[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, are the Tapu of healthy meta as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tapu.png (223KB, 679x322px) Image search: [Google]
tapu.png
223KB, 679x322px
Now that the dust has settled, are the Tapu of healthy meta as bad as the Genies of healthy meta?
>>
>>31349204
Much worse tbqh

At least the designs are good
>>
Lando T still exists and is still almost essential to run on a team, so no.
>>
No they actually bring an interesting dynamic to the game with terrains, genies are just good and easy to slap on any team
>>
>4 instead of 3
>Actually good designs
No
>>
>>31349204

>all the Tapus but Lele

no I think they are great and bring new strategic implimentations to types and mons that needed them.

>Lele

fuck that whore. send that pocket pussy guardian to Ubers.
>>
>>31349234
>thundurus nowhere to be seen
>same as tornadus
>lando-i banned and dead
>lando-t has 36% usage
>combined tapu usage is 71%
>three of them hit stupidly hard
>two never die
>promotes new "wars" with terrains
>yet not worse because one lando-t boogeyman is still used

o.k.
>>
>>31349204

>wanted a swordfish mon for ages
>we get tapu waifu instead

WHY
EVEN
LIVE
I
V
E
>>
>>31349234
>what is doubles
>>
>>31349234
What is this, essential, Lando set anon?
>>
>>31349297

he still a mold filler on doubles teams that don't run gimmicks
>>
>>31349204
They're better. The genies were cancer. The tapus are at least fun, if somewhat cancerous at times.
>>
>>31349204
Their terrains limit team building compared to the genies so no.

For instance:
>Running Fini and a Dragon type
>Running Koko and a grounded RestTalk poke
>Running Bulu and a Eathquake spammer
>Running Tapu Lele and a priority spammer
>>
>>31349353

it's not just A set it's many.

he pivots, he stop physical attackers with intimidate and his balk, he sets rocks, he explodes, he can set up with rock polish and swords dance, he's immune to EQ, he can others VULNERABLE to EQ with Gravity, the only counters he has are sweepers that know ice beam or HP Ice and have a boatload of Sp. Att.

The genie of healthy meta truly has it all.
>>
>>31349380
How is limiting teambuilding good?
>>
>>31349418

>>31349418

Terrains are double edged.

If you are running terrains you can't run types that are vulnerable to those terrains out of fear of the opponent taking advantage of them.
>>
Lando is just an embodiment of the singles meta and thus easy to slap onto any team. He doesn't really add anything new and thus isn't truly centralizing. You'd still have to worry about Stealth Rock, carrying Ice coverage, etc. if he wasn't around.

The tapu bring new elements and limit teambuilding due to their abilities. They are actually opposite of the Forces of Nature.
>>
>>31349418
I never even implied that. The genies are more splashable because they don't neuter your teammate's damage output or battle strategies.
>>
>>31349380
yeah i like having limited teambuilding too. it means i have to stick to smogon approved mons and sets and can't branch out strategies. feels so good you're right.
>>
They are good but not OP

They aren't near as centralizing as say primal don or xerneas, each is used less than lando/thundu, people run maybe one per team which I think is fine since they're pretty good. Meta seems much more healthy than 2016

vgc btw
>>
>>31349525
>vgc
Is there any meta that's less healthy than 2016?
>>
As far as doubles go they definitely don't reach genie levels.

They're being a real piece of work in singled though. Especially Lele.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.