[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does the Ashime keep dropping beloved characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: 14.jpg (322KB, 1280x1807px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
322KB, 1280x1807px
Why the fuck does the Ashime keep dropping beloved characters everytime Ash goes to a new region/a new gen starts.

First Misty and Brock, then Dawn, and now Clemont. Fuck this shit. Just end the anime. How can some of you guys even watch it? There is no character development whatsoever for anybody.
>>
File: team-rocket animated.gif (868KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
team-rocket animated.gif
868KB, 480x240px
>>31361930
>How can some of you guys even watch it?

It's an excuse to see animated versions of Pokemon outside of the game versions. Also the only development is Jesse and James who have become vastly different people from the first episodes.
>>
The Ashime is shit. Why has it taken you 20 years to begin noticing?
>>
It's that whole learning to let go and move on metaphor for kids but Ash is still a faggot so
>>
>>31361930
>Why the fuck does the Ashime keep dropping beloved characters everytime Ash goes to a new region/a new gen starts.
Yuki Kaji costs money.
>>
Well I for one am glad Clement is gone.

Also. It's a cartoon show for 8-14 year olds faggot. Ash has been the same age for like 15 years, and no continuity exists between series. This isn't Game of Thrones fags
>>
>>31361963
>tfw they're actually the main characters
>>
>>31361930
Source? Is this part of a series?
>>
>>31362034
Someone is too retarded for science
>>
>>31361930
They stopped trying with character development after Kanto, when they realized they're gonna be here for a while. They started focusing on secondary charactes in DP, such as Paul and Dawn, the ones they knew can be replaced. They realized the main characters need more development, so they dropped Brock and reset Ash really hard in BW. That didn't work. They kept Ash as an experienced Trainer and introduced new cast in XY, with a lot of focus on Alan and a slight romance subplot. Got a shit ton of backlash. Now they're trying a school setting with a retarded Ash, and giving out a lot of girls.

Basically, they have no idea what to do, and are just trying new things out every season. They can't write characters that can keep slowly developing as long as the series goes, so they replace them.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 160x314px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 160x314px
>>31361930
>DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
>Beloved Character
>>
File: 18.jpg (373KB, 1280x1807px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
373KB, 1280x1807px
>>31362047
An "H" series, yes.

https://nhentai.net/g/183134/
>>
>>31361930
because people don't got much else to do besides watch a mediocre at best anime that barely changes
>>31362041
they might as well be, ash no matter what is fucking boring as all hell and just a really shitty DA tier OC-do-not-steal character
>>
>>31362063
>backlash
From where? Normies loved the romance and Alan
>>
>>31362063
They've never gotten back to the character of the day heavy arcs of seasons 1 and 2
>>
>>31361930
No mention of May? Faggot.
>>
>>31362087
>Loved Alan
>He believes this
Literally everyone hates him for beating Ash. He's only a meme here on /vp/. As for Serena, it wasn't as bad, thus we get more girls with shit personality like her in SM.
>>
>>31362087
Not him but people were legit upset about the cockteasing over the league

XY still stands out as being the most hype series, plus the director basically said Serena is destined to become Ash's waifu some day which made a lot of people happy
>>
>>31362106
Correction: people loved the specials and only hated Alan after he beat ash. His character was cool though. I mean if you call Iris, May, or Misty "good" personalities, the bar is set low.
>>
>>31362125
May not a good character? Are you trolling?
>>
>>31362112
If Twitter is anything to go by, you have a point.
>>
>>31362106
>Serena
>shit personality
Pick one and only one

Her goal kinda sucked but she was more emotionally complex and had more personal development than previous girls

It's a matter of taste and in Japan they love Serena
>>
Pokemon anime will always be shit and always has been
The only redeemable quality is Team Rocket
Pretty sure it's been confirmed that the girls with ash are just there for "eye-candy"
The guys are there for easy and repeatable jokes (Brock is obsessed with getting laid, Clemont is obessed with tech and his sister is annoying)
Ash is just there to be a gary stu that will win anything and everything... except for the championship, because that would end the series.
The only reason to watch this is for the fights, that's it, there is nothing else worth caring about above the age of 8
>>
>>31362134
Explain then
>>
>>31362125
Yes, and I just said Alan got a lot of backlash. My point is still the same.

>>31362134
No, she was shit. She had almost zero chemistry with her own group, even her brother, and was just kinda there for Contests.
>>
>>31362143
>only redeemable quality is Team Rocket
Dogasu pls go
>>
>>31362143
>hating Bonnie
The strongest trainer in Kalos with Zygarde. If you want to hate a sibling, hate max
>>
Why the fuck are you fags discussing this shit in this thread? There's a general for this you know
>>
>>31362139
Right, my bad. She doesn't have a shit personality. She doesn't even have a personality.
>>
>>31362150
May's chemistry with Ash was fine in early AG and only died down as it progressed because she got more involved with her rivals. May's character changes and grows throughout her entire run. From being silly/funny, having a temper, being an older sister, going from insecure/weak to more competent and strong willed, and her interactions with her rivals also change.

I understand if you didn't think her chemistry with the main cast was good, but her character and arc itself was very well handled.
>>
>>31362150
No it's not. Your point said they hated Alan and got backlash just because he existed.
>>
>>31362172
Fuck off Scott
>>
>>31362172
Scott pls
>>
>>31362165
The general is dead. Fuck off Fag
>>
>>31362172

oh my i think i may need to get my story ready :^)
>>
>>31362192
He's not wrong you know. Also it's dead precisely because you all somehow ended up here
>>
>>31362165
This sort of discussion is not possible in the general. Post ships, everything else is ignored. That's the current state of the general.
>>
File: James & Giovanni small.jpg (11KB, 313x236px) Image search: [Google]
James & Giovanni small.jpg
11KB, 313x236px
>>31362086
Yeah. Lots of threads crop up about how Jesse and James are better at Pokemon than any of the "good guys." Jesse is better at contests than Serena and May put together.

James is arguably one of the best trainers in the world as long as you ignore his family issues. And then there's the end of XY series where Team Rocket arguably were braver and smarter than Ash as they told the world what was going on.

It's like everything they wish they could pour into Ash and crew ends up in Jesse and James instead.
>>
>>31361930
It's a fucking kid's show.
>>
>>31362253
>kids show
>excuse to be shit
Please give me more shitty excuses
>>
>>31361930
The only worthwhile character from all of XYZ was Bonnie. Misty and Brock were cool at the time but they really became non characters after the first two seasons. They should bring back the edgy characters that actually accomplished something like Tobias. How did he get a freaking Darkrai?

Bring back characters that weren't literal backdrops. Bring back gym leaders and rivals.
>>
"Hey, why don't dey replace da only marketable character in every region?"
"HEY, what's da big idea wit switchin da main character's friends I'm every region?"

Never change, /vp/

into ">/vp/ is the same person"
>>
File: alakazam.jpg (81KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
alakazam.jpg
81KB, 600x543px
Signs you are right: someone is posting crappy spam to try to kill the thread.

Feels good, man.
>>
>>31362291
>changing main character
>getting rid of main characters friends every season
False dichotomy anon. Please try again
>>
>>31362291
If that's their goal, get rid of Ash too. If they're getting rid of all but one character, it's neither here nor there.
>>
>>31362271
Are you fucking retarded? It is meant to appeal kids. They won't stop making the anime just because a turbo autist doesn't like how the protagonist of a kid's show is a fucking drooling retard. And it still manages to be better than most kodomo anime somehow.
>>
>>31362368
>>
>>31362172
May literally has one of the most varied personalities for a main girl in the show. I'll always find it bizarre when people don't notice this.
>>
>>31362368
>appeal to kids
>implying kids are retarded
Why do you hate kids, anon?
>>
This isn't the anime thread, why the fuck are you here?
>>
>>31362547

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…
>>
>tfw can never have a threesome with Clemont and Wally

why live
>>
>>31362490
The anime thread is fucking shit
>>
>>31362665
This place is even worse
>>
File: 1473384725918.png (2MB, 1277x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1473384725918.png
2MB, 1277x1079px
>>31362658
So you can have a threesome with this loli and Sophocles instead. 50% chance is his.
>>
>>31362678
The fat kid? Is that supposed to be a good thing?
>>
>>31362691
There are probably better options, but he's not the one I'm banging and he's not going to get anything otherwise.
>>
>>31362691
>>31362707
Really he's just there to provide a scapegoat in case sge gets pregnant.
>>
>>31361930
>Why the fuck does the Ashime keep dropping beloved characters
>First Misty and Brock
Well those two are great examples of why it's good that they do this. Both overstayed their welcome and were extremely boring characters by the time they finally left. So when a character leaves at the end of their generation it's better for them because they were there as long as they needed to be and left before they got stale.
>>
>>31362665
It us, that post referred to the fartposter. I didn't reply to him direct because I didn't want to give him a you.
>>
Friendly reminder that if the player characters from each game were used for their region instead of Ash, Pokemon would be top 5 anime of all time. It would be more interesting to have new characters starting their journey each time as well as having the different villain teams and some closure when the MC wins the league
>>
>>31362782
Ah I see
>>
>>31362788
Honestly this might be right, Brock got old by gen 3 and any of the other protags would make for better characters than Ash
>>
>>31362788
Ash will live forever

The pokemon anime is a toy commercial first and an anime second
>>
what the fuck happened to this bread
>>
>>31363303
The normal anime threads resident literal shitposter appeared and made nearly 40 posts of flatulence bullshit.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.