[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is /vp/'s definition of being a Pokemon Master?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hyuvgfukhh.png (19KB, 1083x126px) Image search: [Google]
hyuvgfukhh.png
19KB, 1083x126px
So what is /vp/'s definition of being a Pokemon Master?

Is it beating the League?

Is it completing the Pokedex?

Is it building a Smogon cookie cutter team to beat children online and gain a false sense of achievement?
>>
>>31313467
Catching them all.

So we're all masters, right /vp/?
>>
>>31313474
Nigga I'm still working on my Living Dex fuck you.
>>
>>31313467
beating the game and catching them all for me
>>
I imagine the title is like an honorary Ph.D. or something, attainable in several different fields. I'm sure most people in-universe don't actually fill their Pokedex personally, excel enough in battles to become Champion, or do whatever else sets them far above the norm. The people that do achieve one or more of these get to be called Masters.
>>
>>31313483
>tfw bought my 3ds last July and missed all the event legendaries
>only got Y and AS last week
I can make it
>>
>>31313467
a living dex with maxed out happiness and at least decent/viable moves on every mon
>>
>>31313467
Being the very best. Catching all the Pokemon isn't hard, it's time consuming, and beating up a retarded computer isn't fun for very long once you learn what they don't know how to properly respond to.

So yeah, the third one I guess. Better than VGC teams, lmao.
>>
>>31313467
Beating all leagues and facilities obviously. We all know catching them all is just an autistic meme.
>>
File: IMG_4788.png (65KB, 180x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4788.png
65KB, 180x336px
1. Having an up to date living dex that is put into Bank and used for Breeding/Pokédex purposes. A Masters work is never done, since new Pokémon will be discovered each gen, but being able to have a complete Pokédex each generation with ease is the mark of a master
2. Have a team of YOUR OWN Pokémon with the Champion Ribbon of at least ONE League signifying that you have mastered a regions rigourous battle requirement and came out on top. The more you have, the more you are considered a Masterful trainer.
3. Have at least 1 of YOUR OWN Pokémon with a Battle Facility Ribbon. One proves that you had what it takes to take on at least a singular Frontier trainer, and the more you have the better reason to call you a Master.
4. If there's a side Facility like Contest Halls or Battle Royale, have at least one of your own Pokémon hit Master level and recieve the respective Ribbons.
5. Breed your own multi-IV Pokémon
and raise them to take on other trainers without using PKHEX. If you can beat cheaters even more of a reason to be called a Master.
5. Obtain at least one LEGITIMATE shiny Pokémon through catching or hatching. This is a rite of passage into really putting maximum effort into getting something not many people can get their hands on legitimately. The more legitimate shinies, the more of a Master you are deemed. Events don't count.
6. Clear the trials of at least one other non-mainline game to get Pokémon/Ribbons that you can't normally get. Specifically stuff like becoming a Pokémon Ranger and getting a Manaphy egg as proof or softening the heart of a shadow Pokémon to get a National Ribbon. Masters must be flexible in their adventuring. Bonus points for anyone who has a legit Hayley Mew or a legit Purified Lugia. Stuff like beating Pokémon Snap or Stadium or even being really good at the TCG is kinda tertiary but lends credence to your love of Pokémon.
>>
>>31313467
Becoming the Pokemon World Champion.

Time to get into VGC, boys. Take that crown from Wolfe Glick.
>>
>>31315245
plus all in-game tournaments, championships, battle facilities etc conquered
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.