[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>OU is being dominated by Pseudos, legendaries, UBs, and mega

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: MC ride.gif (2MB, 393x561px) Image search: [Google]
MC ride.gif
2MB, 393x561px
>OU is being dominated by Pseudos, legendaries, UBs, and mega evolutions
So why is OU Ubers-lite?
Has OU ever been good?
>>
>>31353247
So what you're saying is that the second most powerful pokemon go in the second highest tier? Really makes you think
>>
>>31353247
No
>>
>>31353275
>second most powerful pokemon
>legendaries, UBs, and megas
>second place
Pseudos sure, fair point, but none of that other shit has a place in what is effectively "A tier through B tier"
>>
>>31353338
>Pseudos sure, fair point, but none of that other shit has a place in what is effectively "A tier through B tier"
if they were top tier, they'd be in uber, wouldn't they?
>>
Gen 4 post mence was best OU

You only notice legendaries because GF started giving them actual abilities instead of Pressure
>>
>>31353367
Well that analogy was made with an S-tier in mind but I can see why that wouldn't be easily inferred
Anyway, it just shows how bad the power creep has been since gen 6 if OU went from "reasonably good shit" to "busted shit"
>>
>>31353247
>So why is OU Ubers-lite?
Power creep.
>Has OU ever been good?
Yes, gen 4 post chomp.

If you're point is to make a new tier between OU and Ubers then I agree.
>>
>>31353247
5th gen OU was great. Weather wars were fun and encouraged deck diversity due to all of the Pokemon that loved permanent weather. You had shitty genies, sure, but it was still much better than the mega cancer and bravest birdspam of gen 6 and the trainwreck that 7 is turning out to be. Gen 4 OU was fun too. The meta game definitely peaked in gen 3 though, even with physical and special still being all fucked up. It feels so long ago now. I miss skarmbliss, tyraniboah, and crocune.
>>
>>31353338
>psuedos don't count but legendaries do even though pseudos have higher BST than the legendaries!

Nice meme.
>>
>>31353450
There is no need for a power creep. It is pretty possible to keep all Pokemon at a level, where they all can be used and are usefull. Yes, there are going to be mons that will be better and those that will be worse, but the differences wouldnt be too big.
>>
>>31353504
Anon he's not advocating for power creep, he's saying there is one
>>
>>31353450
>If you're point is to make a new tier between OU and Ubers then I agree
That's retarded. If a new tier is made this gen it would be FU, below PU.
>>
>>31353450
>If you're point is to make a new tier between OU and Ubers then I agree.
I've never understood what exactly this is supposed to be. Is it just OU with backlist Ubers like Reshiram?
>>
File: ORAS OU mons in SM UU.jpg (50KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS OU mons in SM UU.jpg
50KB, 640x432px
>>31353247
This pic is SM meta in a nutshell: almost every Pokémon moved one tier down from the tier they were on XY/ORAS meta (Greninja is OU, Serperior is UU, Heliolisk is RU, etc.)
>>
>>31353587
wait serperior is uu?
>>
File: 1483451183356.png (214KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483451183356.png
214KB, 448x450px
>this shitstorm of shitposting about the garbage that is le meta of uber-uber fug, healthy genies, and tapu shitter spam

You have only yourselves to blame for not playing NU where all is always chill.
>>
>>31353539
>>31353556
The reason I say this is because there has been this humongous power creep. Why do we have practically all of OU being pushed down to UU that just causes a domino effect through the rest of the tiers when a new one can be made to save us the trouble.
>>
File: SM UU 2016.png (856KB, 1290x815px) Image search: [Google]
SM UU 2016.png
856KB, 1290x815px
>>31353612
I hope this helps you. It is from late December usage, so Dragonite and Mega Charizard Y are in this pic.
>>
>>31353763
>KYUREM FUCKING BLACK
>UU
WHY IS ICE SO SHIT
HOLY FUCK GAME FREAK FIX YOUR SHIT
>>
ORAS OU was pretty fun
>>
>>31353763
This is out of date as fuck. Kyu-b is banned, so is d-nite, weavile, and salamence.
>>
>>31353851
And muk and jirachi. And all the Alola pokemon dropped to RU
>>
>>31353807
Kyurems problem isnt its typing, it has no moves
>>
>>31353851
Which part of "It is from late December usage" didn't you read? I don't have an updated pic of SM UU.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.