[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rate the S&M starters based on: Difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg (166KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg
166KB, 1920x1280px
How would you rate the S&M starters based on:

Difficulty of the story
Signature Move/Z-Move
Shiny
Overall use
>>
>>31377734
Rowlet for all categories
>>
>>31377740
ah t.owlfag
>>
>>31377734
>Don't know, have only played the game with Primarina
>Incineroar
>Decidueye
>Primarina
Really good starters this gen. I should really do a second playthrough or nuzlocke with the other two.
>>
File: ea96620493166ff0f6a8b311ef935b93.jpg (943KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
ea96620493166ff0f6a8b311ef935b93.jpg
943KB, 752x1062px
>>31377734

Litten is best for story because of all these bugs you have to fight. Also, signature move is the best.

Poplio seem the best for overall use.

Even though I love rowlet a lot, he's the weakest of the bunch. Grass suck as usual.

As for the shiny, I have no idea.

Regardless of rank, I did my first playthrough with all 3 starters and the event munchlax. That was pretty awesome in itself.
>>
>Difficulty of the story
Objectively Primarina
>Signature Move/Z-Move
Incineroar
>Shiny
Decidueye
>Overall use
Primarina
>>
>>31377734
>Difficulty of the story
Litten
>Signature Move/Z-Move
Rowlet/Popplio
>Shiny
Rowlet
>Overall use
Popplio
>>
>>31377734
I think popplio would be the one offering the easiest difficulty, and rowlet and litten being around the same level

Best Z-Move is Inceniroar's

Best shiny is Decidueye

Strongest overall would probably be Primarina
>>
>>31377734
>Difficulty of the story
Easiest playthrough: popplio
Hardest playthrough: rowlet unless you love overleveling
>Signature Move/Z-Move
Aesthetically: Primarina
Usefulness: Incineroar(face it, spirit shackle isn't as good when the opponent could see it coming and switch out to a different mon before the move is used. Abilities are better for trapping shit)
>Shiny
Decidueye I guess
>Overall use
No best one. They will all be fine in UU(when incineroar gets intimidate and becomes a VGC staple)
>>
Rowlet is objectively the best overall. Started the game with all three and ended up permaboxing both Poplio and Litten upon reaching their final evolutions. Still regularly use Decidueye for soe chaining after completely the dex.
>>
>>31377851
Sos* chaining
>>
Let's all agree on this.

Litten: is good for the main story,
Popplio: has beast z-move,
Popplio and litten: have good capabilitys in vgc,
Rowlet: has best design and concept.
Rowlet: has best shiny.
Rowlet: will be the mvp of alola.
>>
>>31377734
Difficulty of the story: I dunno
Signature Move: Primarina
Z-Move: Primarina
Shiny: Primarina
Overall Use: Primarina

And I don't even like Primarina that much. I just don't like any of them.
>>
>>31377734
Let's look at this objectively.

The easiest to play with in the story is Primarina. Great typing and strong stats.
The hardest is Decidueye. Grass is a terrible typing, and it only really works in competitive as a support mon.

Decidueye easily had the best signature move. As for Z-move, there's no clear answer here. They all are great and followed the themes of their user pretty nicely. I'll pick one that suits my taste, and that is Decidueye. Primarina's one is beautiful too, but it requires you to carry Sparkling Aria, a move that most wouldn't use otherwise.

Incineroar had a terrible shiny. Primarina's one is okay, but it doesn't go along well with her color scheme. Decidueye is the clear winner here.

Primarina. It's the strongest of the three, and will help out a lot more. Decidueye works good as support, and Incineroar is just overall average.
>>
File: image.png (136KB, 483x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136KB, 483x444px
>>31378580
>Let's look at this objectively
>I'll pick one that suits my taste
>>
>>31378609
Z-moves are the same as signature moves. They are just aesthetically different. There is no objective answer to that.
>>
>>31378637
Except the strongest signature move is Darkest Lariat
>>
>>31378662
Strongest, but more types resist it, and the secondary effect isn't as useful compared to Spirit Shackles.
>>
>>31378687
I respectfully disagree with you about it's usefulness anon
>>
>>31377734
Primarina is easiest, only gets taken down with physical moves and water/fairy is a relly good type
Primarina by far, too bad the baseline move is garbage
All their shinies are bad desu
Overall Incineroar will be most used if its HA ever gets released
>>
>>31378687
Dark is resisted by 3 types, while ghost is resisted by 1 and has no effect on anither one. That's not exactly much better. I'd rather have a move that ignores stat changes than one anyone can see coming and switch out to a different mon before decidueye has a chance to trap anything.
>>
>>31378759
>Decidueye
We're comparing moves, anon. Not users.
A move ignoring stat changes is useful, but you won't find a lot of opportunities to use it. Especially since it's a Physical move. Calm Mind is a thing, but Defense raising moves aren't. Whereas Switching is something that happens in every match. Preventing it is much more helpful.
>>
Primarina > Incineroar > Decidueye
Incineroar > Primarina > Decidueye
Incineroar > Decidueye > Primarina
Decidueye = Primarina > Incineroar

My Decidueye got trashed in every fight it was in, it came back in the end game and a False Swipe user before I bothered getting a Smeargle.
As for Z-Moves, the two that show off the Heel and Singer motif are easily better than just shooting arrows that explode.
>>
>>31377734
Rowlet is nice, but decidueye is garbage.

Frail and everything packs dark type moves to 1-shot it with.
>>
>>31377851
>objectively

Stopped reassuring there.
>>
>Primarina is ez mode
>Tie between Incineroar and Primarina
>Decidueye
>Primarina

Overall, decent starters for a first installment, but Primarina and Incineroar lack moves that would fit thematically, such as Calm Mind and Sucker Punch. Competitively they are comparable to gen 4 or 3 starters. It's a shame that Incineroar is pretty shit until it gets Intimidate, or I would've used him in Doubles instead of Arcanine.
>>
>>31377734
Difficulty of the story: Boxed
Signature Move/Z-Move: Boxed
Shiny: Released
Competitive viability: Boxed
Overall use: Boxed
>>
Difficulty of the story: Litten > Rowlet > Popplio
Signature move: Rowlet > Litten > Popplio
Z-Move: Popplio > Litten > Rowlet
Shiny: they're all shit
Overall use: Litten > Rowlet > Popplio
>>
>>31377734
In order
Rowlet > litten > popolio
Incineroar > Decidueye > Primarina
None
Incineroar = Primarina > Decidueye
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.