[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefreak was able to deliver a cast of well designed and memorable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 27

File: Kalos_Gym_Leaders_anime.png (1MB, 1200x393px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Gym_Leaders_anime.png
1MB, 1200x393px
Gamefreak was able to deliver a cast of well designed and memorable enough characters in generations 5 and 7, so what went wrong here?
>>
File: tumblr_nswji6pqFh1thb52oo1_500.gif (650KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nswji6pqFh1thb52oo1_500.gif
650KB, 500x324px
>>31328813

Easy. The game was shitty and the characters were literally empty.
>>
>>31328813
the anime is shit I think
>>
>>31328813
I have no idea

gen 6 is the one generation where I can't remember everyone, even though I can remember any other character from any other generation

what's wrong with me
>>
>>31328813
>gen 7
>well designed
Pick one.
>>
>>31328813
I actually like a lot of the Gen 6 character designs, it's just that the characters were so unmemorable that it drags everything else down too.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>31328813
>clemont isn't memorable in the anime
Oh you
>>
>>31328836
you need pokemon Z, like the rest of us. No one remember Pearl or Dimond only Platinum, Ruby or Sapp (not remakes) only Emerald
>>
>>31328867
Why did they skip it again?
>>
>>31328854
Clemont's one of like 5 characters in XY that were memorable. Him having a major role in the anime helps a ton, but in the game the fact that you see him outside his gym and he has a minor part in the plot makes him just slightly notable.
>>
File: k goes to work.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
k goes to work.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>31328813
The designs themselves are fine, it's just that most of them did jack in the games.

Clemont and Wulfric weren't too bad in most mediums, though.
>>
>>31328854
>MUH SCIENCE MUH SCIENCE MUH SCIENCE N-NO STOP PROPOSING TO GIRLS FOR ME BONNIE
Yeah I'll definitely remember that for years to come.
>>
File: tumblr_obcbgkuCYM1rrftcdo3_400.gif (2MB, 354x287px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obcbgkuCYM1rrftcdo3_400.gif
2MB, 354x287px
Annoying friends
Defeatist rival
Gym leaders do nothing after beating them and never leave their rooms
The one gym leader that does do extra stuff only existed for lucario pandering
Lysandre can't be taken seriously
The flare scientist are just there
Flare grunts in general are boring
Diantha is literally just there being too pretty to have a care in the world
Sycamore is alright along with his heros of justice
Malava works for flare yet they don't expand upon this neat little detail ingame for anyone to care
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>31328881
But I liked Bonnie :( and who doesn't like science?
>>
File: 1477570198807.jpg (101KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1477570198807.jpg
101KB, 1200x675px
Bonnie's ancestor looked cuter
>>
File: shhh.gif (700KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
shhh.gif
700KB, 250x141px
>>31328870
because Gamefreak DOESN'T LIKE WHEN PEOPLE TRY PREDICT THEM

their words, not mine
>>
>>31328935
She watched a guy die. She is max edge
>>
>>31328883
It's odd because plenty of the gym leaders could've had at least minor roles outside their gyms. The whole photo feature could've had the photographer girl (Olivia?) come to photograph you, Grant is mentioned to be a tastemaker, so her could've been a part of the whole fashion scene in Lumiose. I get the games were likely rushed, but this is literally stuff that's as simple as placing a pre-made 3D asset somewhere else sometimes. idk
>>
>>31328939
>doesn't like when people try to predict them
I'd get tired of stupid theories, too

Araquanid's "fake head" and Unova supposedly being Shanghai were stupid.
>>
>>31328970
MAXIMUM KEK. Unova being Shanghai? Who comes up with this stuff?
>>
>>31328970
that's why none of this board, or any other can tell what is coming next, because GF gave us the middle finger with Pokemon Z
>>
>>31328982
I have no idea, but there were people out there who actually thought Unova was based on Shanghai.

There were some good points in it, including the ferris wheel's location and all, but it all falls down when they start using Pokemon as evidence for the region's basis. Braviary is not an asian mythological eagle and you know it.

Pokemon is a world where kangaroos, penguins, rhinos, and giraffes are in Japan, koalas are in Hawaii, and pandas are in France. Using Pokemon to justify the basis of the region is stupid.
>>
>>31328813
The anime made slightly more moderate use of them but not to a noticeable extent.
>>
>>31328813
Gen 6 really needed Z. Also
>gen 7
>well designed
Top kek.
>>
>>31328813
Most memorable ones were the fairy girl with big eyes, the rollerskater, the nigger lover, and the nigger himself. For the elite four, I remember the pink haired reporter, the knight, and cook, and the old lady.

Holy shit I barely remember any of the names
>>
>>31328813
>
People only remember Elesa, Iris and N from gen 5.
>>
>>31328813

>5

No not really only N and Colress
>>
>>31328883

It was only noticeable when you realize Malva's first statement was sarcasm the second time when she states she fucking hates you

Also that side mission chasing fatty
>>
>>31328970

>araquinids fake head

What
>>
>>31328813
I dont remember half of the captains already, they're so pointless aside from the ghost chick. Same with the Aether people aside Lusamine and that Skull punk girl who never plays any role whatsoever

Other additions like Oak clone, Sina, Dexio or Colress are just pointless
>>
>>31329028

Don't be a moron

Gen 7's characters filled the void of the writing rather than forced story
>>
>>31328813
BW/BW2 initially were hated universally by normalfags. They also didn't sell that well. BW anime didn't help that either.

So they tried going back to what they did in Gen 4. XY are just Platinum in terms of characters and story. Cyrus and Lysandre are pretty much the same character, with same motives and same goal. Dawn is what the friends in XY were. Useless. Gym Leaders are literally whos.

Though the thing is, they forgot to copy the mechanical side of Gen 4. Platinum had difficulty and a lot content to keep yourself entertained. XY didn't. That's where it failed. They focused on making it 3D so much that they weren't able to make it as hard or have as much postgame content.
>>
>>31328813
Gen 7 was "literally who" at every point, from gym leaders to the elite four up to the fucking champion (no one knows who the fuck she is til this day)

The only gen.7 game character who is memorable is Lysandre, because he was the worst villain ever.
>>
>>31329436
Wait, gen 6.

These games are so forgettable, I don't even know where we are anymore lol. Everything just blends together in a big soup of "eh".
>>
File: 1484031198759.jpg (287KB, 1002x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484031198759.jpg
287KB, 1002x960px
>>31328813
>cast of well designed and memorable enough characters in generations 5 and 7
>SMcuck thinks that his gen has good characters
>>
File: 1446094213235.jpg (92KB, 851x634px) Image search: [Google]
1446094213235.jpg
92KB, 851x634px
>>31328813
>cast of well designed and memorable enough characters in generations 5 and 7
>SMcuck thinks that his gen has good characters
>COMPARES IT TO UNOVA
>>
>>31329476
>SMcuck
>not SMbryo
>>
After four games of Gym Leaders having scenes outside of the gyms giving them actual personality and backgrounds, going back to Gen 1~3 level zero presence blew, especially since every Gym Leader but the Hoenn ones are covered in those four games, and after XY even the Hoenn ones get some more characterization in ORAS with little bonus scenes after DE similar to Platinum's for the Sinnoh leaders.

Korrina, Clemont, and Wulfric are the only three to get any decent scenes. Maybe you'll remember Olympia and Valerie for their quirkiness. Then Olivia, Grant, and Ramos have just about nothing except their professions, which a character does not make. Apparently, there is more info to be learned of them all from random TV flavor text, but that's like a boo-boo kiss for a gator bite.

I like all their character designs, though. That's one area I think XY did really well on for the most part.
>>
File: 1393211482208.png (73KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
1393211482208.png
73KB, 700x979px
>>31329476
>>31329478
>samefagging this hard
>>
Kalos was the first gen where I forgot all the gym leaders and the champion after completing the story.
However, they are the most fleshed out, memorable and have some of the best battles in the anime.
Xy anime redeemed gen 6 for me.
>>
>>31328813
Too much focus on the protagonist's friends, who ended up doing nothing of importance and were ultimately just there to stroke your ego.
>>
File: 1446766702403.jpg (43KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1446766702403.jpg
43KB, 605x605px
>>31329521
>tfw forgot that I already posted in this thread
>>
>>31328883
>Gym leaders do nothing after beating them and never leave their rooms
this. even gym leaders in ORAS left their gyms at one point.
>>
>>31329943
GUYS A GYM LEADER DOESNT LEAVES THEIR GYMS HUE WHAT A SHIT GAME
>>
>>31330126
It was nice when gen 5 had them doing side stuff too.

The triplets cook
lenora and her archelogy/library
brugh and his art
elesa and her fashon show/modeling
Skyla flying that plane
Bryice being a movie star
Clay remodeling the town and making PWT
drayden being the mayor of opelucid and ...uhh....iris being the champ later
Almost all of them help stop plasma.
Memory link stuff

Heck even the e4 did side stuff...aside from grimsley who gained a serious gambling problem.
It was nice.
>>
>>31330126
Adds flavor and a slight element of reality to the games and makes the characters more enjoyable. Who seems like a character with more depth, Kiawe (aspiring dancer, hard working, apparently lonely but seems to be friends with Mallow and Lana) or Ramos (kind old man, likes gardening and tea)?

How about Grimsley (classy yet skeezy and mysterious, is a gambler, seems to value results over experiences), or Wikstrom (an honorable knight, and...?)?

Hell, even Kahili (temperamental but honest, world class golfer, believes practice makes perfect, daughter of the resort owner), or Olympia (clairvoyant, speaks in haikus)?

The point it, it makes the game more enjoyable as a whole when the characters in it are actually somewhat fleshed out, with actual qualities, beliefs, and goals, instead of just being dungeon bosses with an archetype and a sappy inspirational quote slapped on, never to be spoken to again after getting your badge and TM.
>>
>>31329419
Normalfags either dont know what bw is or hate it because.it came after gen 3.. it doesnt really factor
>>
Gamefreak tasks you with planning Pokemon Z. However, it must be a sequel to XY rather than a third version. What do you do?
>>
>>31332003
Even if what you are responding to wasnt bait, the pokemon fanbase hates any sort of story and characters that are more complex than the teletubbies so that wont convince anyone the games are good. I do agree with you though.
>>
>>31332003
The point is that can only apply it to gen 5 and 7. No reason in using it as a point against 6 if it applies to 1-2-3-4 too.
>>
>>31329008
To be fair it is clear that at least some pokemon are based off the game's region. Braviary or Bouffalant in Unova, Spritzee in Kalos, Oricorio or Marowak in Alola, etc. Obviously not every pokemon is based on an aspect of the region's culture or is even based on an animal that actually lives there but some certainly are.
>>
>>31328813
I've played through Kalos more than Sinnoh but everything from Sinnoh seems much more memorable

Kalos was so shitty it's not even funny
>>
>>31332052
GF either doesn't know that, or don't care. It was universally hated. That's a fact. Only after XY came did I start seeing some praise for it.
>>
>>31332091
Nobody ever cared about story until gen 5.

People should be less autistic and stop expecting the series to turn into a generic JRPG.
>>
>>31332180
Well, generation 4 started the trend of gym leaders actually being seen outside their gyms and getting a good deal of characterization. Volkner's depression and friendship with Flint, Gardenia's fear of ghost pokemon, Byron underestimating Roark and treating him like a child still, Crasher Wake being haughty as hell but kind and caring about his town, etc. On top of that, every single gym leader from Kanto and Johto was encounterable outside their gyms in HGSS. In BW, the gym leaders were pretty involved in the fight against Team Plasma, which lead to the epic moment when all of them (aside from the Striaton trio) fight the 7 sages. B2W2 introduced 3 more new gym leaders, one of which was your rival in BW, and the other two who are also fleshed out a bit (Roxie and her issues with her father becoming an actor, Marlon being so carefree that he doesn't even realize who Team Plasma are).

SM didn't really have that level of characterization, but each character has a decent amount of personality of little details about them you can find out. XY pretty much failed on all levels with that, with >>31328883 surmising it pretty well. I'm just a bit curious how they dropped the ball for XY's plot, characters, and region design.
>>
>>31328813
Japanese people don't know what Europe is like and they didn't know how to fill it with people.
>>
>>31336140
>implying that the pokeworld has to resemble its real life inspiration
>>
>>31336120
>I'm just a bit curious how they dropped the ball for XY's plot, characters, and region design.
It didn't. It's only /vp/ faggots hating on it because it's cool.

Everybody loved XY. It revived the series.
>>
>>31336608
Nah. There a lot of people hating XY outside of /vp/ too.
>>
File: shit.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
>>31336669
Just like "there a lot" of people hating SM.

That cover poster was right.
>>
>>31328813
>Gen7
>memorable

Also gen 6's character development went into the anime.
>>
>>31328827
This
XY were the most poorly written games in the series bar none.
At least the other generations have fun with the campiness of everything going on, XY is just annoying and it doesn't help that more than half the game is spent pretending that mega evolutions aren't the most simple shit in the world.
This is the only generation I can think of where there is not one (1) new character that I actually like or even give a remote shit about while playing the game. That's an accomplishment.
>>
>>31328881
>implying anyone in the anime can't be broken down to that level
This is why you don't watch the Pokemon anime
>>
>>31336608
>Everybody loved XY. It revived the series.
So all it takes is a lot of nostalgia pandering to revive the series and get everyone interested again, whereas the Gens that offered a lot of different things(4-5) are considered the worst in the franchise.

This fandom must be pretty retarded then.
>>
>>31328854
XY is the only series where the anime is better than the games, unless SM delivers.
>>
>>31328813
XY sucked ass but I liked ORAS' characters better than BW or SM.
>>
>>31337001
But the anime, while complementary to the games, should not be necessary for the different aspects of the plot/characters to be enjoyed. The characters should be enjoyable and developed enough in their base games.
>>
>>31338039
No, it took the first entry with 3D graphics, a smooth interface, one of most varied regional dexes in the series' history, gameplay features that have a "wow" factor ("we split physical/special" doesn't look as flashy as Megas or Z-Moves in marketing) and massive pandering to casual play. The nostalgia pandering was a bonus, but they do that every gen.

Normalfags don't play Pokemon for the story. tbqh this is one point where they're smarter than the fans, Pokemon's story is always shit no matter how much you guys want to argue otherwise.
>>
File: wow stop posting anytime.png (172KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
wow stop posting anytime.png
172KB, 361x691px
>>31329419
>XY are just Platinum in terms of characters and story
Fucking what
Lucas/Dawn are non-characters but they don't need to be, they're just the Professor's assistant, not your butt buddy like Brendan/May were and they're not leeching onto you every other route like the fucksticks in XY.
Barry is miles better of a rival than Calem/Serena.
Cyrus and Lysandre have a totally different motive. Cyrus isn't particularly interesting but he's just plainly selfish and uncaring, while Lysandre's goals don't make any sense and the way he goes about them is hypocritical. We don't even know why Lysandre is such a screwball, they at least gave Cyrus a barebones excuse.
The Sinnoh Gym Leaders have ten times the depth of the Kalos Leaders. Byron and Roark have a father/son dynamic going on, Volkner is aloof and depressive, Maylene inherited her gym from her gambling addict father and is good friends with Candice, etc. The Kalos leaders are cardboard cutouts aside from Korrina and Wulfric who are still basic one-notes. Even the Kanto Leaders got more in FR/LG, hell even by GSC.
>>
>>31329419
>So they tried going back to what they did in Gen 4

Gen 6 is similar to Gen 4 in that it's more of the same, but it lacks the polish and intricacies that Gen 4 had in it's years of perfecting the formula.
>>
File: black guy.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
black guy.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>31328813
>Gen 5

>Memorable

kek?
>>
>>31338919
Okay, between BW and XY, who are the more interesting characters?

Cilan vs. Viola
Lenora vs. Grant
Burgh vs. Korrina
Elesa vs. Ramos
Clay vs. Clemont
Skyla vs. Valerie
Brycen vs. Olympia
Drayden/Iris vs. Wulfric

Shauntal vs. Malva
Marshal vs. Siebold
Grimsley vs. Wikstrom
Caitlin vs. Drasna
Alder vs. Diantha

Ghetsis vs. Lysandre
>>
>>31328881
>The future is now thanks to science

Then why you always using technology and NOT science?

The only good character was Bonnie and only because she was hot as fuck
>>
>>31329084
>memorable gen 5 characters
>no Colress or Ghetsis
>wat
>>
>>31336669
Not really, people praise XY quite a lot. What you're thinking of is BW.
>>
>>31329084
1. that's wrong
2. That's already more than XY
>>
File: 1462848275776.png (23KB, 205x185px) Image search: [Google]
1462848275776.png
23KB, 205x185px
>>31328813
>Gen 5 had memorable characters
>Gen 6 had boring characters
>Gen 7 had interesting characters

>mfw Gen 8 will have boring characters
>>
>>31339206
>Pokemon has boring characters
FTFY senpai

Some of you people overrate Gen 5 like crazy, and I say this even as Gen 5 is my favorite. Most of them have like 2 or 3 extra lines compared to typical gym leaders. That's better yes, but not worth shitting yourself in awe over.

Also putting the Gym Leaders' sprites in a couple extra cutscenes doesn't make for a better character. It makes the world make a bit more sense, yeah (because realistically people shouldn't be sitting around with their thumbs up their asses when a guy shows up and says he wants to blow everything up), but that's not what character development is.
>>
Gen 5 is the best when it comes to characters (for pokemon standards)
The gym leaders were actually people, they helped you and at some point met them outside of their gyms. The villans were pretty different from before so that's new. Both champions were kind of there but Iris is pretty memorable I guess.
>>
>>31339290
Little things like extra lines and extra appearances gives a pretty big impact because of how shallow pokemon characters actually are.

Unova just so happens to have 2 games so the characters got a lot of exposure. They even made the effort to make some of the gym leaders be connected in the story and some help you throughout it.
>>
>>31339299
Iris really doesn't have anything outstanding about her aside from the novelty of being colored and being a loli character.

I honestly preferred the seasoned veteran character of Alder. I'm old fashioned and prefer more classic mentor archetypes.
>>
>>31339435
I just said Iris was pretty memorable because she's a main character from the anime, really. Aaand I think nobody really expected her to be the new champ so that's something else.

I liked Alder but I wish they gave him more exposure.
>>
>>31339051
I only remember the BW gym leaders because they were somewhat of a challenge.
same for B2W2.
>>
>>31329419
Cyrus is a much better than Lysandre and probably the best Pokemon game villain. I don't see how they're anything alike.

Also DPPt was the first gen where the gym leaders appear and do stuff outside of they gyms, they're not literally whos.
>>
File: Kefka-ffvi-ios-final.png (24KB, 254x255px) Image search: [Google]
Kefka-ffvi-ios-final.png
24KB, 254x255px
>>31339765
>le nihilistic villain meme
>>
>>31338919
You people always seem to remember it for opening hate threads.

Figures.

>>31338892
>lacks the polish and intricacies that Gen 4 had
>literally gen 3.5 is polished

JUST
>>
File: 1484011888130.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484011888130.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>31338039
>This fandom must be pretty retarded then.
No, /vp/ is retarded by actually saying that "everyone" hated the game that they personally dislike, and proceeding to nitpick bullshit reasons.
>>
>>31328813
I feel like I enjoyed the XYZ anime better than others because I didn't play X or Y.

I can't get into the other seasons at all.
>>
>People unironically comparing Gen V's leaders to Gen VI's
Wipe this meme from the face of the earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJMuU9XGLvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTFLxeg6tg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9zULU-C_WE
>>
>>31328813
There's a gym leader whose thing is she wears rollerblades and a helmet and pads at all times which, and I mean this mean quite literally, makes her look like a flamboyant retard. Then she's Fighting-tyoe for no reason other than "lol exercise" with a team that is 100% unfitting. And her grandpappy (the worst design in the entire fucking series) makes her the Mega master or whatever, this same child who wears rollerblades and a helmet and pads at all times.

Then GF forces this character on you several times, even though she has no development and is just a walking (ahem, rolling) gimmick.

The big problem is most gym leaders aren't seen out of their gyms or chateau. Most of them, except for Grant, Clemont, and Wulfric, don't feel real at all.
>>
>>31339151
I am seeing more praising for BW recently. And a lot more of hate for XY, probably because we now have Sun/Moon and the "3D" graphics from gen 6 are not impressive anymore.
>>
ah hello, i see you have reached the bottom. welcome, weary traveller, for you are in a faraway land, that you may rest in. should this someday not be the end, let you find peace in a resting spot.
>>
File: Pepe_afb104_5583479.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_afb104_5583479.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>31341487
>SM will go the same route once the next gen is released
>>
Only Gen 1 & 2 are good.

Any attempt at "story" or "lore" just ends up being an epic quest to save the world. Pokemon was designed as a sandbox game and worked best as a sandbox game.

The greatest moment in Pokemon for me was stumbling on Zapdos in the out of the way Power Plant in Yellow. I wasn't forced there by the plot or an erotocized ten year old girl strongarming her way into my game via cutscene. I was just exploring the game world and chanced upon something credible. Even better, there wasn't any hackneyed backstory to ruin the experience. Zapdos was simply hidden away and up to the player to interact with on his own terms.

Gen 2 incorporated lore, but in an atmospheric way, so that I felt like I was part of a world much bigger than me. Turning the player into The Chosen One has the opposite effect of good world building. It lets me know it's a crappy game with a lazy, overdone plotline.
>>
>>31341661
What do you mean by that
>>
>>31341845
Look, I know you are 38 on 4chan but it's okay, you can improve yourself. Get out more. Make some friends, get a gf or something.
>>
>>31341661
Yeah, probably, but is still better than gen 6.
>>
>>31328813
i assume they were too busy making a metric shitload of 3D models. that's my best guess for why gen 6 felt soulless and forgettable
>>
>>31340802
Cyrus is nothing like Kefka either
>>
File: 20170105_021406.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170105_021406.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>31341876
How old do you think Pokemon is you worthless Gen 4 goomba? I'm a shitty millennial crybaby just like you

I just have better taste in vidya
>>
>>31342045
>Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go...? Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!
>>
File: 1464860274199.jpg (45KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
1464860274199.jpg
45KB, 650x700px
>>31341959
This
XY should've been delayed for at least a year, then they might've been decent... somewhat... slightly... almost... maybe
>>
>>31339765
Kek, stay mad, fedoralord.
>>
File: 1483755444520.png (2MB, 1308x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1483755444520.png
2MB, 1308x1700px
>>31341845
My african american friend. This guy knows quality.
>>
>>31328813
I remember more of the XY gym leaders than BW.

BW had Clay, Lenora, and some others. XY had Valerie, Viola, Grant, Korrina, and some others.
>>
>>31340831
This
>Lel I don't even remember a thing about Gen 5?
>Makes another overly-detailed hate thread
>>
>>31341845
So are you still playing the recent Pokemon games or you're just here because?
>>
>>31340831
>everyone who disagrees with me is one person!

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you unovabortions to understand that a lot of people hate gen 5.
>>
>>31328813

DEFEND IT KALOSHITTERS

I BET YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE FLARE ADMINS
>>
>>31343232
>anyone who disagrees with me is just one person!
Where the fuck did he even say that? He clearly said>you people
You Gen 5 bashers need reading comprehension.
>>
>>31343183
I've played most of the titles. Skipped Gen 5 completely. The games are still enjoyable. I bought Moon and I'm having a good time: the world has the virtue of seeming unlike anything I've seen before in the series. But it would have been enough for me to be a snot-nosed immigrant from Kanto figuring out the local customs and busting up the native baddies rather than saving the world from aliens and being dragged into someone else's family drama. The plot forces me along when I'd rather be free to explore and become a great trainer on my own terms.

I also keep naively hoping they'll return to the sandbox format
>>
File: 1471071139186.png (3MB, 2243x3744px) Image search: [Google]
1471071139186.png
3MB, 2243x3744px
>>31328813
After staring at this picture for a while I realize I don't recognize any of them. Other gym leaders, or trial captains, if I don't know their names I at the very least recognize them. I say this as someone that liked Gen 6, or at least I thought I did... It's been a while
>>
I think the short answer is the main marketing gimmick and biggest overall appeal to gen 6 was vastly improved graphics and new gameplay mechanics & minigames (Mega evolutions, fairy type, pokemon-amie, super training etc.) so they weren't really focusing on story & characters. Which is fair.
The only problem is it came immediately after gem 5, which was considered the best game so far in regards to story, not to mention the gen afterwards came out with an even better story / characters, while retaining gen 6's graphics, and coming out with some new features of its own (regional variants, ultrabeasts, trials).

Really though the biggest problem with gen 6 was team flare. Gen 3 already gave us fire themed enemies and they were cooler looking anyway. They're boss is probably my least favorite.

(I actually did like most of the kalos gym leaders even though they didn't do much. I actually thought they had some neat desogns. Their elite four still kinda sucked though.)
>>
File: star fox.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
star fox.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>31341959
>made 3d battle models for
>Serena
>Those annoying friends
>Flare grunts
>Flare grunt admins or whatever they're called
>Flare 4 scientist girls
>That Bleached skinned flare scientist
>Lysandre
>Holocaster Malava but not in battle
>Sycamore
>AZ

>Couldn't be assed to made to make a battle model for the champion of the region

Lord knows diantha didn't deserve one but the fact that she of all people didn't get a 3D battle model over many of those listed above is baffling as heck.
>>
>>31345506
The only vaguely good thing Team Flare in my opinion was pic related and that's it
>>
>>31345786
The chibi physically hurts to look at now.
>>
File: Korrina 02374023.png (248KB, 564x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Korrina 02374023.png
248KB, 564x1200px
>>31328813
The only shit design is Valerie to be honest, she doesn't belong in Pokemon with those alien eyes. A girl like Korrina could never be forgotten, she was the introduction to mega evolution and is a beautiful Aryan girl.
>>
>>31339078
Calm down pedo bear
>>
>>31345967
She looks legitimately retarded with her helmet and pads on ALL THE TIME.
>>
>>31343270

Tell us all the names of the seven sages.

Good luck
>>
>>31339765
>Wants to destroy the world because they think its shit
>Are apparently geniuses
>Plans to summon Gods to do this
>Always go around telling everyone of their plan, no one takes them seriously

They were exactly the same. Lysandre's ties with AZ and actually having the balls to die made him better than Cyrus, if anything.
>>
>>31338826
>Lucas/Dawn are non-characters but they don't need to be, they're just the Professor's assistant
Same can be said for the others. They just had a bit more screentime.

>Barry is miles better of a rival than Calem/Serena.
In terms of difficulty? Yes. Otherwise no.

>Cyrus and Lysandre have a totally different motives
They were handled pretty much the same.

>The Sinnoh Gym Leaders have ten times the depth of the Kalos Leaders
Sure, they fucking do. Last I checked, no one even remembered most of them. Their gimmicks are just as shit as XY Gym Leaders. Since some XY leaders, like Korrina and Clemont, actually have some role, I'd argue they're better than Sinnoh leaders.
>>
>>31349714
Barry is way better than Calem/Serena. He actually motivates you to keep going forward with how he's always one step ahead and proves to be a legitimate threat time and time again. Calem/Serena are just there.
>>
>>31328813
Shit OST
>>
>>31349644
Having a few extremely general similarities doesn't make them even close to exactly the same. Cyrus doesn't even want to destroy the world, he wants to recreate it into one without spirit. Lysandre wants to kill everyone except for Flare because...he hates poor people I guess?

Plenty of other Pokemon villains summon legendaries for their plans. And plenty of other Pokemon villains are also not taken seriously at first.
>>
>>31328813
At least they're objectively better than gen 4 and 5 gym leaders.
>>
>>
>>31350303
He doesn't hate poor people, he loves them, that's one of the reasons he hates the current society. Did you even play the game?
>>
>>31328867

>No one Remembers Pokémon Diamond or Pearl

Bait, Just Nice Bait
>>
>>31329291
Did you even talk to the NPCs, or had a rematch with them afterward? They all had rather memorable backstories that made them endearing. Even 'lol malasada' Hau was memorable, especially when you defeat him in a Champion defense match. You just want to give that guy a hug after beating him down hard.
>>
>>31328813
They left the anime team to give them personality. Which isn't bad by any means, but gave creation to something that we all undoubtedly know is the cancer killing this franchise

Korrinafags
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.