[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We want people to get perfect IV shinies, but they'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: legally.jpg (47KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
legally.jpg
47KB, 640x402px
>We want people to get perfect IV shinies, but they'll have to get perfect IV shinies legally and properly vetted. All illegals have to get banned.
What happens now?
>>
How are you able to detect whether my mon's illegal or not if it passes the gts check?
>>
>>31312529
Proper vetting.
>>
>>31312582
Literally impossible to do.
>>
>>31313330
That's what they say. Satoshi shall make Pokemon Great Again
>>
>>31313330
you show up to the tournament and are given a default "fair cart" that has one of every first stage Pokemon on it.

this cartridge has all online features disabled and let's pretend it can't be opened with JKSM.

you have 1 week

this would be way better imo
>>
>>31313520
Someone would just spend half the week hacking the cart, then everyone would inject and you'd be back to square one.
>>
>>31313572
>>31313520
This feels familiar
>>
You're never going to get rid of hacking in general, and it's autistic to have that as a goal and actually believe that it's realistic.

That being said, they should check the dex on your cart if you have shiny forms of legendary pokemon that can't have QR codes.
It doesn't mean you hacked, but it's awfully incriminating if you have multiple unreleased shiny legendary forms in you dex.

Also, they should crackdown on illegal balls. That is inexcusable. If you're going to hack for a competition, have the decency to make it look legit. You deserve any punishment you get if you're blatantly flaunting your rule-breaking at an official tournament.

But again, TPCi is demonstrably spineless when it comes to 'high ranked' players who have done suspect and unsporting behavior.
>>
does this shit really matter to anyone
>>
>>31313649
yes you fucking hack. gamefreak literally made Gen 7 so much better. You can get 31 iv pokemon easily with breeding. Using the egg swap method you can get shinies easily. and for legendaries you can use bottle caps, to get 31 ivs. For nature just use a pokemon with synchronize. Also all legendaries have minimum 3 31 ivs. There literally is no reason left to cheat, except for maybe hidden power on legendaries, which again isn't used in VGC a lot.
>>
>>31313649
it SHOULD matter to TPCi, because a culture of shameless hacking undermines their brand.

Whereas being tasteful and showing restraint with your hacking lets you be competetive without compromising the perceived integrity of the game that you're trying to play on an official level.

But, as always, the best solution is to give more control to the players in-game so that more situations are legal and the line between a hacked mon, and a completely raised on-cart mon actually becomes negligent.
>>
>>31313684
right cool man but as far as online or vgc battles does it make any difference in outcome?

>nope, I just have no desire to destroy my ds' joystick turning circles in a fence
>>
>>31312460
They don't want that. Otherwise they would remove the IV system in a long time ago, or they would've been made things even more easier or straight up get a new method to distinct each pokémon, to keep them as real beings as they want you to think. Difference audiences exist in the fans, so they appeal to each of them. On a hypothetical situation, if that happens the competitive aspect of the game loses a fuckton of players and it gets even more niche.

This topic has been discussed so much that's dry by now. A legal pokémon is determined in the game by the data, numbers and only that, that's the absolute truth. The whole problem is not even about the pokémon, but what you used to get that.

It's impossible to go "clean". Players use genned dittos to breed, manipulate RNG in their favor to swap Magikarps to get the egg as fast or in the spread they want (you shouldn't know about this at all, so it's "cheating" as well) and even then the trading aspect of the game make that impossible. How you should know if what you're getting from trade is """"legit""""?

Wanna go clean? Play like you did before knowing all of this. No IV, EV, nature mattered to you before and you had to follow the tips the game gave to you to ever think about this.
>>
>>31313890
>autism
>>
>>31313890
Pic related can back me up. They made IV for people who were REALLY into pokémon, as one of their audience, and with the tournaments and all that, they expanded, made more easier, but they don't see pokémon as data.

Play casually if you don't want to deal with any of this.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/pokemon-interview
>>
>>31314011
>This stubborn attitude will forever hold Pokemon back as a competetive brand, and offering any meaningful engagement for longer term players

Also, "lel, just ignore it" is such a cop-out.

It's almost schizophrenic design to simultaneously have random elements that the player has minimal control over, yet have a quantifiable, numerical impact on the gameplay, and to even try to pretend that you also want to be able to have a competetive scene with players who will inevitably be very informed about the numbers and data that go into the game and will want to control it.
>>
>>31313684
>easily
Why should I spend that time breaking my circle pad when I can just inject my team in 5 minutes and enjoy playing with it?

I will never understand why you fags have such a crusade against this.
>>
>>31314011
>>31314135
Not to mention that nobody actually engages in the randomized elements of a Pokemon if they want to play the game as just a pet simulator. Features like Amie/Refresh and the alternate in-game competetive activities like Contests are INFINITELY better at conveying a bond with the Pokemon like a pet.

Nobody ever said "I have a unique bond with this pokemon because it has a unique and unviable IV spread!"

They bond with their Pokemon because they get to pet them with the stylus, feed them, and brush dust and hairballs off them after battles.

I mean, jesus christ Masuda.
>>
I am honestly surprised Game Freak hasn't just made Pokemon Stadium 3, a glorified Showdown on console.
When I was younger I played the shit out of Stadium 1 and 2 with my family using just the rentals and I had no idea the games were supposed to connect to a handheld Pokemon game. I didn't play a main-line game until Diamond version, and I was enjoying the series just fine.
Really, think about it.
>rentals that are actually designed to be competitively usable and complex
>maintain the idea of giving weaker 'mons better moves than strong 'mons
>give all of them a set hold item that meshes with their moveset
>all of this shit with over 700 Pokemon in glorious HD and connectivity with the handheld games
>>
>>31314293
>I am honestly surprised Game Freak hasn't just made Pokemon Stadium 3, a glorified Showdown on console.
This, jesus christ.
And then have the official competitions on it.
All problems solved.

Though, hopefully the QR rental teams on the Global Link might be a step in a good direction.
>>
>>31314011
this is so retarded. dont put those factors in if it's like that. Just make all pokemon have different designs like spinda, or change factors such as height/weight, anything that wont affect battle, and then you can have your "uniqueness"
>>
>>31313624
is the twist that none of the seeds were viable and all the other kids faked it

is that it
>>
>>31315740
Yeah, it is. The emperor is looking for a successor though, so he gave everyone seeds to grow and the best one would win, but he actually roasted all the seeds. So the guy with no plant own, so going by the moral they think the person who does not inject would win??
>>
Main thing they can do is make it so you have to submit a team via QR code before the tournament for analysis of both the computer and by staff at the event. All matches are conducted in a special online lobby (online just to pull your team info from the server side) for that event that locks you to that approved QR generated team for all of your matches. An opponent can question a judge on legality if something seems fishy to investigate between rounds, but it'll be impossible to change teams, items, etc. between matches for the whole event because of how registration works. I would also limit it to pokemon whose ID number, secret ID and name match yours, but then you run into issues with version exclusive legends and gifted pokemon for future games.

Would probably be the closest way to be fair and hack check for obvious hacks. People will still inject perfect mons undetected, but with a little effort you can get the same outcome as them within the same legal constraints.
>>
>>31315781
Hacks aren't a probleme in competitive pokemon, so your whole post was meaningless
everybody injects and there is 0 way to tell if a mon is injected or not unless the player made a mistake
>>
>>31315781
>im a retard the post
you can breed pokemon with 6 31 iv's, or simply say you got them in a trade. It's so easy to edit pokemon with PkHex, there is absolutely no way to find out if the pokemon is hacked or legit
>>
>>31315781
>catch shitmon
>edit stats
>all values remain the same but stats
>???
>legal!
>>
>>31312460
>Proper vetting
What they demand a 5 hour long video of you breeding it/soft resetting for it?

Best you could get is a full scan to weed out irregularities within the game itself (completely avoided just by editing legit pokemon or trading). Basically meaning everything in your boxes would have to be gts worthy and things in >>31313648 like dex irregularities.

>>31313520
Sounds like restrictive bullshit to me.
>>
>inject legal perfect IV shinies
>tell everybody you spent dozens of hours walking around in a circle to breed them
>enjoy using your hacked mons

the tards who need to believe everyone wasted as much time as they did are happy, and the competitors are happy. it's win win.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.