[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/vp/ still thinking mimikyu is sweet babby lookin 4 frin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1482426343256.jpg (56KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
1482426343256.jpg
56KB, 500x309px
>/vp/ still thinking mimikyu is sweet babby lookin 4 frin just sad wants to be loved like pikachu :(

fucking YAWN
>>
File: Still can't see straight.png (1MB, 826x738px) Image search: [Google]
Still can't see straight.png
1MB, 826x738px
>What is fan's personality projection

Some people tend to look at pokemon in rather specific ways if not because they want them to act like so.

I feel like people will be let down by certain pokemon's personality depictions in the anime as time passes by if they don't really feel like the personality's adequate and/or fitting (to their eyes).

There's the song, but at the same time, there's Mimikyu's anime depiction as well, which is far from the truth.
>>
>>31320444
anime =/= canon
>>
That is how it is though, even if it is shit
>>
>>31320444
>A lonely Pokémon, it conceals its terrifying appearance beneath an old rag so it can get closer to people and other Pokémon.

>A lonely Pokémon, it conceals its terrifying appearance beneath an old rag so it can get closer to people and other Pokémon.

>This lonely Pokémon thought that this disguise would allow it to make friends with people.

>In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu.

The anime is the one that's wrong.
>>
Considering that natures are a thing, the Pikachu disguise could just mean something different to TR's Mimikyu.
>>
All of the Pokémon in Sun and Moon got edgy or tragic retcons anyway
>>
>>31320444
then by your logic using thunderbolt on a goddamn rhydon works if you aim for its horn
>>
>>31321805
It's less that they're edgy/tragic and more that Game freak actually acknowledged that Pokémon are either animals or monsters with near human sentience.
>>
>>31321943
Apart from a few weird ones here and there like Cubone/Kabotops/Yamask, pretty much 90% of Pokémon entries have been about friendship and being cute, it's annoying they just do a 180 now
>>
>it's another "all members of the same species have to have the same personality" episode
>>
>>31322011
>Mankey is finally happy when it dies.
>>
>>31322176
Truly he's /one of us/
>>
>>31320444
>taking the anime as canon over it's in-game representation

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were fucking retarded.
>>
>>31320444
Maybe that one anime Mimikyu is a humongous asshole compared to the rest of the species.
>>
>>31320444
hey, remember that time Dobson posted that comic that everyone laughed at him for where he acted like the western produced Nintendo cartoons were the actual canonical representations of the characters?

cause this sure reminds me of that.
>>
>>31320557
Pokemon have different personalities, look at the difference between Alan's Charizard and Ash's Charizard. Ash's Pikachu and the Rock star guy's Pikachu. They don't all act the same.
>>
>>31320444
Nice trips.

Mimikyu was always a little abomination, that's why we love.
>>
>>31322011
Not really? Most have been "This Pokémon can do this impossible feat! Isn't that rad?!"

Now it's more "No, birds eat bugs, rodents compete for food, and OF COURSE the psychic types we've been talking about being smarter than humans do creepy things."
>>
File: 1482268076945.png (127KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482268076945.png
127KB, 500x600px
>>31320444
>Hating an interpretation of a character so much that you claimed the anime as more canon than the game
>>
>>31320444
>hit max friendship with all of my mons

>mimikyu pretty much does one of those affection actions (crit, 1hp, doesn't want me to cry, etc) literally every or every other move in battle

I love this one, I don't care if it's OP and going to be over-used by peopl, it won me over.
>>
>>31323326
this
SM dex entries are the best
>>
>>31320444
Anime Mimikyu may be an outlier. But it's the most sensible Mimikyu out of its species.
>>
>>31320444
>>31321727

Let's think for a bit.
Do you all believe that every single individual of a species acts the same? >>31321763 has a very accurate idea of what's going on.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.