[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally everyone hates this Why? I just don't understand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1484008582124.gif (27KB, 103x58px) Image search: [Google]
1484008582124.gif
27KB, 103x58px
>literally everyone hates this

Why? I just don't understand. I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out: it's a fucking PSYCHIC BIRD. It makes sense for xatu to levitate like that instead of flying like a normal bird.

The other flying pokemons look retarded, but there's nothing wrong with xatu.
>>
Ignore the retarded name, i'm not verlisify. Not sure why that name is up there.
>>
I don't get why anyone has a problem with any of the mons flying in the air.

You know who really got butchered by 3D? Empoleon. His front and tail spines just became fucking tiny.
>>
Xatu is a GOAT pokemon.
>>
>Xatu stands rooted and still in one spot all day long. People believe that this Pokémon does so out of fear of the terrible things it has foreseen in the future.
>Xatu stands rooted and still in one spot all day long.

b-but it's ok cuz it's psychic type gaise! xD
>>
>>31310683
I don't think the Pokedex is a very good indicator of Pokemon, anon, and you know it
>>
>>31310482
>>31310497
Can't fool me dogfucker.
>>
>>31310683
To be fair it would be awesome if they went lazy and made the animation just Xatu standing still, like literally not moving.

It'd have attack and hit anims but the idle one is it being still as fuck.
>>
File: file.png (58KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
58KB, 320x239px
because it standing still looks better
>>
File: aww shiet.jpg (38KB, 261x261px) Image search: [Google]
aww shiet.jpg
38KB, 261x261px
>>31310482
not as cool as his pre-evolution.
>>
>>31310707
>I don't think this thing that the developers literally wrote to give people indicators about Pokemon is a very good indicator of Pokemon, anon
>>
File: Escavalier Pokedex.jpg (51KB, 566x381px) Image search: [Google]
Escavalier Pokedex.jpg
51KB, 566x381px
>>31310888
>implying
>>
>>31310725
Sudowoodo even already does that. I agree it would be great if they did it with Xatu too. But no because they mindlessly just slapped a gliding animation on arbitrary flying type pokemon.

>>31310909
speed is relative.
>>
I didn't know people hated it.
I love the Natu line.
>>
>>31310707
>Pokedex entries mentioned in story
>People still denying it being canon
>>
>>31311003
It's not Xatu itself, it's the model.
>>
>>31310482
I like it because now I can see the cat face.

I named mine Catgut.
>>
>>31310508
>I don't get why anyone has a problem with any of the mons flying in the air.

If they were flying, that'd be fine

Magically floating there is not fine, they just had to add some flapping animation like with charizard or the gen 5 sprites, and it'd be alright. It probably even wouldn't have been that hard. For how lazy ORAS was, I'm surprised they couldn't be fucked to do that
>>
Natu is one of my favorite pokemon but I feel like Xatu should just stand still and tilt its head sometimes.
>>
>>31311316
its not even the model, just that it sits motionless in the fucking air
>>
>tfw Air battles were the only reason many flying Pokemon had god awful in Gen VI and they don't even exist anymore to explain themselves
>>
>>31311729

to be fair, they could have made flying pokemon have flying animations because maybe they were concerned about stupid kids not picking up on ground immunities. Even a lot of pokemon with levitate with kind of float about. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they decided to nerf gengar too
>>
File: 1473640898180.png (147KB, 292x516px) Image search: [Google]
1473640898180.png
147KB, 292x516px
>>31310909
mons that float for no reason other then "how else are they gonna get around" really oingos my boingos i can give psychic ghost and even electric types (cause muh electromagnitism) a pass but shit like Escavalier and the ice cream tilts me..
>>
>>31311750
for the handful of Pokémon that have a ground immunity but a grounded model, it would be feasible to give them a special animation for when they get targeted by a ground move (Xatu hovers for a second, e.g.)
>>
>>31311522
Are you that austitic that you really need wings flapping?
>>
>>31310482
this is bait but its literally a totem pokemon.

when you think of totems do you thinking standing still or flying. which one of those actions fits better to its theme.
>>
File: yosh.png (147KB, 873x806px) Image search: [Google]
yosh.png
147KB, 873x806px
>>31311903

>are you that autistic that you want video games to be animated

Literally die. Right fucking now
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.