[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about this crackpot game mechanic idea I had.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How does /vp/ feel about this crackpot game mechanic idea I had.

I call it "Integration Evolution"

It would be similar to Mega Evolution, as it gives +100 BST, but instead of sacrificing an item slot, you sacrifice a party member.

A pokemon currently out can choose to "integrate" any party member currently not in battle. This will render them unable to battle (revives won't fix this.)

Firstly, the type is inherited:

>If your pokemon shares no types with the integrated Pokemon, its secondary type is replaced with the integrated Pokemon's primary type.

>If your pokemon shares one type, the type it doesn't share is replaced with the integrated pokemon's non-shared type.

>If the typings are the same, no type changes happen.

Next, the stats are increased.

The integrated Pokemon's 3 highest base stats are added together, and then scaled down to percentiles of 100, and then added to the chosen Pokemon. If the resulting boost is less than or over 100, a stat will be increased or decreased by 1 or 2 points as needed.

In the case of the integrated Pokemon having more than 3 base stats tie for highest, they are chosen in the order of:
HP>ATK>DEF>SPA>SPD>SPE

Yes HP can be boosted as well. The pokemon will have its HP recalculated after the integration but before any moves are used. The new HP will be the old HP's percentile of the new Max HP.

In order to take full advantage of extra forms and whatnot. there are some exceptions to how things are inherited:

>Any Pokemon holding a mega stone but not mega evolved will have their corresponding mega form's stats used for the integration.
>Same goes for Primals.
>A Battle Bond Greninja will always use Ash-Greninja's stats for the integration.
>A Zen Mode Darmanitan will have it's Zen Mode form's stats used.
>A Meloetta with the move "Relic Song" will have its Pirouette form's stats used.
>Minior and Aegislash use their current form as-is for the integration stats.

Thoughts?
>>
>>31314919
No
>>
>>31314919
It's a solid tl/dr.
>>
>>31314919
<Pokefusion
Let me stop you right there, no.

That does remind me that Zen Mode should activate when Darmanitan is sent out, or when it uses a Special Attack. Or even just make it a different form. Becoming Defensive under 50% HP is just a terrible idea, and I don't think GF thought it through properly.
>>
>>31314919
Bug/Steel Shedinja rules the Meta now.
Everyone runs HP Fire.
>>
>>31314966
><

I just woke up.
>>
>>31314966
Just to be clear, it isn't a real fusion. The pokemon would retain the stats it gained for the rest of the battle, but there'd be no visual change aside from maybe an Aura colored that of the Pokemon used in the integration.
>>
>>31314919
Would it be a really fun mechanic and more balanced than mega evolution? Yes.

Would it be possible for Game Freak to make 643,204 models of poke-fusions and shove them all into one game? No.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.