[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want about Mega Evolution, but it was much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

Say what you want about Mega Evolution, but it was much cooler than Z Moves
>>
>>31349208
>Say what you want about Mega Evolution
They were great. Only contrarian faggots dislike them.
>>
I don't have a problem with Megas, just with Charizard having two, Gen II, IV, and V having none, and Pokemon that aren't three stage evolutions getting them, making it so they have no chance of getting a real evo and giving that a mega.
>>
>>31349230
>gen II having none

>Ampharos
>Scizor
>Heracross
>Tyranitar

wat
>>
>>31349230
>Charizard having two, Gen II, IV, and V having none, and Pokemon that aren't three stage evolutions getting them, making it so they have no chance of getting a real evo and giving that a mega
Not only am I completely okay with that, I actually liked a few of those things.

>>31349257
He meant the starters.
>>
>>31349217
/Thread
>>
I'm fine with megas, but it was a mistake to hand them out to pseudos and legendaries.
>>
Mega Evolutions were broken sometimes and useless sometimes, but who gives a fuck? Each one was unique and fun to play around with if nothing else. Not like this game has ever been balanced.

Z-Moves could've been interesting if they weren't almost all generic damage nukes and more than 3 or 4 of the status ones did anything interesting.
>>
The first batch of Megas was basically just fan service. Already powerful Pokemon getting +100 BST? What could go wrong?
At least ORAS gave some weaker Pokemon Megas. But also Mega Fug
>>
>>31349230
I think Gen V only has Audino.
>>
I really don't get the complains about Pseudos and Legends getting Megas. What's the problem? Mega Evolution is a simple and great concept, and every just seems to wish only shitmons were allowed to make use of it.
>>
>>31349392
I have 0 problems with Legends getting Megas and such personally. They're there to please the kids with intentional gamebreakers, I don't see the big deal.

Some of you seem to forget who the target audience is.
>>
I don't really like the way megas are right now, if they aren't going to make any new ones then they should have overhauled the balance of the current ones. It's good that they nerfed Kangaskhan and indirectly nerfed Gengar/Mence/Gardevoir, but they didn't buff any of the shit ones
>>
>>31349392
>I really don't get the complains about Pseudos and Legends getting Megas
Why is fucking Garchomp of all things more deserving for a mega than Flygon? Who would even defend this shit?
>>
>>31349430
Garchomp is light ages ahead of Flygon in popularity, it's obvious they would give it a Mega instead. It's not that hard to understand that GF weren't really thinking about game balance in that decision.
>>
>>31349419
I think I'm more annoyed that they left out like half the Megas out of SM. I really hope they don't do that again, they don't leave out alternate formes for any of the legends so there's no reason to be doing it with Megas.
>>
>>31349430
Because more people give shits about Garchomp than Flygon? I'm not saying they should ignore shitmons and only focus on the popular ones, but ignoring popular ones is just as bad.
>>
>>31349430
They actually had a few visual designs for mega Flygon, but none of them really panned out.
>>
>>31349230
>Gen 2
Ampharos
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Heracross
Steelix
Scizor

>Gen 4
Lopunny
Lucario
Garchomp
Gallade
Abomasnow

>Gen 5
Audino
>>
>>31349448
They'll be available eventually though, maybe distributed gradually throughout the year to keep people playing
>>
>>31349208
Yeah, it's cool to have pokemon get a more hardcore design, but at the same time is pretty annoying because only some gets to have megas and such you feel the NEED to have one on your team.

also this >>31349294
Also why give so many to popular pokemon that are gonna be used regarless of whether they are good or not
>>
>>31349230
You look so dumb right now
>>
>>31349530
Because they're popular...? For knowing so much about Pokémon some of you seem to be missing a couple of neurones or basic knowledge in marketing
>>
Mega evolution AND z-moves are the most retarded feature to put in the game
>>
>>31349530
>Hey, let's make a cool new thing and give it to only Pokemon no one really gives a shit about
or
>let's make the most amount of people happy by giving Megas to the Pokemon most people love, while also giving some to bad Pokemon to make the few minority happy
>>
>>31349494
They're in the game data for obvious reasons, but that's not really any guarantee we'll be getting them in SM instead of whatever game they release next.

That would be an awful pattern though, locking a bunch of Megas until the second release of each Gen.
>>
>>31349530
Why give them to unpopular Pokemon that aren't be gonna used regardless of whether they're good or not?
You do know that your shitmons will NEVER be on the level of pseudos/legends even if those DIDN'T get a mega, right? Nothing changes.

This "only muh shitmons should get megas" argument was always fucking retarded and will always be. I don't even see how it exists considering GF clearly went for a 50/50 when distributing megas, considering that quite a few of the "popular" mons that got them were shitmons before, like Charizard, Blastoise, Lopunny, etc.
>>
>>31349392
This desu

>complaining about Pseudos and Legendaries getting Megas
>only Megamence and Megagross were real improvements to their originals
>most Legendaries mattering competitively outside of meme formats like Ubers and VGC16
>Mega Evolution actually made Diancie viable, while Mega Latios is utter shit.
>>
>>31349230
You missed the only gen (though gen V comes close) to actually not have any: Gen VII
>>
>>31349453
Garchomp is already an ridiculously good pokemon without its mega(naturally outspeeds many offensive pokemon, only Ice moves can OHKO it reliably, more physically frail pokemon are bellow it's speed tier than above). Gamefreak created a monster and are too fucking retarded to realize this and design pokemon that can effortlessly deal with it
>>
I like the concept of Mega Evolutions, but I think they've done so poorly. Some Mega Evolutions, like Mega Lucario, Kangaskhan and Salamence (and ultimately fug), simply outdo other Megas so hard they can become "irrelevant" as long as those big ones are around, also because GameFreak actually made irrelevant Megas like Audino. With that being said, I really like how they gave glory to otherwise irrelevant Pokémons, perhaps only famous due to their design, like Mawile, Beedrill and Diancie, and transformed those into actual powerhouses, forces to be reckoned with and shitmons no more.
>>
>>31349680
Again, so what? GF isn't making decision based on how every Pokemon does competitively. The first and foremost priority is to make it fun for people. More people are going to be happy to see Garchomp Mega Evolving compared to, say, Haxorus. Even then, they tried to balance Mega-Chomp, which worked.
>>
>>31349730
Forgot to mention that of course this all means shit when their Mega Stones are unreleased. That coupled with Floette-Eternal actually makes you unable to catch'em all. Bravo, Gamefreak.
>>
>>31349671
>Only gen VI mega is for an event-only legendary
Comes closer than gen V desu
>>
>>31349730
I mean, if you're talking about competitive Pokemon, some Pokemon will always be irrelevant compared to others. With over 800 of them, it's an inevitability, Megas or not.
>>
I politely disagree. All the megas looked over-designed, and the power boosts they got totally fucked the meta.
>>
>>31349230
Gen 6 has no megas, ironically. (Except Diancie, but that's ORAS)
>>
>>31349257
>>31349352
>>31349481
>>31349556
>>31349671
He meant starters.
>>
>>31349208
Agreed. Most Z-Moves are literally just versions of moves that do more damage. Mega Evolutions can I have different stats, abilities, and even have their types changed, and they last throughout the battle or until the Pokemon faints. Z-Moves are just their to look cool.
>>
File: 1483418976845.jpg (1023KB, 1505x2774px) Image search: [Google]
1483418976845.jpg
1023KB, 1505x2774px
I hate Megas more because they gave them to pokemon who in no way in hell needed them
>>
>>31349407
The target audience is everyone. Not just children. Masuda already admitted to this.
>>
File: IMG_0333.png (928KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0333.png
928KB, 640x1136px
>>31349332
>each mega was unique
>>
>>31349208
>better than sentai poses
Off yourself.
>>
>>31351057
>trusting Masuda
>>
File: 1480729736984.png (284KB, 419x380px) Image search: [Google]
1480729736984.png
284KB, 419x380px
>>31349208
The problem with Mega Evolutions was more of the fact they were given to Pokemon that didn't need them. It was a little better with ORAS but GF decided to pull the plug on them immediately after. Other than that it was one of the better ideas to come from gen 6
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.