[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some moments from the Pokemon franchise as a whole that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1202.png (293KB, 680x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.png
293KB, 680x706px
What are some moments from the Pokemon franchise as a whole that legitimately scared you? The totem battle with Mimikyu spooped me pretty bad the first time.
>>
>>31330261
Not sure if it counts, but in Origins episode 4, when Green told Red Mewtwo was too strong and Red remembered the Old Mansion, the music and the visuals sent multiple chills down my spine.
>>
>>31330261
The first time I saw AZ was in the middle of the night so that was kind of spoopy. A few minutes later I saw the ghost Hex Maniac in Lumiose wich caught me completely of guard.

Not exactly spooky but the whole buildup to the Wishiwashi totem battle was superb and made me kind of scared. The rain and thunder, Lapras being scared and when you could see the Wishiwashi flock was quite the thrill.
>>
>kids franchise
>getting scared
fucking pussies
>>
>>31330261
i get scared when i realize that there are pussies out there that get fucking scared from a babby game

Die.
>>
>being scared of pokemon

I remember being scared of Lavender Town when I was nine, but literally getting scared of sun and moon in your 20's is quite embarrassing
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>31330261
Not really scared but shocked when Giratina pretty much jumped at the screen and took Cyrus to the Distortion World. The fact that it cut him off mid-speech took me by surprise.
>>
>>31330531
>>
>>31330504
the hex maniac in lumiose definitely
>>
The old chateau in Diamiond. I laughed At the old man, but the girl in the room At your left scared me
>>
Totem Mimikyu wasn't too bad, but I can see how it could've been unnerving. At best there are just unnerving moments. I guess Ultra Space is kind of scary to think about for too long but it's a temporary location.

The endless drought and accompanying music in the Hoenn games was pretty freaky though. Meanwhile Generations did a good job of conveying what was basically an apocalypse with Kyogre's maelstroms. It gave a good sense of how badly the world would be fucked up and not even Water types would be safe (a lot of them were shown being unable to swim against the currents).

Aside from that... can't really think of any truly scary moments, but there were some whoa moments.
>>
>>31330711
Forgot to specify

Groudon's drought was freakier in the games because of the music, but I acknowledge that in Generations, Kyogre was scarier because we saw what actually happened (while Courtney just had a vision of what happened with Groudon, though it laser blasting through things is also not a pleasant thought)
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
The only time.
>>
i guess it's the scene before the Totem Lurantis battle I think. It really looked like Lurantis was gonna sneak up and cut my head lol
>>
>>31330261
>look behind me when i enter room
>see it
>knock its lights out with my Decidueye
no prob
>>
>Walrein's Quick Claw let it go first.
>>
The only time I was scared was when I was around 9 or 10 playing Diamond and the Old Chateau ghost girl appeared. Nothing nightmare inducing, but very unsettling.
>>
I thought the swole admin from Colosseum was going to physically beat my ass at any moment.
>>
>>31330261
Ghetsis hands down

>Wow a legendary
>N was a pushover unfortunately
>Oh I'm going to fight Ghetsis
>Wow a full heal

I am so ashamed of myself spamming the Max revives. Most humiliating experience in Pokémon because I was expected such an easy battle

Gen 5 best games
>>
Ghetsis actually trying to kill the player in BW2 certainly caught me off guard.
>>
>ORAS
>Battle maison doubles
>My team consisted of Conkeldurr, Braviary, mega Blastoise and Galvantula
>The only pokemon you need to worry about on the other team was a Leafeon
>Leafeon sets up swords dance so I target it immediately
>Brave bird
>Fucking focus sash
>It proceeds to leaf blade my entire team scoring nothing but crits

This is the first time the battle facilities in pokemon has legitimately made me hate an entire subspecies of pokemon.
>>
>>31332193
So much this
>>
File: 1483331444969.jpg (23KB, 352x482px) Image search: [Google]
1483331444969.jpg
23KB, 352x482px
>>31332193
>>
>>31330261
I was scared when I realized pokemon's 20 anniversary was half-assed just like mario's 25th. Sure, sun and moon came from it...but sun and moon were mediocre. adding insult to injury was when the virtual console releases of RBY happened. I know pokemon go was a thing, but please calm down with the RBY stuff for once. I wish the 2nd gen and the 4th gen weren't as neglected and had as much publicity as gen 1
>>
File: Pkmn_Plat_Giratina_cutscene.jpg (62KB, 346x262px) Image search: [Google]
Pkmn_Plat_Giratina_cutscene.jpg
62KB, 346x262px
The giratina cut scene and distortion world in platinum

Those fucking red eyes dude

The original music in the burned mansion in rby made it pretty creepy

Also, the creation of mr. Bonding in oras
>>
Ghetis
>Just got my legendary, it's in my team
>Surely how hard can the next fight actually be? lol
>Flawlessly counterteamed with absolute ease, and the dragon is nearly useless because Hydreigon OHKOs and outspeeds both of them.
>dennnnnnnis. dennnnnnnnis.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>31335257
This
>>
File: 1483730631749.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483730631749.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>31330261
The only thing that spooked me was in Black/White when the Musharna slowly enters the screen I thought it was some fucking fetus or something for a split second.
>>
When I was like seven playing Sapphire at release I thought I did something wrong and didn't get to Archie fast enough to stop him when Kyogre started fucking shit up and that if I fought it all my Pokemon were going to be brutally murdered on screen by a Pokemon so strong it transcended Level instead of just fainting. So I started a new game right before entering the Cave of Origin out of fear from how Steven and the nameless NPCs were hyping it up. Then when I got there again I realized it had to be done and I one-shot it with I think my horrendously overleveled by getting lost Blaziken.

I never fought Legends in my time with RBY or GSC before, so I didn't know they were just glorified regular Pokemon or that you could catch them.

Nothing else in the games have bothered me.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.