[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oh! I see you've Dragon Danced behind a Substitute!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170110_174144.png (225KB, 1080x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170110_174144.png
225KB, 1080x1009px
>Oh! I see you've Dragon Danced behind a Substitute!

>Wouldn't it be a shame if I copied your boosts and killed you through it!

Have they officially stopped caring about balance?
>>
>>31318318
Unless it's scarfed it's not going to go first so you can kill it. If it is scarfed then it's locked itself into a ghost type move.
>>
>>31318318
>Mythical Pokémon

It don't matter on any official metas. Sucks for OU though. Hackmons just got a fuckton more interesting though
>>
>>31318376
It looks really good for OU. If you fell for the Technician meme you're retarded
>>
>>31318397
I mean it's going fuck up the meta

It has uber potential
>>
>>31318376
Looks fucking outstanding for OU. Technician STAB Shadow Sneak ain't no bitch anon. Sash is gonna be the perfect anti-sweeper mon, just steals boosts and reverse sweeps with ease.
>>
>>31318318
If only OU had a banlist that prevented overpowered pokemon from overcentralizing and fucking up the metagame...really makes you think...
>>
>>31318318
The move is actually balanced because it doesn't have priority. Marshadow needs a sash if its ever going to steal boosts from a DDancer. Its broken against slower SD and Bulk Up pokes though.
>>31318344
Sash Marshadow is going to be fun. It even learns Swagger. Which would work like a 2-turn Swords Dance that does damage.
>>
>>31318318
Smogon will probably ban the move, never viable in VGC anyway, so whatever.
>>
>>31318469
I mean it's going to make OU worse/suck more
>>
>make a signature move
>doesn't make use of the pokemons ability
really makes you think
>>
>>31318318
More shit should bypass substitute.
It is the one true cancer of Pokemon, pebbles be damned.
>>
>>31318552
Substitute is hardly cancerous. Most pokes can take it out in one shot.
>>
>>31318552
>you can't deal 25+% in a given turn
>you dislike Stone Spy once it's up
You don't play Stall, do you anon? Because that would make you the cancer.
>>
>>31318318
rip in peace snips :(
>>
>>31318620
>>
>>31318524
Mmm yes, that Crush Grip/Slow Start synergy on Regigigas is amazing. And that Heart Swap/Hydration combo on Manaphy? Outstanding. Here are some more signature moves that make use of the Pokémon's ability!

Purify/Innards Out on Pyukumuku
Shell Trap/Shell Armor on Turtonator
Clanging Scales/all three of Kommo-o's abilities
Zing Zap/all three of Togedemaru's abilities
Beak Blast/all three of Toucannon's abilities
Sparkling Aria/Liquid Voice on Primarina
Darkest Lariat and Throat Chop/Blaze and Intimidate on Incinceroar
Spirit Shackle/Overgrow and Long Reach on Decidueye
Accelerock/all three of Lycanroc Midday's abilities
Trick-or-Treat/all three of Gourgeist's abilities
Forest's Curse/all three of Trevenant's abilities

I could go on but I think you get the point! Every single signature move works in perfect synergy with its user's ability!
>>
>>31318729
>legendaries should be designed the same way as regular pokemon
really makes you think
>>
>>31318524
If it made use of the ability it would be a 60 BP move which would be turned into a 90 BP move, the exact same as it is now, so nothing would change
>>31318344
A subbed DD MegaMence has the potential to sweep an entire team easily, scarfed Marshadow has the potential to stop that and you're worried that it'll have to switch out if the opponent sends out a normal type? Seriously? Tell me what other pokemon could face a substite DD MegaMence and live to tell the tale. even Mega Gardevoir gets OHKO'd by Double Edge
>>
>>31318799
He literally listed legendaries AND regular Pokémon and how the point the other was trying to make is retarded
>>
>>31318799
Okay, ignore that whole Regigigas and Manaphy thing, but heeere we go

Psystrike/any FOUR of Mewtwo's abilties
Aeroblast/either of Lugia's abilities
Sacred Fire/any of Ho-Oh's or Entei's abilities
Mist Ball/Levitate on Latias
Luster Purge/Levitate on Latios
Precipice Blades/Drought and Desolate Land on Groudon
Dragon Ascent/Air Lock and Delta Stream on Rayquaza
Doom Desire/Serene Grace on Jirachi
Psycho Boost/Pressure on Deoxys
Roar of Time/Pressure and Telepathy on Dialga
Spacial Rend/Pressure and Telepathy on Palkia
Shadow Force/Pressure, Levitate, and Telepathy on Giratina
Lunar Dance/Levitate on Cresselia
Seed Flare/Natural Cure on Shaymin-Land
Searing Shot/Victory Star on Victini
Sacred Sword/Justified on Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo
Secret Sword/Justified on Keldeo
Glaciate/Pressure on Kyurem
Techno Blast/Download on Genesect
Geomancy/Fairy Aura on Xerneas
Oblivion Wing/Dark Aura on Yveltal
All four of Zygarde's signature moves/Aura Break and Power Construct
Diamond Storm/Clear Body and Magic Bounce on Diancie
Steam Eruption/Water Absorb on Volcanion
Sunsteel Strike/Full Metal Body on Solgaleo
Moongeist Beam/Shadow Shield on Lunala
Cut /Beast Boost on Kartana
Prismatic Laser/Prism Armor on Necrozma

eat my ass
>>
>>31318938
>>31319283
>a retarded decision is fine because it's done a lot
>>
>>31319283
>Cut
Now that is just sad
>>
It seems that as time goes by Abilities/Moves lets them do 10 things at the same time.
>>
>>31318859
After a short trip to the damage calculator I found out a boosted Spectral Thief would barely be a 5HKO on MegaMence, so it wouldn't exactly "live to tell the tale", kek. It does cause MegaMence to lose momentum tho, which is still important
>>31319364
>trying so hard to damage control after you've been proven wrong
really makes you think
>>
>>31319379
I just found it funny that Bulbapedia listed it as a signature move. Kartana is the only Pokémon to learn it outside of HM, and in Sun/Moon before Pokébank, it is the ONLY Pokémon that can know it.
>>
>>31318318
Just use a normal type you fucking idiot.
>>
>>31318318
does it still take stats from normal types or does ti do absolutely nothing to them?
>>
>>31319737
Unaffected by the move is unaffected.
Not slightly affected.
>>
>>31319539
>+1 252 Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 57-67 (16.2 - 19%) -- possible 6HKO
Holy fuck you're right. What the shit, why does it do so little?
>>
>>31319800
isn't it a special attack?
>>
>>31319283
that Doom Desire/serene grace hurt me
>>
>>31319800
Learn to use the damage calculator
>252 Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 115-136 (32.7 - 38.7%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
>>
>>31318524
The worst thing about everything is that even after everything said by others you were still wrong because a Technician 60 BP move would automatically become a 90 BP one.
>>
>>31318318
>Spectral Thief steals the target's stat boosts and THEN does damage
>Soul-stealing 7-star strike just does damage
Did Bulbapedo make a mistake or is this legit? Is the Z-move really worse than the base move?
>>
>>31319800
Because M-Mence is fat as FUCK, a big if not primary reason it got kicked to Ubers on top of its retarded mixed offenses and broken STAB.
>>
>>31319713
>STAB Technician-boosted Force Palm coming off of 125 base Attack
Yes, a Normal-type is the answer to Marshadow
>>
>>31319800
It's a water type in the calculator. It's a glitch. This is the ghost one
252 Atk Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 115-136 (32.7 - 38.7%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
>>
>>31319843
Why?
>>
>>31319800
The smogon damage calculator dafaults Spectral Thief as a water move for some reason, I didn't notice it at first, my mistake. A boosted Spectral Thief is actually a 2HKO
>>
>>31319859
It has more BP.
I don't know why you're surprised, no Z-moves copy their base move's effect.
>>
>>31319911
So take a hit and survive with Focus Sash, steal stats and take out a good chunk of its health (and it might be missing 25% from Substitute already), then use Rock Tomb to either break the Sub or kill it if it doesn't have a Sub up. I like that
>>
>>31319986
>Rock Tomb
0 SpA Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 260-308 (74 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
Reminder Spectral Thief steals boosts before hitting too
>>
>>31319986
Bulbapedo says it bypasses the sub but it's not serebii confirmed
>>
>>31320059
>HP Ice
252 Atk Marshadow Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 80-95 (23.4 - 27.8%) -- 84.2% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 60-71 (17.5 - 20.8%) -- possible 5HKO
>>
>>31319986
Well, after a +1 attack steal it's actually a 2HKO, and with that +1 Speed steal it outspeeds it. So even if it does have a Sub up, and assuming Salamence doesn't switch out, it would go like this:

>Mega Salamence used Double Edge!
>Marshadow hang on to its Focus Sash!
>Marshadow used Spectral Thief!
>Marshadow's attack rose! Marshadow's Speed rose!
>Marshadow used Spectral Thief!
>Mega Salamence fainted!
>>
>>31320094
>using coverage moves on a neutral target
>>
>>31319859
Well, it is over twice as powerful.
>>
>>31320225
It's just an example to show Ice Punch does more damage than HP
>>
>>31319936
>>31320238
Then why is it called Soul-Steealing?
Checkmate, Gamefreak.
>>
>>31320225
>moves that have the same type
>one of them is straight up better option
>he never compared moves on a neutral pokemon
It's literally the only way to compare pokemon. Supereffective hits look a lot messier
>>
>>31318318

The worst part about this thought process and people like you is that you believe that any other pokemon has access to this attack. You honestly believe that shit like that happens on a frequent basis without even fighting it yourself.

>implying the dragon dance user wouldn't OHKO Marshadow before it got a chance to use Spectral Thief.

I should've known this was a bait thread.
>>
>>31320252
I just assumed it was some kind of Fist of the North Star
>>
>>31320293
>implying the dragon dance user wouldn't OHKO Marshadow before it got a chance to use Spectral Thief.
Exactly. No dancer reaches marshadow's speed so it would use spectral thief anyway.
>>
>>31320247
On a neutral target, non on the actual targets you'd want to use Ice coverage on like Mega Salamence.
>>
>Playing OU
>Playing singles

Your fault.
>>
File: azn.png (1MB, 1920x1080px)
azn.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31318318
Imagine if they had an entire category of moves that can hit through substitutes since gen 6.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.