[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

35 hours until the Switch presentation. What can we look forward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2181.jpg (59KB, 850x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2181.jpg
59KB, 850x591px
35 hours until the Switch presentation. What can we look forward to, Pokemon or not?
>>
>>31333745
LoZ and Mario

I dont think Pokémon will be announced or even be on switch this year

>but they said Pokémon Switch this year
Keyword here is "pokémon", not "mainline pokémon". Mystery Dungeon was the first 3DS pokémon game. Also in one interview Masuda said they were indeed switching to Switch, but were watching how the market progressed.

Also, in general 3rd version and remakes that feature less new content get revealed later. ORAS was announced in May. Even if there's a "Stars" it won't be announced so soon
>>
Not gonna lie, I'd be ecstatic for a Pokemon Snap 2. Pokemon finder just isn't good enough. It'd also be nice to get Tales of Berseria confirmed for the Switch.

I'm open for any surprises, but I'm going in with low expectations.
>>
I don't think a new main line game has ever been revealed in a general Nintendo direct, did it?
>>
>>31335519
Not to my knowledge. The Directs that XY and the Kanto Mega evos plus Bank were revealed in were both Pokemon-centric ones.
>>
>>31333745
I think everyone's overestimating the "Pokemon on switch" thing.
I honestly feel like it's gonna be Pokken, with all arcade characters playable and 3 to 5 new ones.
>>
File: 1439154040899.jpg (131KB, 1292x395px) Image search: [Google]
1439154040899.jpg
131KB, 1292x395px
>>31335519
>>31335611
I knew I had a picture somewhere.
>>
I'd like a new Nintendo IP.
Something colorful and interesting like Chibi Robo or Pikmin.
>>
>>31333745
Of course not.
Sun and Moon didn't even come out 2 months ago.
If they reveal a new game now it could affect sales, they wouldn't do that.
>>
they're not going to announce a pokemon game. They already have their hands full just giving basic details about the console. They have no reason to blow their load by announcing a new Pokemon game a mere 2 months after one already came out.
>>
>>31333745
I expect nothing else other than the price being revealed and some games being shown. Nothing Pokemon related.
>>
>>31335860
What would be a good price for this thing?
>>
The only things I would outright expect are the games shown in the Switch reveal video, and for Japan and maybe Europe, Inazuma Eleven Ares which Level-5 announced last year for an unspecified "game device" that is most likely the Switch judging by diagrams used and the two official screenshots. Anything else is a surprise.
>>
>>31335714
Well, there's Ever Oasis.
It's another one of those Second-party IPs, not created by Nintendo EAD, though. And it's a JRPG with a townsim aspect. And it'll only be on 3DS.
So yeah let's all hope for a new IP.
>>
>>31335871
It's almost guaranteed to be $250, with a $300 console-game bundle.
>>
>>31335788
This. At the very least they'll wait for Q1 or Q2 of the new fiscal year, which means May at the absolute earliest.
>>
>>31335871
500+$, I want good performance so it can run multiplat games made for Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro. But it will most likely be around 250$ so it sells best.
>>
>>31335921
Oh wow that looks really cute.
I usually skip launch games but I might pick that up.
>>
>>31335941
I feel like $250 might be making the same mistake as the 3DS.

It didn't sell at all until they dropped the price.
>>
>>31336008
>launch games
Anon.
I just said it's on 3DS.
>>
>>31336018
250 is cheap as fuck for a console, especially one that performs well.
>>
>>31336036
It ain't cheap enough. You gotta remember that a lot of casuals still playing Nintendo are either the types that don't spend their money on a ton of games, or are poorfags and can't afford much else. If the Switch isn't affordable on release, or doesn't have a bunch of good launch/first year titles, the system will be dead in the water, since nobody will want to buy it later.
>>
>>31336081
As an addendum, I think that $250 is a decent price, and will probably what it will be on launch, but I think it'll end up like that other anon said and not sell too well in the first year until they drop the pricetag.
>>
>>31336036
I got my PS4 for 250.
And this thing's specs don't perform as well as that.
>>
>>31336018
If they bill the "it's totally a home console guys but it's PORTABLE too" thing well I could see $250 or so working, $200 would work well for sales, $300 would be suicide
>>
>>31335637
this
>>31335901
and this, i pray for Ares
and also galaxy coming to europe ever
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.