[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God tier >Team Rocket >Aether Foundation Good tier >Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: teamrocket.jpg (17KB, 441x457px) Image search: [Google]
teamrocket.jpg
17KB, 441x457px
God tier
>Team Rocket
>Aether Foundation
Good tier
>Team Plasma
>Team Galactic
OK tier
>Team Flare
>Team Skull
Shit tier
>Team Aqua/MagmaAlthough I did like their games you have to admit their plans were objectively and undeniably retarded.
>>
>>31322982
Flare is absolute dogshit and forgettable bar Malva
>>
>>31322982
>Team Rocket
>God Tier

For what reason?
>>
I think Team Rocket is the best because they're just bad people and they add a bit of realism in something that didn't have much of it to begin with. Personally, I felt like I really did something when I finally took them down. They were meh in Johto though.
>>31323015
Yeah, now that I think about it team Flare is shit tier. I was thinking about Lysander when I wrote that.
>>
>>31323042
>>31323034
To add to that, every evil team since then has been "durr we're gonna destroy the world" and they weren't really intimidating at all. Team Rocket is an example of what people would probably actually do if Pokemon were real. It adds to the immersion.
>>
Aqua is shit because they are trying to flood Hoenn, but Hoenn it's already flooded.

Magma, by the other hand, did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1482989130007.gif (1MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1482989130007.gif
1MB, 580x433px
>>31322982
>Putting Team Skull in the same tier as Team Flare
>>
>>31323072
To be fair, I can see people doing what Team Plasma does. Not all the Ghetsis stuff, but the "FREE YOUR POKÉMON" thing.
>>
>>31323104
That's why I had it in a high tier. Maybe it should go above the Aether Foundation. But that was a really good twist.
>>
>>31322982
Rocket sucks ass and Aqua/Magma are the best teams in terms of characters.
>>
>>31323072
>every evil team since then has been "durr we're gonna destroy the world" and they weren't really intimidating at all. Team Rocket is an example of what people would probably actually do if Pokemon were real
By that logic, Skull should be in the same tier, if not at least good tier
>>
>>31323390
True, but I wasn't ever really intimidated by them. They were just troubled kids.
>>
GOD TIER
Team Rocket
Neo Team Rocket
Cipher

NEW CLASSICS TIER
Aether Foundation

GREAT MUSIC TIER
Team Plasma
Neo Team Plasma
Team Galactic

GOOD TIER
Team Skull

OK TIER
Neo Team Aqua
Neo Team Magma

BAD TIER
OG Team Aqua
OG Team Magma
Team Snagem
Team Flare
I don't rank Skull that high because I'm not convinced they're going to be that memorable. They have more character than Team Flare, but they suffer a similar issue - Guzma alone can't carry their reputation in the long term.

I think if a Stars does come out and they pull out all the stops on, e.g. Po Town, they could rank right next to Rocket(!), but I think Po Town is a good example.. they literally fucked up some town that feels like it is straight outta the ghetto of Orre in Colosseum, but you never really go back and realize how fucked up that could've been. They don't have any memorable takeover a la Cipher Co., the Goldenrod Radio Tower, or anything crazy like Realgam Tower in Colosseum.
>>
>>31322982
God tier
>Team Rocket
>Team Plasma
Good
>Team Skull
>Aether Foundation
>Team Aqua/Magma
Shit tier
>Team GalacticEveryone looks retarded and Cyrus is the only ok one who just walks away after losing never to be seen again in DP. The admins quit in Plat because they aren't having fun without Cryus. Bullshit plan and goal that just cemented the idea of evil teams just using legendary pokemon, also trash pacing. I enjoy Platinum though
>Team Flare
>>
>>31323531
I guess I could split up OG Magma/Aqua and Johto team rocket to Ok
>>
>>31322982
>aether
>anything but Shit
Nice b8 m8.
>>
>>31323015
Fuck off waifufag. Lysandre is the only remotely good thing about Flare.
>>
Gonna have to defend Galactic ITT.

Maybe I'm biased, but I remember who Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn are, their personalities, and roughly some of their Pokemon. Even my favorite team, Rocket, doesn't have as memorable a set of admins in HGSS, and it puts them way above Flare - you literally can't name any Flare character other than Lsyandre and maybe Xerosic, and you definitely can't remember their personalities/Pokemon/anything they say or do in the game.

Remember this slanted shit-talking you guys are doing when the DP remakes come out and you realize what you're taking for granted with Galactic.
>>
>>31322982
God Tier
>Team Plasma
>Aether Foundation
Good tier
>Team Rocket
>Team Aqua/Magma
>Team Galactc
Ok tier
>Team Flare
Shit tier
>Team Skull
>>
>>31323619
>remeber their teams

You only battle each one twice and they all go Bronzor/Golbat/Ace

The only reason I can remeber them over X and Y is because their names are planets not made up other planet themed words
>>
>>31323762
Doesn't matter why you remember them, you do. If Galactic had a better source of inspiration that helped make their plot more memorable, I don't know why that'd be a point against them.
>>
>>31323619
>memorable a set of admins
No team has an actually memorable set of Admins. Maybe Skull, only, since there's only Plumeria.
>>
>>31323927
Flare is unironically Galactic gone wrong
>>
>>31322982
I would demote flare but other than that it's a solid list
>>
>>31323530
>Neo Team Rocket
>GOD TIER
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
What was Team Skull's objective, other than being butthurt at captains and kahunas?
>>
>>31322982
>Good tier
>Plasma
Their uniforms were even dumber looking than original Magma.
>>
>>31324517
they were secretly a part of the aether foundation

also, they're just a gang
>>
>>31324517
Causing trouble and getting cash. And having Hilarous grunts
>>
Best uniforms (girls)
Team Magma > Team Skull > Team Aqua > Team Plasma (spy) > Team Plasma (knight) > Team Rocket > POWER GAP > Team Galactic > Team Flare
>>
>>31322982
>Aether Foundation
>God tier

Nah Lusamine ideals were retarded and the aether paradise was built by her rich daddy
>>
>No Team Snagem

shit list
>>
Best uniform (guys)
Aether > Team Aqua > Team Magma > Team Plasma (spy) > Team Rocket > Team Plasma (knight) > Team Skull > Team Flare > Team Galactic

>>31324563
Forgot about Aether, it's between Team Skull and Team Aqua.
>>
I think Skull should be higher because even if they weren't exactly good as an evil team, they had significantly more personality as an overall group than any of the other teams had. They have a solid, realistic motivation, that is, being a group of teenagers that fell into a gang due to poverty and/or bad home lives and the high expectations of the trial challenges. They have chemistry and some sort of camaraderie between their members, and their leader, who is also a drop-out like the rest of them. They keep being 'evil' but for the most part, kind of suck at it because they only do it for the money they get from the Aether foundation and to survive. And their existence justifies Aether's work (team skull terrorizes a certain Pokemon, allowing Aether to have an excuse to take them in and do whatever they want to them). I don't understand how they could even be remotely on the same rank as Team Flare which was 'spend money to not get killed' while their leader prattled on about how greedy the world was getting.
>>
>>31324583
Orre were my favorite games but Snagem were forgettable trash
>>
>>31324578
>Cool twist
>Good music on island
>Sense of mystery
>Creepy
>Not all of them were bad and Wicke helped you so it added complexity
>>
Rocket's got the best motivations, they just want to run a business, though they come off as pathetic in Johto. Pretty bland admins in Johto too, though I blame the stifled script of English HGSS.

Magma and Aqua are absolute dogshit in RSE with bland admins and absolutely zero thought or caution placed in their retarded plans, ORAS fixes all that but they still at the core have retarded motivations and the whole "Zinnia is the brains behind the Groudon/Kyogre incident" thing undermines them.

Galactic is solid, memorable admins, encounters almost all play into a bigger story, grand but not totally retarded motivation. Pluto totally sucks though and felt out of place. Not much else to say about them.

Was never a fan of Plasma, but it's mostly a form of bias because I get too pissed over how the first encounter is vauge as to whether they're well-intentioned or not, but then they are shown literally kicking a Munna and it seems clear they're just plain bad, then they barely try to do damage control afterwards until they make the faction split clear at the very end, which is the only point that the dialogue does a good job of making it seem like any grunts care about liberating Pokemon. BW2 terrorist Plasma is bland I feel, but seeing the clash between factions and Ghetsis trying to kill you was cool, and your rival's direct involvement with the evil team through the events of BW1 was nice.

Flare I think is generally pretty underrated, the grunts had very amusing dialogue to me, they were like Galactic in that most of their encounters played into their grand plan, and I like Lysandre, Xerosic, and Malva a lot. I like the general background to the team too, but the issue is while there's a lot just told to you or that can be inferred if you think enough about it, none of it is really shown or elaborated on. Like several things in XY. Also, the four scientist ladies are completely forgettable, easily the worst admins. No decent fights either.
>>
>>31324912
Skull is simple, but good. Memorable important characters, simple motivations that are executed well, only reason I see to not like them is the grunt dialogue is a bit hit-or-miss and some might think they're lame because they're not the "main" baddies or not very grandiose. Which isn't a problem, I say Pokemon's plots should avoid being grandiose.

Aether I don't really like. The twist is horribly executed with almost no buildup and their presence is a bit too small, especially as villains. Not a fan of Lusamine either with her entire motivation being hand waved with how she was on space drugs she didn't do anything wrong. Her being genuinely broken by her husband's disappearance would've been more compelling.
>>
File: 1482206246319.jpg (72KB, 528x606px) Image search: [Google]
1482206246319.jpg
72KB, 528x606px
>>31323083
dude i just realized that......

fuck aqua
>>
>>31322982
if you switched aether and skull id agree entirely.
>>
>>31322982
Switch Team Flare and Team Aqua/Magma.
>>
God tier
>Rocket
>Galactic
Good tier
>Plasma
>Skull
OK tier
>Magma
>Flare
Shit tier
>Aqua
Not really an villainous organization
>Aether
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57KB, 184x184px
>>31322982
>>Team Plasma
>>Team Galactic
Sinnohfetus detected.

Galactic are exactly the same as Aqua/Magma, just rehashed to be less interesting and more generic. Plasma are just Rocket with a micron-thin layer of Greenpeace paint. Here's hoping the remakes fix your shitty generations.
>>
File: IMG_3577.gif (841KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3577.gif
841KB, 450x254px
>>31323582
>m-muh beauty
>preserve what's good and beautiful by hiring dumb self centered fucks who just happened to be rich
>i love pokemon so I'LL KILL THEM
>when resources are limited people fight so LET'S TAKE CONTROL OF THE POKEBALL FACTORY AND PROMOTE THE RICH GETTING RICHER
>>
>>31322982
Rocket was retarded in both of their gens. Their whole shtick in both games was
>loiter around in a cave to steal things
>have their poorly concealed base ruined by a child
>invade an office building
The other teams aren't any better, but at least some of them had good boss battles, which rocket didn't.
>>
>>31325696
Giovanni was a very memorable battle. Both times.
>>
>>31323412
If you see anyone dressed like that in real life, they won't just run off if you beat one of them.

Real life has guns.
>>
>>31326842
Yeah... but I have monsters at my command that probably won't be happy that they shot me.
>>
>>31322982
>Top
Rocket, Skull. Down to earth teams that work well and aren't stupidly unrealistic.
>Good
Plasma, Aether. Interesting takes on the big organization teams, and they shook the formula instead of being the normal legendary hunters.
>OK
Galactic, Flare. Generic "imma capture this legend and alter the world because the world fucked me over" teams. Gross.
>Shit
Aqua, Magma. Pants on head retarded.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.