[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mew, the ancestor of all pokemon, is psychic type instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: psychic.png (30KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
psychic.png
30KB, 150x150px
>mew, the ancestor of all pokemon, is psychic type instead of normal type
>lugia, the guardian of the sea, is psychic/flying instead of flying/water
>deoxys, a mutated space virus, is a boring pure psychic type instead of a cool and unique typing like psychic/poison
>as of gen 7, there are 20 (twenty) psychic type legendaries, not counting form changes (the number goes up to 29 if you do)
>plenty of legendaries will generally be psychic type for no reason whatsoever
What is it with gamefreak's weird fetish for psychic type legendaries? So many cool potential typings wasted because some lazy designer couldn't come up with one and just slapped psychic on them.
>>
>>31308730
Psychic was the magical and cosmic type altogether before Fairy.
It was also, alongside Dragon, designed to be a "boss type" originally. Hints to Sabrina originally meant to be the 8th Gym, for example.
Honestly wish the Lake Trio got retyped to Mono-fairy.
>>
>>31308804
Out of every psychic legendary, you chose those? They're embodiments of different aspects of the mind, it wouldn't make for them to be anything BUT psychic.
>>
File: 1433880680768-2.jpg (34KB, 316x331px) Image search: [Google]
1433880680768-2.jpg
34KB, 316x331px
>>31308833
yeah but they're spirits so it's kind of like fairies I guess `_>`
>>
Psychic and Dragons are the best types.
>>
>>31308871
...in Gen 1
>>
>>31308871
Not really, they're actually pretty shit types that just happen to have a lot of very good pokemon.
>>
>>31308926
>shit types
>somehow have very good pokemon

Kek, stay mad, bugfag.
>>
File: Telekinesis.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Telekinesis.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Psychic is the most powerful type.

There is nothing you can do to prevent a strong Psychic Pokémon from simply grabbing you with psychokinesis and tossing you around like a helpless ragdoll.

The only reason that Psychic doesn't auto-win everything is either because of the need for balance (games) or convenient writing and plor armor (anime). If it weren't for those, why would they ever let go of you?
>>
>>31309567
>*unzips Pheromosa*
>>
>>31308804
>Honestly wish the Lake Trio got retyped to Mono-fairy.
this. Or at least give them Fairy as a secondary type. Wasted opportunity, no reason at all to leave them pure psychic.
>>
>>31309586

>If it weren't for those, why would they ever let go of you?

Dark type.
>>
>>31309599

Why is Celebi not a fairy?
>>
>>31309567
it's the Pokemon that make the type good, not the type itself

Look at Dragon. It's only super-effective on Dragon and nothing else. The only Pokemon that use Dragon attacks are dragons and those that don't have anything else.

I'm pretty sure Psychic, Dragon, AND Bug are all applicable here. Although Bug has a lower amount of actually usable Pokemon than Psychic and Dragon do
>>
>>31309653
For that matter, all 100x6 mythicals really feel like Fairy.

>Fire/Fairy Victini

pls ;_;
>>
>>31309675
Victini should have been pure Fire. No reason at all for it to be psychic.
>>
>>31309586
What game is this?
>>
Psychic type buff when?
A GOOD Psychic/Ground, Psychic/Poison when?
>>
>>31309586
PP and concentration limits
>>
>>31309697
Pokkén Tournament. How do you not know about this?
>>
>>31309715
I just got back into pokemon about a month ago after not touching anything for nearly 5 years.
>>
File: Shadow Mewtwo Dark Nova.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Mewtwo Dark Nova.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>31309728
>>
File: disgust.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>31309741
>shadow mewtwo
>>
>>31308730
Their nerds, Physic=brains. Pretty simple
>>
>>31309586

How do physical moves hit ghosts ever? Why is a bird immune to having a bone thrown at it? Why does a lizard swinging its tail at a fairy cause nothing to happen, but making it hard or wet allows it to damage it? How can a Pokemon Slash a Fairy, but if it tries to use a "Dragon" Slash nothing happens? What's the difference? Why do Ghosts eat berries? Where's all that water coming from? Why is a Steel Pokemon using Slash not called Iron Claw? Why is light considered Fairy/Psychic/Steel/Grass? How are these weapons of mass destruction allowed in the hands of preschoolers?
>>
>>31308730
>I have low comprehension skills!

>Mew
Really doesn't have to be any specific type, why should it be normal? If you're going to bitch about normal being the most balanced, common or centralized type then you're wrong. By your logic Mew should be water type. If you can't figure out why Mew is psychic (given the general themes of psychic types), then I think you may suffer from downsyndrome.

>Lugia
This is where your level of comprehension truly shows. Lugia is the GUARDIAN of the sea. If I a human was put in this position, would I have to suddenly become a mermaid? No. Lugia is the diving pokemon, and can guard the sea from the OUTSIDE of it, and can also thrive inside it. This is the same argument for Solgaleo, as Solgaleo is NOT thee sun, it is an emissary. This is like being a knight of a royal family, you would wear their crest and both represent the family and your fellow knights.

>Deoxys
Again, if you can't figure it out then you prooobably have downs. Not all viruses and bacteria are poisonous. It depends on the individual that contracts the virus or bacteria and what it is, which in this case was Deoxys alone. This is a 1 + 1 situation, where the virus had a catalyst which allowed it to evolve on its own into a fully functioning pokemon. It is no longer a virus, however its evolutionary process was caused BY a virus. This would be like saying if you melted a plastic figurine, it's still a figurine. It's psychic because of where/how it evolved, its basic set of functions regarding cells and morphing its structure, and its high intelligence.

>20 psychic legends
And? Its called the Ether type in Japan for a reason. It's the 5th and strongest element, generally associated with high intelligence, telekinesis, cosmic shit, creation, future/past sight etc. Sadly its strengths and weaknesses don't reflect that concept. Now that we have fairy which would represent myths/legends/tales we should see more of those, and we have.
>>
>>31310106

You put way too much anger, investment and condescension into this post. Seek help.
>>
>>31310106
A bit to continue.

Your biggest problem here is caring about a particular group of specific pokemon. It makes sense that legendary pokemon will be based mostly on psychic, fairy and dragon due to what they represent. This would be like looking at the ocean based group and being like "oh my god they're all water/ice types! WHY GF?? BAD DESIGNERS!"

You see what I mean? When you're looking at a specific group based around a certain ideology, it's easy to say the same thing.

"Pokemon is in the forest? OH MY GOD MORE FLYING/GRASS AND BUG TYPES! GF ARE LAZY!"
>>
>>31310164

Calm down.
>>
>>31310162
>5mins is too much investment in a discussion
>safespace tumblrina can't handle being called out for being at least semi retarded
>>
>>31310106
What a big boy you are. All of your arguments revolve around: "It makes sense to be psychic because I say so! Can't figure it out? Haha fucking retard."
>Really doesn't have to be any specific type, why should it be normal?
It's the ancestor of all pokemon. Normal is the "default" type, and the one most associated with type changing. I guess Arceus should be psychic, then?
>This is where your level of comprehension truly shows. Lugia is the GUARDIAN of the sea.
You told how Lugia doesn't have to be water type. You haven't told me why it has to be psychic.
>Not all viruses and bacteria are poisonous.
No virus or bacteria has psychic powers. Not all crabs live in the sea. I guess that means no crab can be water type?
>It's psychic because of where/how it evolved, its basic set of functions regarding cells and morphing its structure, and its high intelligence.
Care to elaborate?
>>
We had this exact same thread yesterday but this one seems to be getting a little more attention. Let's see where it ends.

Mew should be normal/psychic and lugia water/flying, btw. Every other legendary with the psychic type is alright as they are. Maybe victini could be part fairy. It has more of magic creature than it does esper.
>>
>>31310245
It's not because I say so. It's because that's literally what they are. Psychic is quite literally Ether in Japanese.

>The element ether, called “akasha” in Sanskrit is the first of the five great elements (pancha mahabhutus). It comes first because it is the most subtle of the elements. Often referred to as “space,” it is the essence of emptiness. It is the space the other elements fill.

This is what psychic is based on.

The pokedex also quite literally has said the same consistent thing about Lugia and Solgaleo thus far. If it said Lugia was born in the sea, or was made of the sea then sure I can understand your point. The fact stands that we don't know where lugia comes from. We just know it likes to dive. Still not my opinion, and as a legendary it still can be justified with the psychic typing.

>Normal types are default with Arceus as reasoning
In this context you are right, Arceus was supposedly first, however there still is mew as a contender and causes a paradox. Arceus is normal because normal isn't "default", it's either unidentifiable or no type at all. That's what it's comprised of and how it's able to thrive in x environment. Normal pokemon thrive almost anywhere, meaning defensively they can handle most types. Offensively though it's absolute shit, and they have access to other elements. There is a balance here, as normal types are jacks of all trades. It is a type and that is why Arceus is normal. Mew on the other hand is based purely on being an Ether type, and it's incidental that it is related to all pokemon. Arceus could have just as easily been psychic, just as mew could have been normal. However, there is an argument for both sides and it IS understandable why Mew is psychic, it is essentially supposed to be greater than your regular pokemon. That's what Ether represents. Arceus don't give a shit cause it can change whenever (so can mew and ditto tbqh).

>virus response
You completely missed the point.
Deoxys = virus + radiation
>>
>>31310245

Read Deoxys dex entry.
Where was the virus? In space.
What caused it to mutate? Radiation.
What does it do? Changes form.
What is it basically? An alien.

Supposedly Clefairy is an alien, but clefairy has since been typed to firy etc. I'm not saying all pokemon from x place have to be x type, I never even said that once. I said that it is most probable that due to the circumstances and characteristics that Deoxys is likely psychic based on those points I made.
>>
>>31310164
>>31310106
autism
>>
>>31310720
>>31310673
>>31310582
>>31310245

Also see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_(classical_element)
>>
>>31309637
> Psychic doesn't auto-win everything is either because of the need for balance (games)

Did you even read the post mate?

or are you just one of those people that thinks garchomp is shit because LOL X4 ICE
>>
>>31308730
People just like to forget that types worked slightly different when pokemon was created.

Normal types are the only type that didnt have a supereffective hit attached to them, they were put exclusively on weak early game mons for balance (rattata, meowth, pidgey) or gimmick mons that didn't really fit in (porygon, ditto, clefable)

Psychic was the uber type because it literally only had one weakness - bug.
Ghosts were not super effective on it and dark wouldn't be made until next gen as a check to keep psychic under control (steel is also made in gen 2 which just so happens to resist psychic).

So why are all the new legendaries psychic? because as we all know gamefreak either sticks to the same mechanic no matter how outdated or throws it away next gen.
>>
>>31310795
I know what aether is and all, but what does it have to do with the psychic type? I've been seeing in this thread people claiming the psychic type's original name being aether type, but its name is either esper, mental, paranormal, occult or psychic in every language, including the original japanese where it is literally called esper type, not aether. So what gives?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.