[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would any normal person be willing to complete the entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 168x168px
Why would any normal person be willing to complete the entire pokedex? Just catch the pokemon you need for competitive and be on your way. It's no different than skipping filler from an anime.
>>
the shiny charm and bragging rights. that's it
>>
>>31341954

MODS
>>
Seriously. I did it way back in Blue then realized it was pointless when all they gave me was a diploma.
>>
File: r e a l l y.png (811KB, 1225x660px) Image search: [Google]
r e a l l y.png
811KB, 1225x660px
>>31341954
>he hasn't caught all 801 available pokemon
>>
>>31341954
Same reason I complete any game fully.
Feels good to see that 100%.

Also there is the tangible reward of the shiny charm, and most people who only play for competitive will just inject or edit Pokemon for perfect online use, since they feel less of a need to engage in what I've seen described as "timewasters" like breeding.
>>
>>31341954
Only casuals skip filler
>>
>>31341954
I did it in B2 and Moon, for the Shiny Haxorus reward and the shiny charm respectively.
>>
>>31341954
>Frogposting
>Hasn't caught them all
>Competitive-shilling
(you) also, MODS
>>
>1000 hours in
>Still at Paniola Ranch, no need to progress any further now that I have access to breeding
who /comfy/ here?
>>
It's satisfying, you get rewards for it, and can unlock new events
>>
>>31341954
>Normal People
>Competitive

Pick one
>>
File: gauron.jpg (34KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
gauron.jpg
34KB, 479x479px
MODS
>>
>>31342087
only normies give a shit about smogon, anon.
>>
>>31341954
it would be neat to have some super elusive mon only obtainable in a event triggered by completing the pokedex
>>
>>31342134
>injectors proceed to just inject a full dex
Reminder that injecting to fill a Pokedex is just pathetic.
>>
>>31342134
You don't get a prize for not skipping anime filler.
>>
So Pepe is now an advocate for normalcy and not playing video games?

Fucking stupid.
>>
You must be some kind of retarded tourneyfag if you think that battling other players is the only way to play Pokémon or the only feature that matters.
>>
>>31341954
>what is shiny charm
>>
>>31342042

This. Also, the same reason people collect other things? Because it's intrinsically fun for them.

There's also the sort of "journey not the destination" bonus of winding up with direct access to every evolutionary line in the game.
>>
>>31341954
>skipping filler from an anime
Hardcore pleb.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.