[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHOULD UNOWN BE REMOVED FROM THE RANDOM BATTLE TIER ON SHOWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Unown.gif (64KB, 58x73px) Image search: [Google]
Unown.gif
64KB, 58x73px
SHOULD UNOWN BE REMOVED FROM THE RANDOM BATTLE TIER ON SHOWDOWN?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12088497

I believe that Unown is too far removed from the Standard set of Pokemon allowed to perform in the Random Battle Tier. An average Pokemon found on a team is either fully-evolved (ex: venusaur), a middle stage evolution holding Eviolite (ex: magneton), or a Pokemon that cannot evolve (ex: tauros).

These Pokemon also have access to 4 MOVES.

Unown can only learn 1 move, Hidden Power. The only Unown that Random Battle will ever give is an Unown (A) with Choice Specs and Hidden Power (Psychic). This Pokemon feels like an empty slot when on my team, and makes me feel like I'm playing with an overwhelming handicap.

I know that there is a list of Pokemon that will never show up on a random battle team (ex: baby pokemon and 1st stage pokemon), and I believe that Unown should fall into this category.
>>
File: onebicycle.png (68KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
onebicycle.png
68KB, 300x250px
vote now~
>>
>>31344474
>Showdown
Can't wait for this cuck simulator to be CD'd by Nintendo
You're ruining competitive
>>
>tfw 1800 in hackmons
>>
>>31344542
Shoo shoo, tripfag. No one cares about your opinion on formats you don't even play
>>
git gud

ive won random battles with unown on my team before
>>
>>31344657
but it doesnt belong in random battles. it doesnt even see competitive play in its own tier
>>
In random battles the shitmons use to had a high level so they can beat good mons sometimes, is worse when you got a good mon with a shitty movepool.

Also, is a meme format why do you care for it? Is 90% RNG there's no way to take it serious.
>>
>>31344474
Fan Rotom is a bad roll too, I get it's a meme of triple immunity but fuck that
>>
>>31344868
The difference is that Fan-Rotom is usable. Randoms isn't about getting good rolls, it's about making the best strategies with what you get. I'm with OP; you can't make strategies with Unown. It always has HP Psychic, so if your opponent has a Dark type, it's an easy switch in every time.
The best you can do is use it to make double switches, or just as a Pokemon to sack so you can get something else in (which could be done by literally any other Poke)
>>
boohoo cry some more baby boy :^)
>>
1704 on randoms. Yes I hate unown. I always have him lead off to scout and switch.
>>
They should also get rid of some of the absurdly strong Ubers that can just 1v1 almost every mon in the game but its random battles so who cares
>>
It's funny, I saw this thread while I was fucking around in Randoms just now, and I knew I was screwed until this happened. I got a chuckle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-515680155
>>
>>31345582
kek
>>
>>31344474
Bump
>>
>Random Battle

If you want something serious, go play fucking battle factory
>>
In Gen 1 random battles you can get first-stage mons, are you saying they should be removed too?
>>
>>31349086
They at least have unpredictability. Unknown will only have the exact same set with only pyschic stab which can easily prompt a switch on the player and the opponent could easily set up with a dark type while the player does nothing/switches out. There's no variability in it
>>
I miss when there were NFE 'mons in randbats
killing a giratina-o with a magikarp was fun
>>
>>31344868
That set fucking pisses me off, why would you give an already gimped pokemon an air balloon as a joke?
>>
>>31349060
>3v3
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.