[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems many people on /vp/ want a less linear game for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nxcdamQBrK1ul2zw7o1_400.jpg (33KB, 278x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxcdamQBrK1ul2zw7o1_400.jpg
33KB, 278x424px
It seems many people on /vp/ want a less linear game for the next pokemon, but there is more to making an open ended game than simply removing the barriers, especially in a game with levels and progression like pokemon. So /vp/ what are your solutions to the problems of an open world pokemon game?
>>
Relative levels would be a good start. Make encounter levels be based on your teams average level and while at it do the same to the trainer levels.
Its far from ideal but thats the only reasonable way to do it without a complete gameplay overhaul.
>>
>>31337602
People think they want a non-linear game, but they really don't. Have you seen the Prism threads? No one can find jackshit out on their own and cheese through the game's puzzles by looking them up.
>>
>>31337752
Absolute level scaling is a cancer. Bounded level scaling might be acceptable, but that only partially mitigates some of the issues.
>>
>>31337777
Quads of truth
>>
>>31337602
Gyms/important trainers/trial captains/etc. change their teams depending on the order you fight them in. How hard can it be to do that?
>>31337777
Prism was too non-linear.

[spoile]super metroid was fun enough[/spoiler]
>>
>linear
there's that word again, is it a new /vp/ meme?
>>
>>31337975
It took me a bit too, but to spoiler you need a space after the last bracket of the first [.spoiler] , and a space before the first bracket of the last [./spoiler] . Take the periods out and that will spoil.
>>
>>31337602
Have each route have X encounter tables and each Gym have 8 encounter tables.

The first time you enter each Route it saves encounter table N from the list as the encounter table for that route, where N is the number of routes visited.

Similar thing for badges where it loads the Gym's trainer loadouts based on the number of badges previously obtained each time you enter.
>>
>>31337996
No you need to press ctrl+s unless you're a phone poster.
>>
>>31338037
Yeah that works if you have hotkeys on. Some people don't do everything the way you do, sweetheart.
>>
>>31338057
No I'm pretty sure that's the default.
>>
>>31338057
It does that by itself. Dunno why you would turn hotkeys off.
I was giving a more convenient explanation to a typical user, no need to be so hostile.
>>
>>31338014
The route thing is too much work and would be broken (you could just enter and exit a couple of routes to have stronger mons to grind with, and it could happen accidentally, causing your underlevelled team to get beaten. I'd just level/evolve the mons according to your progression with the gyms. They've done that for trainer rematches before, and it works.
>>
>>31338057
>people turn hotkeys off
I wasn't aware this was something people do. What reason would you have to do this?
>>
>>31338075
>>31338100
English isn't my first language; I'm testing some phrases and words that don't have a good same in my language. I apologize for offending. My preferences got reset after being banned for Jimmyposting in a Jimmy thread, and hotkeys was off. It could be a spook, though.

>>31338131
I got used to not useing hotkeys by posting from an app for a bit. I forget to use an hotkey most of the time.
>>
>>31338179
No problem I wasn't really offended or anything, this is 4chan after all. Hopefully you can restore your settings anon.
>>
File: Sorry.png (16KB, 395x363px)
Sorry.png
16KB, 395x363px
>>31338179
>>31338261
I for got to post my photograph
>>
File: 1388004433469[1].jpg (23KB, 298x284px)
1388004433469[1].jpg
23KB, 298x284px
>>31337602
>open world
why do people always assume that if something isn't super linear CoD style it automatically has to be some Ubisoft sandbox open world game
The problem is not the fact that you're basically walking from point A to B, the reason why old games like Doom, Duke Nukem etc. were so great is because they managed to create a style of level design that was still linear in its core but still focused on exploration and not making the way forward super obvious
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.