[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what's /vp/'s opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16

File: oras2.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oras2.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled, what's /vp/'s opinion on these?
>>
> Now that the dust has settled,

Fuck off. The dust won't settle until people stop fucking asking.
>>
>>31348432
>Now that the dust has settled

Go back to /v/.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
Objectively inferior to RSE.

Games that GF made just to get easy money, knowing that people would buy them anyway even though they're half-assed remakes.
>>
>>31348454
Fuck off, stop posting in this thread.
>>
>>31348432
they were a let down but they were still better than XY.
>>
>>31348432
Better than R/S without argument.
Better than X/Y/ without argument.
If you aren't someone who sucks on Battle Frontier's dick like it's an oxygen tank, it's at least as good as Emerald.
Delta Episode, while introducing Zinnia, was godly.
Roaming and Devnav were GOAT features that need to come back.
>>
S T O P

P O S T I N G
>>
>>31348432
Godly experience to get to relive hoenn desu. I guess it's lacking in postgame tho, but then again no game isn't all about the main story anyway
>>
>>31348462
He's right
>Stop posting in this thread
This is not a hugbox, autist
>>
I can't believe a company as big as gamefreak can get away with such laziness. When you are able to recycle 3d models, UI, animations, and a ton of other shit, for a remake which is already a rehash of conetent, you better put a ton of new shit in your game. They actively cut content from the originals, barely added new shit "muh 1 hour long deoxys quest" and called it a day
>>
>>31348432
Worse than RSE and XY.

t. Hoennfag
>>
>>31348432
Worst of the three remakes and inferior to Emerald. Still okay games on their own but doesn't live up to the standard set in games released six and ten years ago.
>>
>>31348432
>le sedimentary dust
>>
boring games
>>
>>31348432
Less innovative but more enjoyable than X, Y, Sun, and Moon.

Hoenn is a diverse and fun region.
>>
>>31348454
>Objectively inferior to RSE.

Another retard who doesn't what objective means. I see the school system failed you.
>>
>>31348432
a huge letdown.

in every other remake, GF did two things.
1)port the game to the current system
2)add new content on top of the old game

GF did the first part, but somehow forgot the second part. they thought they could simply add on smaller features like soaring with the latis and the dexnav. these are all great features, but they hardly compare to the amount of added content that FRLG and especially HGSS had.
>>
>>31348432
made Hoenn actually good
>>
File: 1424497746113.png (207KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424497746113.png
207KB, 700x500px
>>31348884
>delta episode doesn't exist
>sea mauville doesn't exist
>>
Better than XY for sure, but is not as good as Emerald. Why they didn't remake Emerald instead?
>>
>>31348906
Sea Mavile does exists in RS. It's the abondoned ship holy shit
>>
>>31348929
great job you spotted a newfag.
>>
theyre bad and it makes me incredibly sad because i loved rse

music incredible though. diver trainer's eye is ridiculously fire
>>
It's ok. Could be a lot better.

E>ORAS>RS
>>
They finally made me appreciate the hoehn region, handholding aside.
Rs at release time were absolute underwheilming shit coming from crystal.
>>
File: 1482269173763.png (118KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1482269173763.png
118KB, 540x304px
>>31348432
>should of gotten Morimoto to direct
>got Ohmori's first attempt instead
>>
It's the first game I did not get since DP. Did not see any point in it, since the game lacked Battle Frontier and just playing through RS again did not interest me at all.
>>
Emerald is outdated so I enjoy OR/AS even more than Emerald even though the Battle Frontier wasn't in it.

>3D models
>Physical/Special split
>More Pokemon
>Mega Evolutions
>Secret Bases upgraded to Super Secret Bases
>Plenty of legendary Pokemon to be caught keeping me pretty busy
>Music can be changed while battling online
>Deoxys available without the use of promotional events
>PokéNav Plus which is in the shape of a Gameboy Advance SP
>Many Pokemon not availabe in Ruby/Sapphire before become available after defeating or capturing Groudon/Kyogre

inb4 underage retard starts spouting the word objectively with no idea of what it means
>>
>>31349166
>should of
Should of kill yourself
>>
>>31349275
>literally porting it makes it good
>anyone who disagrees with me is retarded/wrong
>>
>>31349317
great argument friend
>>
>>31349333
Porting it makes it more enjoyable because it has more recent features. That's a completely valid reason to like it over R/S.

>anyone who disagrees with me is retarded/wrong

No but if you act like an autistic retard who thinks his opinion is 100% right and try to shove your opinion on others while shouting the word "objective" then yes, you are a retard
>>
>>31349433
The new features being better is just your opinion man

They butchered contests in my opinion due to how easy it is to get Poffins and didn't even include online play for it. I can't call this objective but I do have reasoning on things it fucked up on
>>
>>31349451
>The new features being better is just your opinion man

I never said it wasn't my opinion, MAN! "Just your opinion" is typically the battle cry of what butthurt people say when someone says something they don't want to hear.

>>31349451
>I do have reasoning on things it fucked up on

Good for you.
>>
>>31348468
>Roaming and Devnav were GOAT features that need to come back.
My nigga
>>
should i buy Omega Ruby or sun?

sun looks shit
>>
>>31349275
>outdated
This is how you spot underage
>>
File: 1425668368035.jpg (61KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
1425668368035.jpg
61KB, 500x519px
>>31349564
>I prefer my experience with no Physical/Special split
>>
>>31349500
You really sound like one pretentious fuck

>you act like an autistic retard who thinks his opinion is 100% right and try to shove your opinion on others
>>
File: Pokemon Torchic.png (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Torchic.png
36KB, 250x250px
>>31349545
Even though I haven't finished Pokemon Moon I enjoyed Alpha Sapphire more.

>>31349564
>He doesn't know what outdated means

Outdated means no longer current sweety, I'll explain this slowly because I know your tiny typical 4chan brain will have a hard time understand otherwise.

The Physical/Special split happened in Gen 4 and thus the system for what makes a move physical or special based in Gen 3 and before is no longer current. Also there's the sprites, although I don't mind sprites at all the 3D models have grown on me.

>>31349642
I'm not shoving my opinion on anyone. If you think that R/S/E are better/more enjoyable than OR/AS then by all means think that. Since there are of course reasons to prefer Emerald or Ruby or Sapphire over OR/AS and neither are objectively better than the other.
>>
>>31349275
You should try an Emerald romhack
>>
>>31349746
I have. But romhacks are not official.
>>
If there was the battle frontier hardly anyone would have much of a problem with it. It's fine, not shit and not great.
>>
>>31348432
Mediocre. Certainly not the worst thanks to some QoL changes it had, but otherwise pretty lackluster
>>
File: yQiaTYq.jpg (915KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
yQiaTYq.jpg
915KB, 2560x1440px
>>31348432
Technically better than R/S.
Worse when you consider how little effort was actually put into making it stand out from the originals (read: none)
Good for nostalgia value and that's pretty much it.

I sound critical but I actually had a great time. Awarding you for pokemon that you've transferred from R/S/E was a nice touch and really tugged at my heartstrings.
>>
As someone who skipped RSE, ORAS did nothing for me.

Hoenn is a weird region and I don't like many of the Gen 3 Pokemon. The dialogue dragged on and on.

The game just never made me feel like I wanted to do anything in it. And I'm the type who likes to explore. But there was no sense of real exploration for me. It felt like they just did a direct 1:1 mapping of the originals, which doesn't work for a 3D environment.

I liked the DexNav and the outer space fight.
>>
>>31349166
They should have given Z to Ohmori and had him make that while Morimoto worked his magic on ORAS. Ohmori would still have enough experience to be trusted with SM (as flawed as the game is I do think giving it to Ohmori made it better than it would have been under Masuda, it seemed like he wanted it to be more than it was since it had so much cut content) and we'd have a Hoenn remake by the guy who not only did the best Hoenn game but also the best remake.
>>
>>31349545
>buy

Anon you can hack your 3DS right now. Any firmware is good to be hacked unless they released an update today and I haven't seen it. Go hack your 3DS while you can and just pirate them. If you end up loving one of them you can buy it later to show support (but you likely won't, neither are that great).
>>
>>31351537
The sad thing is exploration is better in RSE because there are less "do you want me to warp you to this place?" moments. The one that stands out most to me is the warp after you get Surf. You have a new area north of Rustboro that you might visit if you take the Tunnel to head back to Mauville, you have the entirety of the water section south of Route 104 that leads to Slateport, which also lets you visit the Abandoned Ship/Sea Mauville first, and you even just have a tiny shortcut north of Oldale that takes you to a place you might have skipped with a few trainers that leads to Cycling Road.

But nope, ORAS has to literally hold your hand and warp you straight to Mauville, meaning any new players might not even know about those areas. Good job, Ohmori.
>>
>>31348462
>>31348468
>>31348784

idiots
>>
>>31352037
So, they didn't actually take out the exploring aspect, just made it less handholdy and forced YOU, the player to find it themselves?
>>
>>31348884
You know what I never got? Why GF changed the ash collecting mechanic. Now it's just tedious to collected enough for even the cheaper items.
>>
>>31348432
I enjoyed it more than the originals (I find it difficult to return to the older Pokemon titles, the static sprites and such just feel "dead"), but ironically enough, it suffered a bit from being too faithful in the map design and as such it looked terrible and flowed terrible in the maps despite the improved graphics and movement.

Other than that, secret bases were my favorite part.
>>
>>31348432
They're not the best games in the series but they're not the worst either. They suffer from gen 6's casualized approach to games and from GF's decision to be lazy because most people don't care about postgame content.
>>
>>31352241
That's the opposite of what I said. The game is more handholdy, not less.
>>
>>31352115
I'm sorry you don't know what objectively means.
>>
Does anyone a download to an already patched CIA of rutile ruby? Patching it myself isn't working
>>
Dexnav is Game Freak's gift to mankind.
>>
>>31352659
I know what it means.

Clearly you don't. Stop acting highly and mighty. ORAS are objectively bad games, deal with it. Saying you don't know what objectively means won't change that fact.
>>
>>31352691
3dsiso has it
>>
cancer meta
>>
>>31353934
What was wrong with the meta?
>>
>>31348784
entertainment is to a certain degree objectively good or bad. for example a painting of a butthole is objectively worse than a huge detailed landscape.
>>
>>31348432
I hate it. I hate it so much.
>>
>>31355064
Not it isn't.
>>
>>31348432
Bad games, relatively speaking. While pokemon generally improves with each game and remake, and this is no exception, the gap between these and HGSS compared both against their native games, and the gens they spun off from, was much smaller and lackluster. Attempting to plug the RSE storyline into the mega universe didn't work very well, Primals are almost nonsensical, and only serve as a marker that Pokemon's power creep is something special. Pokefinder was great, the contests were okay, but I feel they were done much better in 2D in gen 4. It left a bunch of features out of Emerald which lead to gen 3 blueballs. It gave us one of the best generics in the female delinquent. The Delta Episode was great, and was a cool way to handle the emerald storyline. Zinnia sucked, but was hot. Many quality of life features introduced were spectacular, and the Mauville storyline was great.
Anywhere these games went that was new territory was great. Any time they tried to pave over, retell, or generally address the existing lore, story, and games, and/or adapt the established story to current lore, story, and games fell short. Make what you will of that statement.
>>
>>31355064
Unless the butthole is exceptionally well done, and the huge detailed landscape is done in highly detailed crayon by a child.
Or if the guy who sees it really needed to see a butthole that day, and dgafs about landscapes.
Don't start this fight, bucko.
>>
>>31355173
Not that anon but movies aren't subjective

How you enjoy something is definitely not objective. However filmatography, lines of dialogue, how those lines are delivered, sound quality are all objective. There can be objectively wrong things about forms of entertainment
>>
File: 1483101804794.jpg (177KB, 990x687px) Image search: [Google]
1483101804794.jpg
177KB, 990x687px
>>31355173
>yes, goyim, let everyone bee themselves and express their "feelings"!
>>
>>31355260
I admit that was shit but crude drawings can be drawn with depth.
>>
>>31355260
The bottom one certainly impressed me more.
>>
I like it mechanically, but as an Emerald lover the fact that Lord Fug has no involvement with the other two and it's missing the good shit like Gym rematches and the Battle Facilities of tear-inducing RNG makes me pretty damn disappointed
>>
File: IMG_1433.jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
34KB, 400x240px
Literally unfinished. How do people just let this pass?
>>
>>31355685
Why does everyone post that image when they say ORAS is unfinished? What's wrong in that pic?
>>
>>31348432
Replayed them after Sun/Moon and actually liked them even more than before. After playing through Sun/Moon which is probably the most linear and handholdy Pokemon game, it was a breat of fresh air to play through ORAS which had optional routes, sidequests, and islands to go to through soar. The postgame is still a letdown, there should at LEAST be Gym Leader rematches since Gen 3 pioneered them. Overall, their better than XY and S/M. Also better than the original R/S but probably not better than Emerald.
>>
>>31354278
vgc was nothing but primals. obv smogon wasn't affected except ubers which got shit up by primals as well.
>>
>>31355763
It's Johtoddlers not wanting people to like ORAS better than their beloved overrated remakes.
>>
>>31354278
A better question is why the fuck is someone bitching about meta for a game that is even less competitively viable than Mario Kart.
>>
>>31355886
tbf HG/SS had more content and overall added more to the game than OR/AS did

that doesn't excuse its awful level scaling (and wonky looking sprites for a lot of Johtomons) but it's a fair bit better than OR/AS otherwise
>>
>>31348432

Worst games in the franchise, relative to when they came out. (Of course they're better than R/S, but those didn't come out in 2014.)
>>
>>31348432
They are a good update to RS. The story is better (but still outclassed by E).

However, there's a few things I didn't like. While the engine was the same as XY, I found ORAS overworld graphics to be really over-saturated while the original games weren't.
Also, the way the tried to put every missing legendaries in the game was just stupid imo. Random islands or strange conditions, no effort required. At least HGSS and B2W2 handled it correctly.
>>
>>31349696
>Outdated means no longer current sweety, I'll explain this slowly because I know your tiny typical 4chan brain will have a hard time understand otherwise.

Holy shit faggot go back to tumblr and drink a bottle of bleach on the way there. I think ORAS is good for having all the mechanical improvements from Gen 4 as well, but stop spewing dicks on my screen with your undeservedly smug unique tumblr-brand faggotry. It's funny that you think tumblrites don't have the tiniest brains and dicks in the world but other than that your post is maybe the most cancerous thing I've ever read.
>>
>>31348884
>didnt add new content
>forgetting about delta episode and flying around on latios/latias

Pls never post on here you underage faggot. I bet you werent even old enough to play RS when they first came out
>>
>>31355064
>>31355260
Naturalism is a pepperoni pizza of visual arts
>>
File: 1471822534800.jpg (154KB, 446x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471822534800.jpg
154KB, 446x600px
>>31356158
You might be right but you need to use tubmlr just a little bit less when insulting somoene. It shouldnt come up 4times in 1 paragraph
>>
>>31356222
>Sweety

I'm addressing them as what they are loser, not throwing buzzwords around. Also it was only 3 times.
>>
>>31348432
When I heard I was really really excited but when I actually played them I was disappointed.

Not sure if the remakes were bad or if RSE weren't actually that good to begin with
>>
>>31348432

they;'re okay.
>>
>>31356300
no one said sweety
>>
>>31356342
R/S are a bit bland, but Emerald is easily the best of the 1st 3 gens and IMO the best game overall (although Platinum comes very close)
>>
>>31356372
>Outdated means no longer current sweety, I'll explain this slowly because I know your tiny typical 4chan brain will have a hard time understand otherwise.

Are you capable of following a stream of conversation or just nah?
>>
>>31356458
Why would you reply to someone greentexting something you had said that has nothing to do with what they were talking about
>>
>>31356578
>Are you capable of following a stream of conversation or just nah?
>>
File: CTzje8zVAAANuVn.jpg (19KB, 318x322px) Image search: [Google]
CTzje8zVAAANuVn.jpg
19KB, 318x322px
>>31356676
Once again
Why would you reply to someone greentexting something you had said that has nothing to do with what they were talking about

The fact you said sweetie has nothing to do with the fact you were spewing buzzwords in your post. Nice damage control though
>>
>>31356800
So you are completely incapable of following a conversation. I didn't want to link every post but

>>31349696
>Fag saying sweety
>>31356158
>Me saying tumblr
>>31356222
>Implication that I'm using tumblr as a buzzword
>>31356300
>Me saying that because they said sweety they're definitely tumblr
>>31356372
>Retard
>>31356458
>Me implying you're a retard
>>31356578
>Retard
>>31356676
>Me implying you're a retard
>>31356800
>Retard

Retard.
>>
File: adf.jpg (17KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
17KB, 502x417px
>>31356852
I dont think iv ever seen so much autism and damage control in 1 post

You do realize they were calling you sweetie to be ironic and you screaming tumblr at them is just pure unadulterated autism.

Educate yourself

https://www.autismspeaks.org/

And get help
>>
>>31356902
Just follow a conversation you retard and nobody will have to guide your specially challenged ass through a simple stream of posts. I said myself I didn't want to cancerpost for your sake but here we are.

In regards to whatever you've imagined me damage-controlling about, they didn't call me sweety, they called someone who called them underage sweety and it was obviously a tumblrite doing it unironically.

Once again dude, I don't know if you get this or anything, but hover your mouse over a post number and you'll be able to see what people are replying to. You do that maybe next time you post you won't look completely autistic. Refer to that link you had in your post, it could really help you out.
>>
File: 1468703888709.jpg (109KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1468703888709.jpg
109KB, 650x650px
>>31357070
The fact you havent realized by now it was time to stop posting just further proves how autistic you truly are.
>>
>>31357091
Stop projecting your autism onto others anon :)
>>
File: attachment.php.jpg (84KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.php.jpg
84KB, 400x200px
>>31357115
>>
File: CONFIRMED.png (383KB, 409x607px) Image search: [Google]
CONFIRMED.png
383KB, 409x607px
>>31348432
The hype was nice.
>>
File: shits confirmed.png (25KB, 547x437px) Image search: [Google]
shits confirmed.png
25KB, 547x437px
>>31357240
>tfw this meme is dead
>>
>>31357224
Anon seriously your carer is calling. It's time to put away your pile of ebin reaction images for now sweetie.
>>
File: masuda lies closeup.png (127KB, 327x252px) Image search: [Google]
masuda lies closeup.png
127KB, 327x252px
>>31348432
Here's a couple polls: State your thoughts for posterity!

> Pokemon X/Y http://www.strawpoll.me/12088494

> Pokemon ORAS http://www.strawpoll.me/12088498

> Pokemon Sun/Moon http://www.strawpoll.me/12088510
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.