[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is pokemon black and white so underrated? it had such good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: blackandwhite.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
blackandwhite.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
why is pokemon black and white so underrated? it had such good things and yet everybody shits on it and likes the sequels better

-intoduces N, perhaps the greatest antagonist in the pokemon frnachise to date
-awesome music, Vs N,Elite Four,Skyarrow Bridge etc
-original pokemon designs, the starters and their last evolutions

Seriously /vp/, tell me why you hate these games,

this is not bait btw, just a question i wanted to ask you all
>>
File: unova2.jpg (266KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
unova2.jpg
266KB, 900x1350px
seizing first post
>>
>Inb4 the starters are shit along with most of the pokemon in Gen V

the only huge shitters in Gen V are most of the monkeys, Emboar, Garbodor and the Vaniluxe line.
>>
>>31322750
>N gets reshiram
>the hero of truths

i can see this being true
>>
>>31322734
>muh sprites!
>muh icecream!
>>
>>31322801
>implying i liked the Vaniluxe evolutions
haha
>>
File: emboar worst starter.png (16KB, 653x191px) Image search: [Google]
emboar worst starter.png
16KB, 653x191px
>>31322783
>Emboar is bad

couldn't agree more
how do you expect me to beat the E4 when 3 of them are super effective aganist it
>>
>>31322734
I feel like most of the hate simply comes from the designs. If people took the stick out their asses and tried it without complaining first they might get a feel for it. Maybe even like it, who knows.

If you hate the designs that much then hack your favorite Pokemon in and play like that.
>>
File: 1456775965042.gif (1018KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
1456775965042.gif
1018KB, 400x293px
Removal of any previous gens was great. It felt really refreshing to use different mons. Too bad that people were so off put by it it'll never happen again.
>>
>>31322842
>how do you expect me to beat the E4 when 3 of them are super effective aganist it
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>31322842
>how do you expect me to beat the E4 when 3 of them are super effective aganist it

>Emboar is Fire/Fighting

>E4 is
>Fighting
>Psychic
>Dark
>Ghost

One is equal to three?
>>
>>31322878
i actually TRIED to use Tepig, he was great for every gym until i got to the E4

fuck you Shauntal
fuck you Caitlin
fuck you Marshal and your fucking stone edge/bounce
>>
>>31322856
I don't think it's even the actual designs themselves are the problem with the people who hate it. It's more of a scapegoat if anything.

It's probably more that they were given just new mon to play with.
>>
L=A
>>
Loved the all fresh Pokédex. Hated linearity and lack of challenge. Overall better than average Pokémon for me.
>>
Super autists can't handle playing a game without transferring their charizard "bro" over immediately.
>>
BW1 has the worst level curve in that several of its new Pokemon can't be used during the main adventure without gross overleveling. Even DP at least you can trade eggs of the Pokemon they stupidly restricted to post-game to it at the start of the run and use the likes of Lickilicky or Magnezone reasonably, while Pokemon like Volcarona, Vanilluxe, Braviary, and Hydreigon are out of reach in level from the around Level 50 final fights of BW1. BW2 is better about it, only Hydreigon is really unreasonable, even then it's reasonable under Challenge Mode's curve.

Unova as a region is rather boring in BW1, it doesn't help that it focuses on the bland northwest Unova instead of the far more flavorful northeast Unova during its maingame. BW2 meanwhile does follow northeast Unova in its main story, adds flavor to old areas like Drifveil and Castelia, and adds tons of great new areas.

BW2 in general has much more content and variety which leads to greater longevity and potential for someone to find a reason to like the game.

Personally, I don't care for the story in either, but BW2's story feels less head-up-own-ass, the player's presence feels more natural, and Hugh's silly revenge quest is more amusing than the half-baked development they gave Cheren and Bianca in BW1.
>>
>>31323306
O-powers and audino exist as well as the free lucky egg. Leveling for the main game was never an issue outside of Hydreigon. Volcarona was post game.
There's optional areas you didn't explore in Unova 1 apparently which is where all of that flavor was in addition to the areas within the cities.

To sum things up, play the game.
>>
>>31322734
Because B2W2 outclasses it in literally everything except story. And also,
>intoduces N, perhaps the greatest antagonist in the pokemon frnachise to date
The only reason you like N is probably because he's autistic like you, which is why you relate to him. Ghetsis is already a better antagonist and he's in the same game.
>>
>>31323400
But I did on launch, and both yet again only two months ago. BW1 I did primarily because people told me my viewpoint on it was incorrect with and I wanted to give the games another fair shake just in case my memory was failing me. Everything I said is true.

Levelling isn't an issue, but if you want to use the final evolutions of some Pokemon during the main adventure, it can't be done unless you want to curbstomp everything.

Also while the stationary Volcarona is postgame, you can obtain a Larvesta egg in maingame. Y'know, if you go back and do that exploring you say I never did.
>>
- Starters are shit.
- Most new Pokemon suck.
- Lack of access to old Pokemon, bro or not aside, sucks. This was a misstep when RS came out (I'd guess a huge reason people prefer Emerald to RS is that RS didn't make it obvious you were gonna get your favorite Kanto- and Johto- monsters that RS left out back, whereas Emerald has FRLG before it and greater access in itself as well). Not sure why they doubled down on it in BWB2W2.
- The story is overrated.
- Does anyone ever feel compelled to revisit these games?

Will give credit for the amazing battle themes these games have. (Most of the overworld OST sucks but let's not dwell.)
>>
>>31322783
Nope, just the monkeys. Emboar is great, best starter easy, Garbodor is ok, and ice cream is great!!
>>
>>31322842
Easy, have a good fucking team!!
>>
>>31322734
N is probably the best character GF has put out but to call him the antagonist is a stretch
>>
>>31323821
more of a understood semi antagonist
>>
>>31323855
*misunderstood
>>
>>31322925
What are you even on about? I solo'd Black and Black 2 with Emboar. Dude thrashed the league in both games.
>>
>>31323855
I guess he was your obstacle but he really didn't mean any harm. He just had to figure out shit for himself after only seeing one side to life. He started to like Pokémon and saw how they liked him, but he couldn't go back on being champion. He was designed like a protagonist a bit almost too with the hat like the protagonists hats

He had one of the coolest gimmicks for battle and somethinh called N run came up
>>
>>31322734
>-intoduces N,
He will never be seen again (barring remakes).

Neither will Lillie.
>>
>>31323954
dont remind me about Lillie
>>
All I can remember from the time BW came out was the endless threads of farting Bianca and people hating Oshawott's design.
>>
>>31322734
If you want the honest reason why its because it's the last gen before we got new mechanics (megas, z moves, fairies).

Gameplay wise it's exactly the same as Gen2 just with moves having phys/spec split. People just got tired of the same gameplay for 10+ years even if it had the best story you don't play the story and it is a video game.
>>
>>31323954
But he was already reintroduced in the next games and became a seasonal battler.

even GF acknowledged weather abuse. He is also the only trainer to use HA in a normal battle to my knowledge
>>
File: 1476577712086.jpg (25KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476577712086.jpg
25KB, 320x320px
>>31323954
>Neither will Lillie.
>>
>>31323696
Absolute fucking garbage taste. Only thing you were right about was the starters being shit.
>>
>>31322734
Wasn't the AI better in Black/White?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.