900x907px) Image search: [Google]
1473732445751.png
144KB, 900x907px
>>31386206
>naturally appearing

What are you referencing????????????????????? Cosmog was taken out of ultra space it has never appeared in the normal world in any other way other than through ultra space
>>
>>31386440
Well, Solgaleo and Lunala can travel to and from Ultra Space. And they can also create Cosmogs while in the Pokemon world as shown in the post-game. So that explains how Team Aether got their hands on it.
>>
>>31386230
> It's even said in the Aether Labs that Cosmog is an Ultra Beast.
No it isn't.
>>
>>31386558
>No it isn't.
Yes, it is. One of the computer terminals in the basement specifically says that it is.
>>
>>31386257
No one has mentioned looker other than OP while he spergs out and loses his shit over this DISCUSSION.

And it is a DISCUSSION because the topic at hand is one more of classifications and semantics than hard-canon directly supported by GameFreak. We're not sure what the exact qualifications are for something to be strictly considered an UltraBeast. Just like we're not sure what the exact qualifications are for something be strictly considered a pokemon.
>>
>>31386572
>One of the computer terminals in the basement specifically says that it is.
That is incorrect.
>>
>>31386585
>Ultra Beasts comes from Ultra Space
>Pokemon live in the Pokemon World
>all evidence points towards Necrozma being a ub

The discussion is why people still doubt that when Gamefreak has literally given all the evidence that points towards it.
>>
>>31386601
Check for yourself. It's there. You even visit the room in the storyline.
>>
Whatever happens I'm sure it's complete forme will look like dissappointing shit with a crappy signature move just likd complete Zygarde and the non-existent complete Kyruem look. Seriously, if Ken has so much creative block why haven't they gotten rid of him for new talent already? Dude is tapped.
>>
I threw a poke ball at lunala and caught it, first attempt
>>
>>31386917
Saw a guy throw a dive ball at Solgaleo and caught it first try
>>
>>31386440
what do you mean what i am referencing? it was me stating the other guy's argument
>>
You guys are so fucking sure Solgaleo and Lunala count as UBs

Seriously the above is an in-depth guide to pussy drying
>>
>>31386652
>Pokemon don't live in ultra space
>Ultrabeasts are still pokemon.
>Some pokemon might be ultra beasts that no longer live in ultra space.
The terms in this conversation require further clarification.

How long must an ultrabeast live in the pokemon world before it is considered a pokemon? Are pokemon or for that matter humans, who are closely related to pokemon anyway, that become fallers and therefor permanently altered slightly by the experience in any way related to ultra beasts? Is it possible pokemon who spend enough time in ultra space capable of becoming ultra beasts?

Obviously there's a matter of transition and grey areas here and we don't have enough information to arbitrarily point at Necrozma and say "pokemon" point at lunala and say "ultra beast" then point at the tepu's and say "dwarf planet".

These aren't properly fleshed out and defined terms.
>>
>>31385738
It learns Moonlight and Morning Sun at level 1
It's definitely related to the Celestial Duo in some way.
>>
>>31387271
It says Cosmog is an Ultra Beast in the Aether Labs.
>>31387305
Ultra beasts are Pokemon from Ultra Space. It's literally that simple.
>>
File: Alola Alchemy.png (3MB, 1800x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Alchemy.png
3MB, 1800x1176px
>>31385738
Not OP but some more meta lore on this thing:

In the Azoth Triangle (pictured), the cube at the bottom is interpreted a chunk of Aether, which is what the night sky was believed to be made of. Early scientists believed that light was conducted through it, which is how light traveled through space. This describes Necrozma to a T.

Also, the message around the circle reads "Visita Interiora Terræ Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem," essentially meaning "Visit the interior of the earth and [by] purifying [yourself] you will find the hidden stone”. Guess who was found underground at Ten Carat Hill, a known site of an underwater volcano?

Also:
>It's jpg's name on the website lists it officially as the third legendary
>It's got a 600 BST, same as Zygarde in Terminus Cave
>In it's cry, it has the same droning sound present in all other Ultra Beasts' cries, including Solgaleo's and Lunala's
>It's based on a prism, and by extension, the refraction of light, tying in to Solgaleo's generation and Lunala's reflection of light
>Prisms are known to split white light into a spectrum of colors
>Pokemon Niji [Rainbow] was registered as a trademark a while back

If Pokemon Stars is going to be a thing, then Necrozma will be the Box Legendary, no question.

Also, ignore the starters. they just seemed shoehorned in there.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.