[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite MMORPG, /v/? Does pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: MapleStory-Duck.jpg (365KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
MapleStory-Duck.jpg
365KB, 1364x768px
What's your favorite MMORPG, /v/? Does pic related hold up at all today?
>>
Wait, fuck.
>>
>>31311797
ledgened of selda
>>
>>31311797
No, it sucks cock now.
>>
>>31311797
Not at all.

Your pic related is reminding me that I wasted eight years of my life on that stupid game.
>>
>>31311844
>>31311844
it always sucked cock, it sucked cock then because it took like 6 months to get to level 70

it sucks cock now because is blatantly and unabashedly p2w
>>
>>31311797
World Of Warcraft is the only reasonable choice.
>>
>>31311797
which pokemon game is this
>>
File: 1483144898773.png (330KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
1483144898773.png
330KB, 600x840px
>>31311797
>>
>>31311797
wrong board
>>
>>31311864
That's what I liked about the game, though. Everything was a challenge. I'd rather it take months to get to level 70 than it takena a day or two to get to 200.
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (131KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
131KB, 768x768px
>>31311890
>>
Maple Story still exists? The game hasn't been good since 2006.
>>
>>31311797
Sadly I play WoW.

Also, welcome to /vp/.
>>
I actually thought I was on /v/ at first.

>>31311797
Is that Grandchase?
>>
>>31311915
It was alright in 2008. I mainly say that because that's when I started.
>>
Reboot World is the only way to play Maplestory these days. It's a server where the Cash Shop is (mostly) gone and you can't trade with other players, but you get a significant power boost in exchange. It lets you experience most of the game's content without falling into its Pay to Win trap.
>>
>>31311952
you actually get an extremely severe power reduction in reboot, since all the mobs have embiggened HP and Defense stats and since scrolling isn't a thing

Consider how CRA bosses can be beaten by a squad on 6 in a fairly reasonable amount of time, whereas in Redoot most guilds have only consistently managed to beat it recently, which in part is due to the shitty game design that necessitates that you already have CRA armor to kill the CRA bosses
>>
>>31311994
I haven't played Maple for over a year, and even back then people were soloing the CRA bosses and everyone was begging for "carry".
>>
>>31311891
>>31311932
>>31311945
epic black surprise text xD
>>
>>31311797
>tfw I got permabanned because some dumb fuckhead got himself hacked and I had one of his items in my inventory.
RIP my level 205 Kinesis
>>
I got bored and decided to play maplestory to level 100 and quit. Whoever decided jump puzzles are mandatory for bosses is a insane genious.
>>
>>31312188
That puzzle isn't required for Zakum anymore.
>>
>>31311797
Fuck, i have kind of a long story with MMORPG
I played spiral knights, good game with fun gameplay but it has heavy P2W mechanics and once you finish all of the main missions and get your 5 star armor and weapons there's nothing really good to do for free, plus the people behind it are some of the most hardcore jew you will see in the industry, they will shit out those ''new'' pretty set of armor and accesories for your character every week and about 1 update with actual content every 6 months.
Also played wow for a good amount years until the end of it's last expansion, been thinking about going back since it's pretty much the only MMORPG that actually feels like it has things to do.
>>
>>31312132
>>
I get bored of most MMOs once the pattern of progression becomes obvious. And I get annoyed with 'events' that try to force your to be on and play at a certain time, and that seems to be getting more and more common.
>>
>>31312213
Ive been playing elder scrolls online on the ps4. Its quite good the leveling is fun plus tons of dlc content. Also really cheap and no subscription meqns i just have to pay for dlc if i want to also psplus.
It just feels better than wow so far. I only played that during late wotlk and early cata so i kinda got the worst of experiances from wow however.
>>
>>31312113
yeah, the people at the top were the ones carrying

maplestory is the only economy i can think of where trickle down works

>>31312198
it's required for castellan toad iirc
>>
>>31312198
I never beat any bosses at all really. I always wanted to fight that big clock dude or the fish but it sucks that you had to be in a group to go into the dungeon i think this may be just my fault for being stupid however. Fucking horntail i always wanted to solo.
>>
>played endless online until it shut down a couple of year back
Here's to ten years in reaper cave.
>>
Fuck runescape i never got a party hat worse game
>>
>>31312260
Early cata was still pretty fun and very challenging, late cata with the LFR was what started killing wow, also i've heard some bad thing about ESO, but i'm glad you're enjoying it.
>>
File: Phantasy_Star_Online.png (116KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy_Star_Online.png
116KB, 300x296px
>>31311797
>favorite mmorpg is pic related
>I've never once played it online in the 15 years or so that I've owned it
>countless thousands of hours and I've spent maybe 100-200 or so actually playing multiplayer with another human being

No regerts though I still love it.
>>
>>31311797
Maple was awesome but they ruined it

I still play time to time on a private nostalgia server, if you do that then it's still super fun
>>
Played B&S for a couple months...Now I'm waiting for RO
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.