[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm from /v/ How BTFO are you guys that Pokemon won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: TheSmuggest.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TheSmuggest.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
I'm from /v/

How BTFO are you guys that Pokemon won't have anything to do with the Switch?

Handhelds FOREVER.
>>
>>31360504
It's actually starfags only (a small amount of retards), not all of the /vp/ community you mong
>>
Not btfo.

I'm happy that Pokemon won't be touching that paid online horseshit yet.
Nintendo died with Iwata.
>>
>>31360504
Not BTFO, I've got collages for either outcome I'll dump.
>>
>>31360504
Just the way I like it.

By the way, Nintendo needs Pokemon exclusively on the handhelds in order to be viable in the handheld market.
>>
File: 1484202753257.jpg (1MB, 1138x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1484202753257.jpg
1MB, 1138x10000px
>>31360504
Everyone sensible here called it.
>>
>>31360504
? I'm confused OP tonight's was only for indirectly already confirmed games. If you actually payed attention you'd know tomorrow morning is the upcoming games not tonight. Of course not a single person believed stars would be on the switch I hope it was just a meme, after all nintendo's marketing doesn't understand how many more systems on launch they would sell with a pokemon game
>>
>>31360504
It IS a handheld, and it has been confirmed three times we will get it. Probably not till at least next year though.
>>
>>31360504
Back to your containment board faggot
>>
>>31360560
Kek, it's only paid for online if you aren't in wifi
>>
File: 1484164863271.png (231KB, 680x449px) Image search: [Google]
1484164863271.png
231KB, 680x449px
>Pokemon Stadium fails
>Pokemon Stadium 2 fails
>Pokemon Colosseum fails
>Pokemon XD/Gale of Darkness fails despite MASSIVE marketing campaign
>Pokemon BR fails

>People thinking Nintendo would be fucking dumb enough to make another inevitable failure and then release it during a period as critical as the launch of a new console
>>
>>31360718
This. You're a dumbass if you thought it'd be a launch title but we are gonna get it.
>>
>>31360504
But I'm happy about that, faggot. Also, being a handheld is the Switch's only redeeming quality.

>>31360718
>it has been confirmed three times we will get it
Come on now.
>>
>>31360666
>>31360790
Why do you people keep treating the Switch as a purely traditional console when it's very clearly meant to take over the handhelds as well with the tablet? The 3DS is old as shit and showing its age and I've never seen even a squeak about a full-on successor distinct from the Switch under development.

You're even more deluded than the stars cucks.
>>
>>31360504
Good. I like it on the handheld systems.
>>
>>31360979
3ds is still running tho. I give it a year or two. And no, switch is a console but with an innovation of being portable. The ds family is literally based on dual screens with touch pads, obviously which the switch doesnt have. How are you going to play pokemon on the bus with one large screen? Its not the fucking gameboy era
>>
>>31360504

Fine by me. I'd prefer Pokémon to stay on handheld systems. I hope this suggests that Nintendo will still be making a separate handheld hardware line.
>>
File: 1470071392074.jpg (78KB, 391x515px) Image search: [Google]
1470071392074.jpg
78KB, 391x515px
>>31360979
>2 hour battery life LMAO
>tiny controllers ready to fall out while playing at a moments notice
>bulky and heavy
>controllers will need to be charged as well

No, not a handheld. A portable console more like.

>but muh 3DS graphics

Good, I like having >2 hours battery life.
>>
>>31361086
If they do make a new handheld, its probably going to take a couple of years to come out, with the switch being recent and everything
>>
>>31360504
I'm glad Starsfags got BTFO
>>
>>31361063
>3ds is still running tho
So? You don't just cut everything off before the successor even hits the shelves, let alone before it's actually established to the point that it's a justifiable upgrade. It's 6 years old.
>The ds family is literally based on dual screens with touch pads, obviously which the switch doesnt have.
How is that even a valid point? That's just one of many ways to make a handheld device. It's not set in stone.
> How are you going to play pokemon on the bus with one large screen?
I don't know, the same way people people put up with the GameBoy/GBA families for a decade?
The same way people put up with SM now that just sticks Rotomdex in there as filler? You don't think you'll actually /need/ a second screen when we finally have a primary display that can outdo a decade-old PDA, do you?

>>31361102
It's a tiny six-inch tablet about the size of an XL or a typical smartphone anymore, it's a retarded decision but it's hardly unusable.

>muh I'll attach muh in front of a common counterpoint, that'll invalidate it!
I'll trade an hour of battery life for a playable game all day long, you can have your 4 FPS doubles, pixel salad and gameplay gimping due to technical limitations, but at least you can torture yourself a little longer, right? The 3DS is an inexcusably anemic piece of shit even at its price point.
>>
X and Y were launched in late 2013.

are you really expecting them to redo every single pokemon 3D model, animations and textures inside a single generation and just straight up jump from a low spec handheld to a (compared to the 3ds) high spec home console?
>>
>>31361412
Not a starsfag, but they don't need to, the 3D models are high poly already, they planned for the future. You really think GF of all companies wouldn't want to reuse all those spiffy new assets?
>>
>>31361412
The 3DS can't candle the models they have right now. They did that on purpose because they know the 3DS is a piece of shit and we'd buy it anyways.

The models are actually pretty high poly for what they have to accomplish. Pokemon is bubbly and colorful, it doesn't need as many polygons as unlimited warfare or fife 2020
>>
>>31360504
What's the opposite of BTFO? Because I'm that. I'm stoked that my Pokemon will stay handheld. If I couldn't play Pokemon on the go, there'd be no point.
>>
>>31360504
>From /v/
>Defending a console

Are you sure you're from /v/?
>>
>>31361749
Me
>>
>>31360504
>I'm from /v/

Stopped reading here
>>
>>31360894
They said pokemon was coming to nx in September, In November, and a December interview
>>
>>31361870
Who's "they"?
Also, "pokémon" is pretty vague. Why assume it's a mainline title?
>>
>>31360560
Iwata was helping run it into the ground
Revisionism is a funny thing, please understand
>>
i missed the presentation.

what happened?
>>
>>31360790
>Pokemon Stadium fails
>Pokemon Stadium 2 fails
>Pokemon Colosseum fails
Not that it has any bearing on the chances of a Pokemon launch release but these are just false. Colosseum's apparently even top ten in overall sales for Gamecube which surprised me.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.