[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smogon says Baneful Bunker is trash. Is this true? http://w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: OrGvowD.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
OrGvowD.png
18KB, 256x256px
Smogon says Baneful Bunker is trash. Is this true?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/toxapex.3587425/
>>
>>31304903
It's not bad, and it's a pretty fun gimmick but it has regenerator and regenerator is just too good to not use
>>
>>31304903
What's gonna hit you with a big with a contact move anyways asides from Mega Gross
>>
>>31304903

Baneful Bunker is shit because you want to inflict toxic poison, not regular poison.
>>
>>31304903
Bane?
>>
File: ChenIA.png (196KB, 689x873px) Image search: [Google]
ChenIA.png
196KB, 689x873px
>>31304998
>>
>>31304934
OP asked about Baneful Bunker, not the ability Merciless.

I for one run an Adamant Merciless toxapex with Baneful Bunker and it is very fun. My team has a few other bulky/stall/toxic pokemon so she ends up being a surprisingly effective late game sweeper.
>>
Baneful Bunker is fun but competitively like buying a Ferrari and putting 89 Octane into it instead of 94.
>>
>>31304903

It is trash. Smogon catches a lot of flak but they test heavily.
>>
>>31305027
>62 Atk
>53 SpA
>obviously a sweeper
>>
It is not TRASH, there are just better moveset options. I started using it and I found it useful in very few situations, and there are better moves to use like Recover or Haze.
>>
>toxic web
>doesnt apply badly poison
Just gamefreak things
>>
File: 600px-184Azumarill.png (199KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-184Azumarill.png
199KB, 600x600px
>>31305090
>50 atk
>>
>>31305090
I've managed to run a specially defensive merciless set in doubles before. To varying degrees of success. Two layers of toxic spikes partnered with our favorite poisonous lizard (Salazzle) to make sure no team member makes it without a toxic. But Merciless is fucking useless in singles.
>>
>>31305163
Huge Power ability gives it an equivalent of 149.8 base attack when fully invested. Poor example.
>>
>>31304903
Maybe not for smogon, but i've sweeped a bunch of trainers with Merciless Toxapex on battle tree before
I run Poisonium Z
- Venoshock
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Big Guy Bunker
I just have no idea what else to do with Toxapex.
>>
>>31304903
It's pretty bad because Toxapex is passive. You can set up for free in front of Toxapex, and using Bunker just makes that even easier. Protect-moves only work on something that is strong and can't be set up on (ex: Aegislash and Heatran).
>>
>>31306135
Maybe defensive? Maybe use it's best stats?

>>31304903
Baneful Bunker is a meme. Any attacker that hits would rather be burned. Waste of a move slot.
Unless you're offensive, which is trash anyway.
>>
>>31305047
what did he mean by this
>>
SmogonStar has infinitely better options than some generic Poison!Protect.
>>
>>31306241
You're using Pex to get up 2 layer of T-Spike to inflict Bad Poisoning.
Bunker gives regular Poison. Not only are most attackers that counter Pex not using Contact anyway, it actually helps them come in later if it does work.
Just run protect or not at all.
>>
>>31305163
>Huge Power
>150 atk
>>
>>31305027
>Physical Toxapex
If you're going to run it as an attacker at all, wouldn't you want to go Special and use Venoshock?
>>
>>31304985
>with a big with a
Illiterate retard
>>
>>31306325
Attacker Toxapex, and using THAT wrong stat is what concerns you?
>>
>>31306356
If someone wants to try to run it as an attacker with huge defenses instead of the ultimate wall, more for them.
Though they're kind of right - if you've truly set your mind on attacking with it, you want to be venoshocking as much as possible, and carry Scald for the poison resists/poison immunes so you can do SOMETHING.
And you STILL don't want Baneful Bunker. You want Toxic to guarantee you actually poison shit instead of hurrearthquake or special attacks in general, and recover is fucking mandatory.
>>
>4 Moveslot syndrome
>Does not inflict Toxic poison
>Get's recover regenerator and leftovers recovery
Just run Toxic, or Recover in that slot t.b.h. fampai
>>
>>31304903

If Baneful Bunker inflicted Toxic status, it'd be a lot better.
>>
Baneful Bunker is shit. What the fuck are you going to do with it?

Chesnaught's special snowflake Protect is good because it goes well with Leech Seed and Aegislash's is good because it switches forms and HEAVILY punishes attacking. Baneful Bunker is pointless and you're better off running something else. Nobody is going to try and use contact (mostly physical) moves on Toxapex anyway and even if you do you just end up with the shitty regular poison and not Toxic poison.

Merciless variants are trash too.
>>
Honestly the best 4 moves for Toxapex are Haze/Recover/Toxic/Scald
>>
>>31308023
No T-Spikes for Scald?
Shiggy Diggy Fucking Doo, I really hope you don't run this set.
>>
>>31308086
>T-spikes over scald
>being completely shut down by taunt
>Shiggy Diggy Fucking Doo
>Toxic Spikes being a good hazard
What timeline is this, I think I have experienced the Mandela Effect.
>>
Its a bad move because toxapex already has more inportant moves he needs to run what, are you gonna drop recover just fir a protect that poisons just so you end up becoming set up bait? Lose haze and becime set up bait? Lose toxic or toxic spikes? Lose scald?
>>
>>31308151
>keeping in Pex on a taunt mon, period.
Obviously the wrong one, in your native dimension everyone must be really, really bad at Pokemon
>>
>>31308086
>Becoming taunt bait
>>
>>31308217
What is Toxapex is your last pokemon and they have one hp left and they taunt you?
>>
>>31308217
Do you know how many pokemon who are gonna switch in as a pivot know taunt? Are you fucking retarded? You basically end up with a useless pokemon once they know your set
>>
>>31304991
but isnt regular poison better against pokemon less concerned with bulk
>>
>>31308271
no
>>
>>31308271
Yes because toxic poison only does more damage overall starting on turn 4.
>>31308302
loser
>>
>>31308271
And what most artists in this thread fail to comprehend is opportunity cost. Baleful bunker is good for the same reasoning that artists would breed a special attacker with 0 attack evs. People say tox > pois but they aren't thinking about something along the lines of poison > nothing. Worst case scenario is you're doing less damage than you could. But it's with very little drawback. It's smogon and other 1000 eloquent shit lords going I-ITS NOT THAT GOOD even though this piece of shit walls everything but like 2 or 3 mons
>>
>>31308906
>artists
Fuck you auto correct. Eat shit AUTISTS
>>
>>31308906
The actual problem with Baneful Bunker is the contact restriction. THAT is why Toxic is run instead of it.
Toxic poisons anything that isn't Poison, Steel, or has some ability that prevents it.
Baneful Bunker has the same list as the above, but also can't poison almost all special attackers or anything carrying Earthquake, Stone Edge, or a few other physical attacks (Marowak's bone moves being the only relevant ones it doesn't resist off the top of my head, but EQ is everywhere).
>>
7th best player on showdown got there with stall using a Baneful Bunker Toxapex.
>>
>>31310965
And some guy got to the top of the ladder using Slaking too, that doesn't mean shit.
>>
I have a shiny toxapex without haze (I do have stockpile though)
Is my bro viable or is he just going to be set up fodder?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.