[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone find this design fascinating? Its the first pokemon ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 781Dhelmise_Dream.png (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
781Dhelmise_Dream.png
65KB, 300x300px
Anyone find this design fascinating? Its the first pokemon ever to have 3 STABs and doesn't have to deal with the extra weaknesses of Steel(fuck you Earthquake). I feel they probably wanted Dhelmise to be triple typed but later decided to give it Psuedo STAB instead. Pokes with extra STAB that don't affect their defensive match ups would create room for more interesting designs.
>>
triple typings will be a gen 8 gimmick like dual typed moves
>>
>>31325352
>What is Protean

Yes this is subtle bait. Some of you fuckers still couldn't get it after the Smogon Pebbles thread.
>>
losing it's ability slot for the opportunity to have steel stab isn't really worth it imo.

it would have been better off being water/steel or with access to some grass moves and a different ability.
>>
>>31325408
Is it worth it for it's trapping move though?
>>
>>31325408
It doesn't really make sense for it to be a water type.

I get that most water types are aquatic animals that get water slapped on them because they live underwater, but this isn't even that. It's just a hunk of Seaweed strapped to some metal and wooden junk.

If they wanted to make it Ghost/Steel, or even Grass/Steel if they decided to do away with saying the seaweed is haunted and just say it's alive, I'd be fine with that, but Water doesn't really make much sense for it.
>>
>>31325408
Why so? I find the grass typing to be perfect for Dhelmise.
>>
>>31325352
Dhelmise would have killed to have any of its current types to gain Steel's types weaknesses and more importantly, resistances.
>>
>>31325470
yeah i can agree with that. i wonder if they were hesitant to do ghost/steel considering how similar it is to aegislash.

really tho, steel is a great defensive type...and a decent attacking type. i think dhelmise would have benefitted from being steel and having access to grass moves instead of the reverse.

>>31325457
trapping isn't a huge deal especially for a slow pokemon. i can only assume gyro ball hits harder at 40 base speed.
>>
Could a Red Card @ Anchor Shot set work? What do people think?
>>
>ghost type physical attacker
What a waste
>>
>>31325530
>Shadow Force and Sneak
>>
>>31325609
not anon, but Dhelmise's best ghost type physical attack is Shadow Claw

unless you were just talking about those moves in general
>>
>>31325530
I feel like it would've been off grass steel.
I'm fine with physical attacking ghost types, but they need to be fast to counter other ghost types.
>>
>>31325506
>i wonder if they were hesitant to do ghost/steel considering how similar it is to aegislash.
That may be the case but I kinda doubt it, you also have to remember that they introduced 2 Grass/Ghosts this gen and 2 last gen, so I don't think they care that much about repeating type combinations.
>>
File: 1483765211167-pol.png (662KB, 698x617px) Image search: [Google]
1483765211167-pol.png
662KB, 698x617px
>>31325609
>phantom force
>they can switch out or even protect
>it eats up an extra turn of trick room
>>
>>31325776
>>they can protect
>he doesn't know
>>
>>31325776
Phantom Force hits through Protect since XY
>>
>>31325457
Trapping effect on moves just isn't useful. Shadow Tag, Arena Trap and Magnet Pull are powerful abilities because they happen without a chance to prevent them. Moves like Spider Web and Mean Look are not useful because reaction switches will happen before the move and not after.
>>
>>31325815
>>31325794
Interesting. Still never a move I'll run on anything other than harvest stall trevenant but interesting.
>>
>>31325815
Phantom Force didn't exist prior to XY.
>>
>>31325900
Dhelmise doesn't have Harvest, but it's still so fun to use as stall.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.