[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I beat Cheren in Blaze Black 2? He has six fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hapu with gun.png (121KB, 253x228px) Image search: [Google]
hapu with gun.png
121KB, 253x228px
How the fuck do I beat Cheren in Blaze Black 2?

He has six fucking pokemon and grinding is nearly impossible because of the way the leveling system works.
>>
>>31330924
This is why you don't play shitty romhacks.
Completely ruins gen 5's perfect scaling.
>>
>>31330924
Get a Riolu to help fuck up his normal types.
>>
>>31331164
This.
>BUT IT GOTTA BE HARD LMAO EXP SHARE I TURN IT OFF
>>
>using exp share
>unovabortions
Like pottery
>>
>>31330924
>"I want a pokemon game that challenges me!"

>"WAAAAH IT'S TOO HARD"
>>
>>31331312
There's a difference between challenge for the sake of challenge and a fair challenge
>>
>>31330924
Evolve your starter and sweep him with it. Takes a while but it always works for me.
>>
>>31331312
There's a difference between artificial difficulty and a legitimate challenge. Something romhackers fail to understand.
>>
I wish there was a 649 hack of the Unova games that didn't up the difficulty
How do challenge and easy modo work, do they give the enemies different teams? They could just edit challenge mode to be harder
>>
>>31331408
I kind of agree. Gym leaders should have more Pokémon though, maybe corresponding to the average team size at that point of the game. 3/4/4/5/5/6/6 would be perfect desu.

Not sure about Blaze Black but a lot of these romhacks also put items on every gym Pokémon, which I don't necessarily disagree with but you should give players access to these items as well. Games should be fair, after all.

It's why I like games like Shin Megami Tensei, almost all of the skills you see bosses use are available to you as well, aside from some of the endgame bosses.
>>
>>31331408
exactly

reborn is fucking garbage because of this, tho it was made by a cunt so I didn't really expect anything good
>>
>>31331446

I caved in and switched the difficulty to easy. On easy, Cheren only has three pokemon. His Munchlax with leftovers is a still a fucking bitch though, but I was able to beat it by poisoning it with Houndoor's smog, and then just spamming sand attack with Pidgey so it kept missing and eevntually died from the poison. None of my regular attacks did shit to it.

After I beat him, I switched challenge mode back on.
>>
>>31330924
Turn off challenge mode. He only has 3 Pokemon in normal mode. If you think Cheren is hard, Roxie and Burgh are really gonna push your shit in. After that the game really lightens in difficulty.
>>31331465
>It's why I like games like Shin Megami Tensei, almost all of the skills you see bosses use are available to you as well, aside from some of the endgame bosses.
Are you joking? Bosses that have the ability to use Beast Eye/Dragon Eye WILL spam it long before endgame. Even for regular skills, bosses will have access to skills long before you can get them.

I'm looking at the Pokemon roster for BBVW2 right now, gym leaders don't get super competitive items on all their Pokemon in normal mode until Clay. If you play challenge mode it's a different story.
>>
>>31330924

These hacks usually expect you to EV train and get pokemon with good IVs. Otherwise you're going to get fucked.

Happened to me when I played Star Sapphire (you will be lv. 100 just before the elite 4, so you HAVE to be EV training to even stand a chance).
>>
You can catch a Riolu before him for a reason numbnuts
>>
File: 1436299091322.png (389KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436299091322.png
389KB, 1000x1000px
enjoy the full sand team towards the end of Victory Road my guy
>>
>>31333213

>tfw know nothing about EVs/IVs
>>
>>31333213
>requiring IV training for the main game
>requiring EV training in a generation that doesn't have any way to raise EVs outside of battling
That's not harder, that's tedious, and bad game design
>>
>>31330924

Git gud.
>>
git gud

I love these challenge hacks with BW's exp curve because it filters out the people who can actually use strategy to win from the people who can only win by mindlessly grinding.
>>
>>31337610

what "strategy" can be used against Cheren?
>>
>>31337830
same strategy for beating a human player.
>>
>>31330924
>Implying Drayno or whatever the fuck his name is good at making hacks

He gave Luvdisc fucking Light of Ruin in his ORAS hack. He just preches knowing how to make a good challege but all his hacks are either tedious or ridiculous more than anything else.
>>
just inject lol
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.