[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm wondering /vp/, since we apparently don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1480273933767.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1480273933767.png
367KB, 568x454px
I'm wondering /vp/, since we apparently don't like the plot of any existent mainline game or fangame, what do you consider a good plot?

If you had the chance of rewriting all the canon or lore of Pokemon from scratch what would you do and not do?
>>
>>31365856
I don't play video games for plot. If the mechanics are good enough, I'll laugh about the shit plot later.
t. Sucker for almost every suda51 game
>>
Explorers of Sky story is good.

>we
>>
>>31365856
>we
>>
>>31365880
This. Plating video games for the plot is like eating soup for the spoon
>>
>>31365880
>>31366094
You're the kind of people who like Call of Duty and only watch action movies with a lot of explosions. Video games are a form of media that can transmit a story just as well if not better than other forms of media.
>>
>>31366134
Name 1 (one) videogame with a good story, made in the past 10 years.
>>
>>31366527
name 1 video game with a good story, ever
>>
>>31366527
>name one
>hurr durr it's shit
Everyone knows what you're trying to do here.
>>
File: Image.jpg (89KB, 816x980px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
89KB, 816x980px
>>31365856
Wtf lol
Everyone here loves Sinnoh!
It has best story, best starters, best music, best pokedex, best champion and e4, best leggendaries, best HM, best speed, best rival, best battle mechanics and best cannon MC Dawn.

Like how can b/w and b2/w2 compete?
I've never played them t b h
>>
>>31366527
This. The only reason I love Shadows of the Damned/Killer 7 was because it knew what it was and made it Tarantino tier campy
>>
>>31365856
A young boy or girl is given a starter and becomes champion of the local Pokemon league without saving the world. If they encounter legendary Pokemon it's incidental, and they don't stumble into and stop a team of themed malfeasants who just happened to decide the time was right to get these legendary Pokemon.
Or if they do it's openly acknowledged as incidental.
>>
>>31365856
>We
For starters (you) fuck waffle, don't group us all in one autistic bunch
Second, the main thing I would change is all legendaries are actual boss fights, uncatchable but can be used if story demands and depending on which games, change their roles somewhat to finally give them that actual feel of being important and not just some kid's newest fucking pet
>>31366527
Xenoblade Chronicles and Bioshock was pretty good, but I bet you'd say they're shit without any decent points explaining why anyways
>>
>>31365856
>se
Fuck off.
>>
>>31365856
Pokémon doesn't need a big plot. Just let we go on an adventure, give us freedom. Kanto and Johto were good on that. We have all these cool pokémon, just make a good region and good characters, which are lacking in most games.

I really don't want another villain team, never liked them except for Skull but that's because themselves are funny. But I don't know how to remove them and keep the campaign long and alive.

If you wanna insert an legendary on the adventure, at least do it like Rayquaza in Emerald. You ask one for help because something happens, he helps and fucks off right after. Then in the post game you can catch him if you want it.
>>
>>31365856
>we

I happened to love S/M's plot
>>
>>31365880
I'll give Xenoblade a pass for story being a reason to play alone.

A great combat system doesn't hurt.
>>
>>31366527
Devil Survivor Overclocked.
>>
>>31366527
You don't even need to go all >muh mature videogames
Okami has a fucking great plot while keeping it lighthearted.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.