[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is competitive pokemon ...fun? I mean, isn't competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 6

File: b101_logo.png (23KB, 442x342px) Image search: [Google]
b101_logo.png
23KB, 442x342px
Is competitive pokemon ...fun? I mean, isn't competitive pokemon basically just an advanced version of rock paper scissors? You pick whatever's super effective against the opponent and then you win?
>>
File: 1483125540160.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483125540160.gif
33KB, 598x450px
>>31369428

If you want to generalize it as much as you possibly could, yes, Pokemon battling is a more complex form of rock-paper-scissors.

Consider the X > Y > Z > X paradigm though, it is in itself a form of balance. It's how you make a game competitive. Each advantage needs a disadvantage.

Chess is just a more complex rock-paper-scissors. RTS games are just a more complex rock-paper-scissors. Fighting games are just a more complex rock-paper-scissors. MOBAs are just a more complex rock-paper-scissors. Fighting in real life is just a more complex rock-paper-scissors.

You could boil down the majority of more-than-one-approach PvP competitive activities into the same generalization if you wanted to.

Obviously, all of the above examples including Pokemon are a lot more complicated than just RPS, otherwise none of the above genres would have a dedicated competitive player base. And they sure as fuck do.
>>
>>31369428
Watch showderp play showdown. Then revisit your question.
>>
>>31369428
It can be if you don't get your ass kicked all the time
>>
>>31369428
I wouldn't call Smogon competitive. It's full of stall. Battle Spot singles is where it's at. Or VGC, which is the canon meta. Anything but Smogon's cancerous metas though.
>>
>>31369428
>Is competitive pokemon ...fun?
Very fun. Much more fun than the single player portion of the game.
>>
If you take competitive pokemon seriously you're retarded so yes, it is fun, because you're either having fun playing it or you're retarded
>>
>>31371023

>I wouldn't call X activity competitive though, it's full of Y strategy that I don't like and can't play around.

This is what you are saying. Change your team, change your moves, change your EVs/IVs, stop being a fucking whiny bitch and learn to play.

A strategy you don't like =/= non-competitive.
>>
>>31371023
>canon meta
Canon != good
>>
>>31371047
When stall is encouraged.. yeah no. When all offensive mons are banned in OU... then no. When offensive strategies are banned... yeah no.

If I find anything good that's offensive.... Smogon will just nuke the strategy. Look at Baotn Pass. BANNED. Because Smogon hates offense. Stallgautists go away!
>>
>>31371059
While you're at that...

Unofficial != good

either. : )
>>
>>31371023
3v3 just isn't very satisfying to me. I feel like most fights are over as soon as the picks are made
>>
>>31371071
They aren't though. Tapu Lele, A-Ninja, P-Ninja, Tapu Koko, and Zard X are still top in usage rates. What you're complaining is basically "Why pokemon isn't like Yugioh" where you just OTK within 5 turns.
There's viable offensive strategies, just like there's viable defensive and viable anti-meta strategies.
>>
>>31371118
That's part of the strategy. Predicting what Pokemon your opponent is going to use. Plus, it's more like Yugioh where you have a "main deck" and a "side deck". It's more fun than knowing everything your opponent has and some long ass stall battle. 6 v 6 encourages stall meta.
>>
>>31371119
blah blah blah. Those aren't OU. Those are Ubermons. Smogon doesn't have their shit together.
>>
>>31371023
This. You have no chance to win if you don't use stall.

Here's the top ranking player in OU, stall player ofcourse. hkjhk
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-516094986

And here's the one with the top GXE, stall player again ofcourse. ladder villain yes
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-515500101

This comes from smogon banning all the best offensive mons, and refusing to ban even a single stall mon. Even when it's obvious the playerbase wants them to. Like how they put up Sableye for ban suspection only 1 day before the end of Gen 6. Obviously if they put him again for Gen 7, it would be banned again because the same thing is happening again with stall being unbeatable. But they won't him up because they want stall to dominate.

Anyway there's nothing competitive about the game if only stall has a chance to win.
>>
>>31371071
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-12/metagame/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-0.txt
>stall teams make up only 3% of all teams
Can we end this meme?
>>
>>31371130
In a game of what is essentially rock paper scissors I think it's significantly more interesting to have more options in a fight. What you call "encouraging stall" I would call "creating more ways to use more pokemon". Stall isn't even a bad thing, it's just a different strategy
>>
>>31371178
Thats because no one wants to play stall because it takes no skill to play and it's incredibly boring usually taking hundreds of turns. But those few that can stomach playing stall, are guaranteed to win.
>>
>>31371178
And those 3% are on top of the ladder. : )
>>
It's fun when you aren't being a sheep and playing by Smogon's "rules'
>>
>>31371214
Except the 3v3 gives you more combinations and options you retard.
>>
>>31371159
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-516094986
>Uses Alola Akbar and Decidueye
>It's the stall player's fault that he won
>>
>>31371023
>Battle Spot singles is where it's at.
Enjoy losing at the team preview.
>>
>>31371228
You're on /vp/. They're known as mareep here.
>>
>>31371239
I only showed that replay to show he's a stall player. I didn't even watch the battle, the battle isn't important whats important is that stall is dominating.
>>
It's fun but really frustrating when you lose because of a stallfag
>>
>>31371250
>Smogon is where it's at

Enjoy losing at the end of this century.
>>
>>31371276
Stop being a scrub and l2p
>>
>>31371309
Stallfags only stall because they don't know how to play
>>
>>31371309
Only way to stop being a scrub is to pick a stall team. But thats boring so no.
>>
Fuck the smogonfags, use your bros!
>>
>>31371363
It's not that either. I don't care about using my bros... I know my bros are shit. But. What I do care about is the Stall Meta that smogon has created. Stallgautists should go off themselves.
>>
>>31371329
>giving excuses for your losses
Yep, a scrub.
>>
>>31371384
You sound like those scrubs that complains about zoning.

Git gud.
>>
>>31371448
Oh yeah. Using a whole team of stall takes soooooooooooo much skill.
>>
>>31371430
That's not an excuse for my playing. It's a fact about yours.
>>
>>31371448
There is no "gitting gud" against stall. Because stall dominates both the the OU ladder, as well as the Pre Bank ladder. So I guess literally everyone needs to "git gud". Because no one's beating stall.
>>
>>31371218
>no skill to play?
you're baiting, right? Balance is BY FAR the easiest playstyle. I'm not even a stallfag and even I can recognize that it takes skill. Just because you don't like how they constantly whoop your ass doesn't mean that they're bad. If anything it tells a lot about you if you can't predict and afford to run a wallbreaker
>>
Remember when Smogon rigged the polls? : )
>>
>>31371499
Wallbreakers don't do anything retard stall beats everyone.

Here's the top on the ladder as well as top GXE player on post bank. Ofcourse a stall player.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-516286677

No stall is the most mindnumbingly easy build to play.
>>
>>31371537
>Wallbreakers don't do anything
Are we playing the same game?
Also no, it isn't. If it is then prove it and get to the top 10 on the ladder with it. And don't come up with some bullshit excuses like "I don't have time". You can take as much time as you want, I'll wait
>>
>>31371585
Why do that when he can just play stall to get to the top. : )
>>
>>31371585
I will never use stall, it takes zero skill and games take 100s of turns to play through. Stall is the reason I stopped playing showdown because I knew I could never get to the top without it. So I will never use it. And we must not be playing the same game if you think some retard strategy is going to beat stall. This is why I posted all the top players, stall players ofcourse, to show you that your retard strategies are not going to beat stall and players much better than you will never reach the top unless they are using stall. As you can see the top is filled with stall players. Now on the other hand since you think you've thought up the magic strategy to beat stall, why don't you go and try pushing stall off the number 1 place in the ladders with your retard strategy.
>>
>>31371486
>>31371466
Then why aren't you winning matches with a stall team instead of whining here?

Oh yeah, because you're sub 1300 scrubs.
>>
>>31371670
I will never play with stall retard and when I was playing (I have long since stopped because of stall), I was in the 1700s.
>>
>>31371670
Because stall is boring to use. I'd become part of the problem.
>>
>>31371537
ALOMOMOLA JUST SCALDED ME
OH I KNOW, I'LL SWORDS DANCE AND THEN SWITCH OUT
>>
>>31371634
Wallbreaker isn't a strategy. Also nice excuses, you just suck at the game and you try to find something to blame. If your team can't deal with something you adapt to it. Like seriously when did you start playing competitive? A week ago? Git gud you fucking scrublord
>>
>>31371684
>>31371683
So you're just scrubs complaining about people not playing the way you want them to.

Let me win, waaah stop stalling :(
>>
>>31369428
Do antistallfags really want every game to be decided in 10 turns, or can they literally not think beyond "stat up my sweeper and click a super effective move"?
>>
>>31371716
I'm not allowed to play how I want because Smogon banned every offensive strategy. : )

It's more like. Stop holding back offense and quick supporting stall, smogon!
>>
>>31371712
I been playing since Gen 5. Whatever retard, I don't care if you call me a scrub because I can look at the ladder and see that everyone else also can't beat stall, so therefore you're calling all non-stall players scrubs. And I'd rather be a scrub than a stall player.
>>
>>31371723
Do stallfags really want every game to be decided in 1000 turns or can they literally not think beyond "stall until i win or opponent rage quits"?
>>
>>31371716
No I'm complaining about Smogon rules. They know their playerbase is sick of stall, thats why they banned Mega Sableye last gen. But even though the same thing is happening as last gen, stall dominating, smogon refuses to put Mega Sableye up for ban because they know the playerbase will ban it again. They refuse to ban a single stall mon while banning the top offensive mons. Therefore stall dominates.
>>
>>31371731
>every offensive strategy banned
>ash-greninja still legal
>lele still legal
>stealth rocks
>>
>>31371733
Any proof of your statement? And no, a good stall player winning the game isn't a proof. Also judging by your writing patterns and buzzwords you probably weren't even born when gen 5 came out
>>
>>31371785
Stealth Rock is also a stall move you retard.
>>
>>31371787
Are you stupid? Those weren't just replays of stall players winning, those were replays of the top players on the ladders. Do I really need to post a screenshot of the ladder? I posted the replays to show you that those number one players on the ladder, are in fact stall players, as you can see by their teams in the replays.
>>
>>31369428
>Is competitive pokemon ...fun?
Yea, it is.
>>
>>31371811
Okay now how does that prove that stall is easy to use? From your replays I can see that they're predicting and doing sensible choices. Good players are high on the ladder, what a fucking suprise

>>31371795
Too bad almost every offensive and balance team uses it
>>
>>31371795
Hazards punish stall.
Banning rocks would benefit stall a shitton you dillhole.
>>
>>31371908
They weren't to show that stall is easy to use, they were to show that stall is unbeatable and topping the ladder as always. But anyone with a brain can see stall is mindless. If such a mindless playstyle is a challenge for you ok I don't care. The main point is you can't win without stall.
>>
>>31371747
And yet they can figure out how to play against other team types while you keep losing to the same players that supposedly have no skill.
>>
>>31371795
Stealth rock is used by all types of teams. Hyper offense needs them to secure KOs they wouldn't have otherwise.
>>
>>31371983
>you keep losing

You mean everyone keeps losing, because stall is unbeatable.
>>
go away smugbonnie
>>
>>31371952
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fire-spam-trap-city-1716-elo-15th-on-ladder.3592682/
Hey look it's a balance team 15th on the ladder

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tr-squad-peak-2-1869-elo-87-1-gxe.3590794/
Hey look it's offensive team second on the ladder

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tapu-lele-isnt-the-only-one-who-can-use-spoons-mega-alakazam-team.3592554/
Hey look that's an offensive team that won the tournament

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/redemption-update-peaked-1817-elo-81-1-gxe-6.3591586/
Hey look that's an offensive team 6th on the ladder

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/golisopod-wants-your-love-peaked-31.3592532/
Hey look that's an offensive team 31st on the ladder

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/enter-decidueye-peak-1-83-9-gxe.3588943/
Hey look that's an offensive team 1ST ON THE FUCKING LADDER
>>
>>31372120
/thread
>>
File: 1482241409798.png (260KB, 510x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482241409798.png
260KB, 510x281px
>>31372092
EVERY TIME.
>>
>>31371218
Says the idiot that forgot Lele exists and doesn't run wallbreaker.

You are probably one of those idiots that want to put rocks on turn one and just revenge kill everything, Jesus talk about self entitled.
>>
>>31372120
Except the meta hadn't settled yet. People were still getting used to the new toys. Nothing matters except who's on the ladder TODAY.
>>
>>31372092
For scrubs like you maybe

Meanwhile, the rest of us are doing perfectly fine >>31372120
>>
>>31372166
>implying the meta has settled now
>>
>>31372120
I don't care about anywhere but number 1. And that number 1 you showed was some old that has a terrible GXE, the most important score that allows you to vote on bans, while the ladder fluctuates wildly unlike GXE. With his 83% win rate, the stall player on the top of the ladder now has a 90% win rate, and the stall player right beneath him with the highest GXE has a 91% win rate. Are you retarded.
>>
>>31372172
Did you reply to the wrong post?
>>
>>31372187
Well no. But at the rate it's going... stall is the only thing left standing. Lele and Pheremosa are next on Smogon's chopping block.
>>
>>31372163
None of that matters retard. I'm sure someone on the ladder has tried your retard strategy, but the fact of the matter is, stall is still untouchably number 1. So I guess your retard strategy didn't work.
>>
>>31372189
And why would you care exclusively about nubmer one? The first 10 places are pretty much interchangable
>>
>>31372172
>Losing to stall
>Perfectly fine
>>
>>31372205
>Pheromosa
kek. No. It's currently A rank and it would only get worse without Lele and Psychic Terrain support
>>
File: Mega_Sableye.png (138KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Sableye.png
138KB, 400x480px
>>31371159
Is stall the reason my bro got banned in gen 6? What are the chances they ban him again?
>>
>>31372205
>Pheremosa
You can't be serious
>>
>>31372259
He got banned when it didn't matter anymore. Smogon knew exactly what they were doing.
>>
>>31372218
>I'm fine with being number 2 because stall is unbeatable

Sorry I'm not fine with that. I look at number 1 because that shows you the absolute best and most effective strategies. By showing some non-number 1s are non-stall, you're only showing that the best non-stall players can't beat the beat stall players, even though maybe they can beat some lesser skilled stall players, they still have no chance to make it to the top.
>>
>>31372211
This guy forgets about z Manaphy, sweet Jesus, are you an idiot or what?

Stall is actually ridiculously easy to dismantle in this generation, z fly/rock Landorus destroys all stall variants that don't run Weavile or Alomomola, it takes little prediction to put a defensive core in the ropes in this generation.

Seriously, offensive players are a bunch of retards, they complain if they can't have rocks on turn 1,they complain if their opponent doesn't double switch as much as they do(even if the other player had no reason to double), they also complain if the other player isn't sacking Pokémon like they do.

Dude, you are just stupid.
>>
>>31372259
Yeah, but its ban was to actually nerf stall. Also it won't get banned right now because losing 1st turn Prankster was a pretty big nerf
>>
>>31372277
It does matter when half of Smogon's largest tournaments will have to play ORAS OU later this year.
>>
>>31372286
>Stall is actually ridiculously easy to dismantle

Stopped reading there. If that's the case then how come the ladder is dominated by stall and all the top players are stall players. Not gonna bother reading your retard strategy for beating stall because I know it's won't work and players much better than me and you have tried and it failed.
>>
>>31372285
Ummm, you know that they aren't fighting directly with each other, right? Also even if they did and the non-stallfag won it still might not be enough point to get to #1. Even if it would be the stallfag could've just played more games and reclaim the title. It's not a fucking anime tournament where the ranking directly corresponds to their power level
>>
>>31372205
Scarf and Specs Lele is walled by Celesteela, A-Muk, Jirachi, Magearna, AV Magnezone and Heatran (no Focus Miss). All of them are very common, so it's very unlikely.

Phero's weird. While it can slaugher hyper offense like whoa, it's utterly pathetic against fat teams, specially stall. Unless move tutors expand it's predictible movepool it won't end up banned even if it was suspected.

>>31372277
YES.

>>31372286
>Stall is actually ridiculously easy to dismantle in this generation, z fly/rock Landorus destroys all stall variants that don't run Weavile or Alomomola, it takes little prediction to put a defensive core in the ropes in this generation.

Not really. People are using protect more often to nerf Z-moves damage, so it's not an absolute counter. Also, scarfed Ditto can easily nuke you if you attemp to break stall with a setup sweeper.
>>
It's only fun to beat oblivious people with overpowered pokemon.
>>
>>31372335
But in the end, the stall player wins more. And also thats why I prefer to look at GXE rather than ladder, that shows who really wins more.
>>
>>31372307
Because affording a wallbreaker requires knowledge of the game, see the non stall successful team, notice a trend in those? They found a way to not lose vs offense when running a dedicated wallbreaker.

Something your lack of skill won't let you see, also tournament play has almost no stall, the variations in team composition vs ladder trends do make stall weak in tournaments outside of the anti meta dark horse semi stall team that barely ever ranks higher than top 10 due to people forget stall can exist in tournaments every 5th blue moon.

You are just antagonizing a playstyle you have no fucking idea how to beat.
>>
Pokemon battles are luck and rng based and the only reason evs and ivs are how they are today is cause autists exploit them to min max
>>
>>31372373
Have you considered the fact that maybe he's just good?

>>31372307
Nice job being ignorant and using the same argument over and over again
>>
>>31372401
It's not that he's good. It's because stall is supported more by Smogon, which makes it good.
>>
>>31372432
So Smogon gives him free points? Right
>>
>>31372379
>see the non stall successful team

There is no successful non stall team. As you can see the ladder is exclusively topped by stall. And no being second place or 10th place is not successful, all it shows is that they can never go over stall.
>>
>>31372465
See
>>31372120
>>
>>31372401
>Have you considered the fact that maybe he's just good?

What a coincidence, only stall players are "good". One hell of a coincidence I'd say. All the "good" players just happening to be stall players. Or maybe it's the fact that stall is unbeatable.
>>
>>31372478
Being 2nd and 15th and whatever else doesn't matter.
>>
>>31372465
Proof of this is the explosive popularity stall had during Gene's suspect test. mostly because you had higher chances to win and vote compared to every other playstyle.
>>
>>31372487
It's a one fucking guy that's good dude

>>31372465
So if tommorow a non stall user tops the ladder there would be no succesful stall teams?
>>
>>31372432
Most of the bans happen because HO can't handle shit, think of mega Luke.

Then as the meta is less of a shithole and centralizing bullshit like aegislash bite the dust the anti stall/balance cancer mons ban happen.
>>
File: 1.jpg (21KB, 496x118px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21KB, 496x118px
>>31372465
Gee wizz, stall isn't first now.

Eat shit cunt.
>>
>>31372513
Ayyyyy
I think we can call it a /thread
>>
>>31372508
It's not one guy, I posted 3 guys,
hjkhj, who tops the Pre Bank OU ladder.
ladder villain yes who tops the Pre Bank OU GXE
and nya testing who top the Post Bank OU ladder and GXE

all stall players.

>So if tommorow a non stall user tops the ladder there would be no succesful stall teams?
Going by GXE and not ladder, that will never happen. If it ever does it will be a very quick one time thing.
>>
>>31372513
See
>>31372189
>has a terrible GXE, the most important score that allows you to vote on bans, while the ladder fluctuates wildly unlike GXE

His GXE sucks and the only reason on the top right now is because he's playing at the moment and just won one. He still loses way more than nya testing.
>>
Do you think stall has a higher win rate on average because it's the strongest team setup or because people are more likely to forfeit against it for whatever reason? Not wanting to play against stall, forfeiting from a position that can still be won but doing so because of how long it takes, and so on.
>>
>>31372646
It's because it's the best.
>>
>>31371159
>122 turns
>157 turns
>It gets so boring one of them leaves

LMAO SMOGON
>>
>>31372664
It's a general question. I'm not trying to make an argument for or against it or any of the ladder players.
>>
>>31369428
I wouldn't know. It sounds decently fun but SR'ing for Nature/IVs, EV training, and breeding are exercises in tedium. (I have every legendary from last year waiting to be picked up from the Pokémon Center still. Also haven't finished AS because Kyogre--I can never find a Sync Ralts with a Modest Nature.)

I'd rather just inject, but I feel like at that point I may as well exclusively play Showdown instead of owning a 3DS.
>>
>>31371071
>all offensive mons
>Weavile
>Landorus-T
>Salamence(notmega)
>Dragonite
>LELE
>KOKO
>BULU

you don't play showdown often huh
>>
>>31372565
>83% gxe with offense is bad
the only playstyles that go above that are balance and stall. stop moving goalposts and accept the fact that he may actually be right
>>
Competitive pokemon is for autistic manchildren they are the meleefags of the pokemon community.
>>
>>31372933
I didn't really mean that it's bad, it's just still inferior to the stall player. So it doesn't matter. Surpassing stall should be completely possible, but it's not because stall is unbeatable.
>>
>>31371159
>>31371071
>>31371023
>>31371276
>>31371486
Then why aren't actual Smogon tournements filled with Stall, why aren't the majority of ladder matches Stall vs Stall, why aren't Stallmons ever suspected or complained about by the actual, majority non-Stall using Smogon playerbase that doesn't suck?
It isn't even the most common strategy in tournaments, where these top ladder "Stall tryhards" actually play seriously. Explain this.
It's literally just bads and VGC players.
>>31371795
Getting Rocks up is key to beating Stall, clown.
>>
This is why I only play VGC. Fuck if im going to waste an hour playing switch pokemon every other fucking turn the game. At least VGC doubles doesnt take a whole damn day and isnt filled with stall cancer. Added bonus: Its the official format no matter how much you fags suck on smogon cock
>>
>>31373000
>>31373004
Kek. He's right it is vgcucks
>>
>>31369428
It's actually very fun and exciting... when youre up against a non stall team. If youre against a stall team, prepare to spend an hour battling some scrub until he toxics you to death with mareanie and walls away any effort with leftovers, leech seed Celesteela
>>
>>31373000
>why aren't the majority of ladder matches Stall vs Stall
See
>>31371218

>why aren't Stallmons ever suspected
Because smogon wants stall to dominate. Or they're just too stupid and can only see something is overpowered when it does a bunch of damage in one attack.

>or complained about by the actual, majority non-Stall using Smogon
It is, thats why Mega Sableye was banned last gen, and it would be banned again if they put it up for suspect.

And I don't look at tournaments but when I was in the OU room, the person wnining the most tourneys was a stall players. Anyway I don't much attention to them because you lose one match and you're out, the ladder shows how much you really win. A tournament you get unlucky in the first match and you're out.
>>
>tox not in ubers yet
>gets recover AND regenerator

Every wall in the game would kill 1000 children to get both. Not to mention it's typing let's it toxic stall near anyone to death.
>>
>>31373066
Sable wouldn't get banned in gen 7, It was only narrowly banned at the literal end of ORAS for tours after failing to banned during it's first suspect, and that's because it made the Stall match-up entirely match-up based with what remained in the tier. It's fine in SM, with all of the Fairy threats that eat its ass for breakfast now. If it was suspected, it wouldn't even break 40% now.
>>31371218
That isn't an answer, these are players playing to win, no one gives a shit about this ideological nonsense. Stall isn't picked because it isn't a dominant strategy against competent players, unlike Bulky Offense. It shits on impatient ladder bads, who can't teambuild or make good double switches, because they are impatient.
t. I don't even play Stall, 1600 in ORAS
>>31373076
Do you really think it's even a concern when it gets vaporized by the most powerful pokemon in OU, Lele? Wait till she gets banned.
>>
>>31371023
>It's full of stall.
True, competition's literal definition is "how fast paced and high octane is the metagame".
>>
>>31373167
Yes Sableye would, because it's exact same circumstances as last gen, stall is dominating the ladder and nothing else has a chance to win, just like last gen, so everyone would ban it. It was banned at the literal end because thats when Smogon decided to suspect it despite everyone begging for it sooner.

>That isn't an answer
Yes it is, I know because that is why I will never play stall. And I was in the 1700s in ORAS and never played stall, i don't know why you're bringing that up anyway. All that matters is who the top players are, the top players being stall players.
>>
>>31373186
To have a competition, the other person has to be able to compete. Nothing can compete with stall.
>>
>>31373186
I define it by DIVERSITY. : )
>>
>>31373276
Smogon is more competitive than VGC if you define it that way.
>>
>>31373227
But they did suspect it earlier. And it wasn't banned that time. Sable isn't as much as a restrictive teambuilding nightmare as it was at the end ORAS, because it has more counters that are really, really fucking good, even when not designed specifically to counter it, counter every set and are easy to fit on. It would not be banned. And like I said, the top ladder players are generally using or have been seen using Stall because it makes bads angry, so they quit or just make shit plays.
>high elo and also doesn't play Stall
So we agree Stall isn't needed to get elo?
>>31373243
Then why doesn't stall actually dominate tournaments, places where skilled players are actually trying to win? Don't say they aren't being used there, because they are, just like balance, offense, rain and friends.
There's a reason stuff like SD LO Bish, Dragonite and Stall are common on the ladder, but uncommon in serious battles among the best. They feed heavily off misplays, which aren't being made that often.
>>31373276
Hope you aren't talking about VGC, lol.
>>
>>31373354
I never said VGC was any better. I mean. I'd say Cuba is better than North Korea any day. Cuba's still a shithole though.
>>
>130 posts later

Well, that makes my opinion pointless.

Singles is shit, it's mostly just switching out, and it ignores the most interesting abilities and support moves.

Once you move to Doubles the whole experience opens up immensely.
>>
>>31373354
I wasn't playing ORAS on Smogon when Mega Sableye was first suspected. There might have been some bigger threats at the time and stall wasn't dominating like it is now, or maybe they allowed Mega Sableye in the suspect battles so stall teams dominated and they voted to not have him banned. But looking at the suspect test, even though he wasn't banned, over 50% voted to ban him even back then. Anyway I don't know the situation back then, but I know the situation now and the situation when he was banned, and they are the same, stall is unbeatable on the ladder and so it would be banned again. Also I don't care about "high" elo thats actually inferior to the stall players elo, and most importantly GXE. I want to see a non stall player be number 1.

I don't know much about touneys but I already said everything about them in a previous post.
>>
>>31371071
Most of the offensive mons that they ban are better against balance than stall though. Genesect gets absolutely throttled by stall, but can beat most things that set up and beat stall.
>>
>>31371145
Wait werent you just complaining that Smogon bans all the offensive Pokemon and now you are complaining that these offensive pokemon are in OU? Wtf is your argument.
>>
Why are Smogon drones allowed here?

They should be perm banned so they can go back to their cult.
>>
>>31372035
If you're bad maybe it's unbeatable
>>
>>31373820
Only if you think everyone is bad, because nobody can beat stall.
>>
I play mainly in NU because my favorite Pokemon is Vileplume

Will there be no NU in Pokemon Showdown for a few months? Is RU Alpha the lowest tier right now?
>>
>>31373782
Well. I want most of OU moved up to Ubers. I want all of UU to move up to OU. I want a fair and balanced meta. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>31373971
The shit in OU is balanced relative to itself. It isn't right now, but the Gen also just started, tiering and the super obvious bans aren't even complete yet.
UU is by usage. They would be OU if people actually used them at an OU level, in OU. They aren't. Just because something is in UU or lower doesn't mean it is unusable in OU.
>>
>>31373971
why not just play uu then?
>>
>>31373971
>>31374082

I dont play OU but play Random gen 7, and it seems to me Pheromosa isnt broken from the times I had to use her or face her.
Last time I tanked a supereffective hit with Cresselia and one shot Pheromosa with Psychock. it is super frail, stealth rocks, spikes and priority moves kill her.
>>
>>31374190
Yeah, everyone overreacted with the whole "Deoxys-Bug" thing. Phero is fine
>>
>>31373833

i'd give it another month until NU pops up, but if the trend continues, NU will just be Gen 6 RU 2.0.

So get ready for an extremely large PU tier.
>>
File: 1481390998192.png (64KB, 198x239px) Image search: [Google]
1481390998192.png
64KB, 198x239px
>>31370920
>tfw this thread should've ended here instead of becoming ANOTHER Smogon vs Anti-Smogon thread

fpbp
>>
>>31374887
That's all these ever turn into. Levels of yomi, people bitching about Stall, Smogon players defending Stall, even though we realistically wouldn't anyplace else on the internet, and VGC players acting like Game Freak is capable of doing something correctly.
>>
>>31371305
Underrated post
>>
>>31371023
>It's full of stall.
Right now it isn't.
>>
>>31375794
If you think OU isn't stall then you must be either a troll or retarded.
>>
>>31372259
> What are the chances they ban him again?
Really low, he got nerfed fairly hard this gen. He still does what he's supposed to do but with way less boons.
>>
>>31375818
In 20 matches at 1600 elo I found maybe 4 stall teams.
>>
>>31375843
Because no one likes using stall. Read the thread nigger.
>>
>>31376049
>OU is stall
>Yet noone uses stall
All I can tell by this thread is that the mentally ill avatarfaggot is seeking attention by shitposting nonsensically again and I feel dirty for posting in his thread.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.