[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the Switch lacks backwards compatibility, and 3DS' online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_24525-3ds-1292867289.png (315KB, 426x470px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24525-3ds-1292867289.png
315KB, 426x470px
So, the Switch lacks backwards compatibility, and 3DS' online won't last forever. If the Switch is supposed to replace both the Wii and DS lines, then how will we transfer Pokemon from Gens III-VII once the 3DS loses online?
>>
>>31371140
>and 3DS' online won't last forever.
Switch'll go on the same network, so yes, it will.
>>
>>31371140
Start over.
>>
>>31371140
PKHex
>>
>>31371155
>the world ends
>no more online

it wont last forever. checkmate atheists.
>>
in this day and age there's nothing stopping them from just moving their bank data to whatever new service they're using.
>>
>>31371140
good point. buy remakes I guess.
>>
Isn't this literally what the bank is for?
>>
Local wireless maybe? Similar to Gen IV to V
>>
>>31371140
pokemon bank is connected with the nintendo shop. so just download the bank with your nintendo account on switch and there you go retard.
>>
>>31371408
>>31371893
>>31371912

"3DS' online service has been discontinued"

It does not solve that issue, which means eventually the old games get cut off

>>31371155
Didn't they announce the 3DS online service would last for the rest of the 3DS life, which is clearly only going to be another year or two with all the ramping down of 3DS production?
>>
>>31371912
than tell me how to bring gen 1/2/3/4/5 mons to gen 6/7/switch (or whatever) without the 3DS able to go online after 3DS servers got shut down.
>>
>>31372019
backwards compatible
>>
>>31372080
Switch isn't backwards compatible

It has no way to play 3DS cartridges or Wii U discs
>>
>>31372139
backwards compatible trough the e-shop
>>
>>31372153
Which the 3DS cannot access when it eventually has access to Nintendo's servers cut off
>>
>>31372194
yeah but the switch can. make switch wirless compatible with the Ds and tada you can trade from every gen again.
>>
>>31371140
Is backwards compatibility removal just a cheap way for companies to make more money?
>>
>>31371301
oh yes, this thread again
>>
>>31371140
The original Wii still has access to the Wii shop, so they'll probably just release an app to transfer over to the Switch.
>>
>>31374410
This. Even the Wii to this day has access to the Wii shop, so they could just spit a new app and voilá, problem solved.

Or milk people with more remakes.
>>
>>31371893
Bank is an excuse to milk the players
>>
>>31371140
Feel my pain, motherfucker.

t. old man who had to leave his schoolyard battling bros behind in GSC

it still hurts
>>
>>31374519
Ebin xD
>>
>>31371140
There hasn't been any Pokemon game for the switch yet.
>>
>>31374377
Kind of. It does cost more to have backwards compatibility than to not have it, and having both PS1 and PS2 compatibility was why the PS3 had a launch price of five-hundred and ninety-nine US dollars. Removing backwards compability does make the console cheaper than it would have been. They probably chose to remove it to make money though.
>>
>>31374918
He's not wrong. There's no reason to force players to buy Bank to transfer Pokémon other than to milk their wallets, and the Gen VII Bank also locks away the National Dex to people who pay for it for no reason but moneymaking.
>>
>>31371140
They will find a way. Mabye make pokemon transfer compatible with gen 7. It worked with gen 5
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.