[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people who think GF won't bring back old megas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: beedrill-mega.jpg (37KB, 294x320px) Image search: [Google]
beedrill-mega.jpg
37KB, 294x320px
>when there are trainers in the battle tree who already use them

Also, post megas you forgot existed. Had a trainer pull out mega Audino, but it didn't accomplish much.
>>
File: mega lopunny.png (336KB, 1024x827px) Image search: [Google]
mega lopunny.png
336KB, 1024x827px
>>31303229
I skipped competitive in ORAS entirely, I didn't even know this thing existed, I must've missed the stone
>>
File: houndoom-mega.jpg (24KB, 211x320px) Image search: [Google]
houndoom-mega.jpg
24KB, 211x320px
I've never seen anyone use this
>>
>>31303367
Because even Game Freak wants to deny its existence.
>>
>>31303229
But why not just include them in the first place? Not like it's hard to do.
>>
>>31303398
because there's no point
unavailable mons have unavailable mega stones
the exceptions are kanto starters but that's because they wanted to shove them in with red and grue
>>
>>31303398
Well, all the unavailable megas are for pokemon that aren't obtainable in the game yet. That'd be like promising candy to a kid, then only giving him the wrapper.
>>
File: image.png (945KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
945KB, 1200x1200px
>>31303229
Beedrill is memorable imo if only because it has one of the better-designed megas. Wasn't sure between pic related or pidgeot but I've weirdly used the latter in enough showdown random battles to keep it in my mind.
>>
>>31303367
This was such a disappointing mega in both design and usage
>>
Had no idea that Mega Medicham existed
>>
>>31303472
>design
i bet you're one of those downs who wanted a three headed cerberus
>>
File: top lel.png (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
top lel.png
121KB, 700x700px
>>31303499
>a three headed cerberus
>>
>>31303542
Is that 9 heads
>>
File: mega houndoom x.png (2MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
mega houndoom x.png
2MB, 1920x1072px
>>31303606
>>
>>31303606
No, it's just redundant to say. It's like saying an autistic 4chan user.
>>
>>31303639
but i'm not autistic
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (66KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
66KB, 601x601px
>>31303656
>>
File: AndJustLookHowHappyHeIs.png (221KB, 535x362px) Image search: [Google]
AndJustLookHowHappyHeIs.png
221KB, 535x362px
>>31303656
>>
>>31303229
just wait for Pokemon Stars™ ;^)
>>
>>31303783
>>31303801
just because you're a bunch of losers doesn't mean that everyone has to be the same as you
>>
File: mega pinsir.png (407KB, 1024x747px) Image search: [Google]
mega pinsir.png
407KB, 1024x747px
>>31303229
Does Aerilate let Guillotine hit ghosts?
>>
>>31304302
No
>>
>>31304302
Yes
>>
>>31304302
Maybe
>>
>>31303229
GF is just waiting to put them on the next remake game to further incentivise people to buy it.
>>
File: 1481054432868.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481054432868.png
149KB, 600x450px
>>31304309
>>31304330
>>31304341
Okay, how about I let you know in a few hours if this thread is still around.
>>
>>31303229
They won't bring back old Megas.

You just have to hope that the next games have all of the Mega Stones available, but Sun and Moon won't. It's GameFreak. They won't allow Pokemon with held items to be sent to the Bank, the items will be removed first. And since I know GameFreak isn't smart with their games, I wouldn't even bank on them updating the Battle Tree shop to let you buy the rest that way.

What about Mystery Gift? Surely they could give you a gift Pokemon that has the Mega Stone and give you items that way. After all, that's how we get Snorlium Z. Sure, that could work. But they have other priorities, as I'm sure Mewnium Z and Marshadow (as well as Marshadium Z) and the 10 000 000 Volt Thunderbolt Pikachu are going to take priorities since Mega Stones are old news and Z Moves are the new feature.

In short... just fucking wait for the next games and hope the Mega Stones are all there. There's no fucking chance that Sun and Moon will have the rest of the Mega Stones. Tough break for Beedrill who can't even take advantage of the new mechanics.
>>
>>31304385
No chance, eh? You're going to eat your words when an update comes with Pokemon Bank that releases the rest of the Mega Stones
>>
File: mega_gallade_by_krocf4-d7yn992.png (1MB, 1280x2061px) Image search: [Google]
mega_gallade_by_krocf4-d7yn992.png
1MB, 1280x2061px
Post best Mega designs.
>>
>>31304385
Right, right. Just like how GameFreak isn't going to update the Alola 'dex with old pokemon, either. You'll just have to wait for the next games before you can see all the new hyperbole, just like all the previous games they made.
>>
File: altaria-mega.jpg (29KB, 286x320px) Image search: [Google]
altaria-mega.jpg
29KB, 286x320px
>>31304436
Cute, simple, deadly.
>>
>>31303499
>not liking a shit design means you wanted a different shit design
stop
>>
>>31303367
i have, rekt my ass
>>
>>31304437
Exactly. They won't. You know they fucking won't, that's too much effort. They have to write over 400 PokeDex entries, maybe a lot more thanks to different forms. GameFreak doesn't believe in effort.

>>31304413
No chance. But hey, I'm willing to eat my words and I would gladly proven wrong... because I actually do want to use Mega Beedrill with the new mechanics. I do want the Mega Stones available. It's just that I'm being extremely doubtful about it. If I'm right, then great, I'm right. And if I'm wrong, then sweet, we get Mega Stones.
>>
>>31303367
Grimsley can use it. He uses it all the time against me
>>
>>31304625
>They have to write over 400 PokeDex entries
Right, of course. The 700+ dex entries they had to write in the previous game were a bad example. As were the 600+ new entries they had to write in the games before that. And the 500 before that. And the 400 before that.

Could you, you know, make your bait a bit more believable? Just a little bit?

>I'm willing to eat my words
Let's not pretend we both don't know what you're really up to. Gotta take that high-risk gamble so you can bask in the glow of all those salty tears from people who don't remember you, eh? Because GameFreak is a company known for removing battle mechanics that didn't work out in previous games, as opposed to just layering new shit on top of an increasingly unstable system every year or so.
>>
>>31304758
>he thinks the dex entries are new material
SM is one of the only games to actually change up the dex entries
>>
>>31304436
Not even the base pokemon is a good design. GROSS
>>
>>31304789
That just proves the point, really. They wouldn't let a silly thing like lack of creativity stop them.
>>
I haven't played gen 6 so I have some trouble remembering the Megas that aren't included in SM.

>>31303461
I'm planning on using one of them in the Hail team I'm currently building.
>>
>>31304758
Mega Evolution is a bit different because even when they were announced they were telegraphing in interviews they weren't sure if they were going to be a hit, if they'd wreck the competitive scene, and may not appear in future games. That they didn't give them their own Pokedex numbers, tied their transformation methods to Items that now can't be easily transferred forward makes it pretty easy to include/exclude them from any given future game as they like.

Expecting a National Dex patch for S/M is also naive at this point in time.
>>
>>31304822
TRASH TASTE
>>
>>31304758
The Dex entries in past games have been recycled from past games. Meaning in Gen VI they only had to write say... 70? 80 new entries? It wasn't until Sun and Moon that they actually wrote new ones.

Like I said... I'm willing to eat my words. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And that's good, because that means that GameFreak actually does make the effort and we get our Mega Stones. Everyone wins. And if I'm right... well, then I'm right. And everyone's faith in GameFreak drops a little bit, allowing themselves to expect less and be less disappointed for their next questionable decision.
>>
>>31304547
you're right, it just means you've shit taste
>>
is it that hard to just nerf the megas?
They did a good job nerfing mega kanga.
Just dont kill designs, even if I hate how 90% of the megas look
>>
File: charizard y.jpg (338KB, 2456x2076px) Image search: [Google]
charizard y.jpg
338KB, 2456x2076px
In my defense, i work at gamefreak
>>
Most of them aren't even op, in fact all the broken ones are the ones that got into SM.
>>
>>31303367
mega sunny day sweep.
>>
>>31305048
>Like I said... I'm willing to eat my words
Shh... It's okay, anon. No one will care enough either way.

OP put it best, though:

>>31303229
>when there are trainers in the battle tree who already use them

It really is ridiculous to think GF won't patch mega stones into the game when the game already uses them.

>>31305071
Most of them aren't OP in the first place. Barring a few extreme cases like kanga, their boosted stats aren't enough to make up for losing a Life Orb's x1.3 damage boost. The ones that are overpowered are due to their abilities, which they've already fixed a few of.
>>
>>31305179
I'm still willing to eat my words whether you like it or not.

It's ridiculous to think that GameFreak WILL patch Mega Stones in because that's too much effort. Let's find out on the 31st, huh?
>>
How is M Beedrill competitively?
>>
>>31303229
>XY never get a patch to get the new megas

Wait the switch game
>>
>>31305199
>it's too much effort to toggle a yes/no gate
Exactly how much effort do you think they're putting into this? All the mega stones are already in the game, already equippable, and already usable. The difference between you, the player, having them and not just the AI is a single line of code that states where the item is. Or, in the case of purchasable items, the specific trigger that makes it appear in your inventory after you select it from a menu. I mean, you're acting like this is such an insurmountable task, but it's literally a sentence. It could even be less than a sentence if they already have that particular line in place but have it disabled by default, so the only thing they'd really have to do is change a single letter to disable the line that disables the locations.

If your entire argument is based around "it'd be too hard for them to do all these things", well... what exactly is it you think they'll have to do that isn't already done?

I really don't care if you're willing to "eat your words" because you don't ever have to. I sure as shit won't be able to point you out from a crowd tomorrow, and if you did try to say something after the fact who the hell is going to care? That's a meaningless statement in a place like this, good only for getting a rise out of other people so they feel like something is actually at stake when it really isn't.
>>
>>31305396
>Exactly how much effort do you think they're putting into this

None. AZ's Floette is already coded in the game too, but where do you see that? It was already coded all the way back in XY but they just didn't give a shit. It's too much effort. As for the Mega Stones, the reason why they withhold this is to make you buy the next games.

Think about it. The first set of games in a generation is almost always missing a lot of things, and Sun and Moon is no different. Sun and Moon are very fun and easily the best "first games of a generation" kind of games, but like the other games, they're missing things like Move Tutors. Meaning they want you to buy the next games to get the Move Tutors that you want. Which is a shame for a lot of Pokemon, but that's just what we have to put up with. I don't see why they aren't gonna do the same with the Mega Stones. They omit it in Sun and Moon just so they can (maybe, hopefully) bring them all back in the next games and they know you'll buy it at least for that.
>>
>>31305493
is this autism
>>
>>31305514
It's the truth.
>>
File: 376Metagross-Mega.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
376Metagross-Mega.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>31305179
>Most of them aren't OP in the first place.
Hey, I'm Mega-Metagross, how's it going? I have 145 base Attack, 110 base speed, and ability that boosts contact movers by 33%. Don't forget my STAB, Tough Claws boosted priority attack! Did you also know I have 150 base defense, 9 resistances and an immunity?
>>
>>31303367
I ran it, perfect example of fine but not a core Pokemon like other megas, making him essentially useless.
>>
I just wanted a Mega Froslass...
>>
>>31305493
Kind of makes you wonder. Maybe GameFreak has a policy of not giving out things people dig up out of the files. Or, maybe those are all just beta files, ideas they had but never intended to use.

Still, though. In the previous games where certain mega stones weren't brought back, or certain pokemon weren't released, did they have the NPC trainers still using them? Because if not, that'd be a pretty good indication.

I'm not going to do something faggy like "well i guess we'll just have to wait and see hurr durr" because that'd basically mean my own argument is nothing except speculation and unable to stand on its own merit, but you can do whatever if you want.

>>31305576
>and ability that boosts contact movers by 33%
>The ones that are overpowered are due to their abilities
Congratulations anon, you found one of the exceptions I mentioned, which can overcome losing a Life Orb thanks to its ability which is even better and a higher attack stat on top of that.
>>
>>31305586
As someone who ran Mega-Amphy, I know your feel
>>
I think they kind of have to make mega stones available in some way after transferring becomes available.
Mega evolutions are the only reason why most of the pokemon with them are even halfway viable.
They were a pretty big deal in gen6 and some mega evolutions are still available in s/m, even if only post game.

It's gonna make a lot of people mad if they can't use their favorite megas after the bank update.
>>
>>31305891
>they were a pretty big deal about gen6

They don't care about Gen 6 anymore

Therefore, they don't care about Megas anymore
>>
>>31305891
It's weird too. Shit like Meteorites and Rotom appliances are obtainable but half of the Megastones aren't.
>>
>>31303367
I bred one in Gen 6. In theory it's got a lot going for it; if you have sun set up, its got insane attacking power and fire/grass/dark gives good coverage.
Somehow it just doesn't end up working out that way. It relies too much on having sun up and if it doesn't get a OHKO it dies instantly.
>>
>>31306034
It's easy to put in a box of appliances or have special rocks sitting in museums or observatories or whatever

It's apparently not easy to give items.
>>
>>31306166
It'd be good with a speed boast or even chlorophyll. It's too frail to be a sunny attackter
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.