[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>amazing spA and spD >Great speed tier >Great movepool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: Delphox.png (38KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Delphox.png
38KB, 260x240px
>amazing spA and spD
>Great speed tier
>Great movepool
>Badass design

Why isn't this OU again? Wake the fuck up people, Greninja is weak af Delphox should be the premier kalos sweeper.
>>
because fire types are shitty.
>>
No mega and bad hidden ability

Check charizard, greninja, venusaur and Serperior and you will get what I mean
>>
Rocks weak + Tyranitar exists
Grass knot doesn't do shit while Delphox will be pursuit trapped and die for free in half of all OU games its in..

A Pokemon has to be really good to still be desirable with Psychic typing. Fire type is pretty shit too. There's a reason Heatran is the only fire type in OU.
>>
IKU
>>
maybe if it had 111 speed and 124 spatk
>>
>>31302598
>>Great movepool
lol
>>
>>31302598
Something tells me this is a falseflag. When will the starterwars end?
>>
>>31302598
>shitty movepool
>frail
>shitty defensive typing
Give it t-bolt and you may be talking.
>>
>>31302658
Fire blast
Dazzling gleam (rip grenkinja)
Grass knot (rip greninja)
Shock wave (great for battle tree)
Psychic
Shadow ball
Hidden power
Calm mind

So?
>>
>>31302675
This
>>
>>31302687
And a useful hidden ability, too
>>
>>31302675
No im triggered by this

Delphox has all the tools to be a great sweeper with specs or scarf, but smogonfags like to eat the sht out of grebinja's ass instead.

And gamefreak should give delphox more coverage moves, ice beam, thundebolt, earth power, moonblast, its a freaking wizard for god's sake.
>>
>>31302696
>grass knot
>shock wave
>HP
not actually good
>CM
too frail
>>
>>31302696
>Grass knot (rip greninja)
While not an awful move, it is worthless against Greninja ,considering how light it is.
>Shock wave (great for battle tree)
Really? Shock Wave?
>Calm Mind
Delphox isn't bulky enough to use it, nor fast enough to forgo a scarf given its typing.
>Shadow Ball listed as a coverage option
That's when you know you've hit the bottom of the barrel. You know who else has Shadow Ball as relevant coverage? Flareon and Glaceon.
>>
>>31302598
I don't know man. Why don't you try using Delphox and post replays of how well it works out for you in OU?
>>
>Great speed tier
not for OU
>amazing spA and spD
way too weak for OU
>Great movepool
It has a really bad case of 4 moveslot syndrome, at least in RU. Nothing outstanding when it comes to coverage
>Badass design
Oh yeah that's relevant. I'm so happy Lando-T will be dropping to PU this gen
>Greninja is weak af
lol
>>
>>31302761
>That's when you know you've hit the bottom of the barrel. You know who else has Shadow Ball as relevant coverage? Flareon and Glaceon.
shadow ball is good/bad dependent on a mons STABs; it goes well with normal and fighting
>>
>>31302743
What's next?
You're gonna say that it should've had protean instead of greninja?
>>
>>31302598
Because, as much as I like Delphox, it has a horrible movepool, and its nonblaze ability is only usable with silly tricks at best instead of being the 'stab on all your moves, also free resistances/immunities' of greninja's.
Meanwhile, Greninja, being a fucking water type, actually DID get a huge movepool and not end up stuck with only things that are thrown out to most pokemon by default.
And they didn't even give it Dazzling Gleam in its premier game. They didn't care about it so much they forgot to give it Gleam until ORAS.
What the fuck.
>>
>>31302912
They should have at least given it boltbeam as coverage. It is based on a mage after all.
>>
>>31302902
Actually yes
delphox had protean initally but after shitkurai decided for greninja in smash bros the pokemon team swapped the abilities and gave delphox magician

Which isnt even fitting, for mr mime or greninja or whatever stealth shitmon yes, not delphox. Protean fits a wizard perfectly.

I will forever hate greninja for this

P.S. BURASTO BAAN
>>
>31303028(You)
>Magician doesn't fit the Wizard
>>
>>31303028
Yea, this is definitely a falseflag. Go home everybody.
>>
>>31302598
it would be OU if this was gen 4
>>
>>31303028
At least put some effort in your bait
>>
>>31303072
Don't be ridiculous

I genuinely think Delphox deserves better, if you think someone cannot think that way unironically then the problem's on you.
>>
>>31303028
Greninja has protean becuse of its flexibility as a ninja ...
Also being able to trick its opponents.

In most RPG games I played I've never seen a mage that's able to change their main element, phox is just a fire mage.
>>
>>31303181
>I genuinely think Delphox deserves better
is different from
>REEE SAMURAI AND GIIMUFRIIKU RUINED THEIR INITIAL DESIGN AND GAVE THE FROG EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOOD FOR DELPHOX. MAGICIAN DOESNT FIT REEE. PROTEAN DOESNT FIT GRENINJA AT ALL PS BURASTO
>>
>>31303181
>Magician not fitting for a Wizard

If anyone has that train of logic they're on a new level of autism or just shitposting low-quality bait.
>>
>>31303243
The name of the ability fits fine, but "all your moves are now Thief" makes a lot of sense as the Rogue's gimmick, and none at all as the Wizard's.
>>
>>31302635
>There's a reason Heatran is the only fire type in OU
Marowak says hi.
>>
>>31303210
Well i'm bitter about it.
>>
>>31303308
>Expelliarmus!
>>
>>31303329
What?
>>
>>31303308
I have to admit that phox deserves better, but protean just doesn't make sense, it would ruin the whole fire wizard thing that delphox has.
And greninja is more of an assassin.
>>
Different anon here, first post ITT.

What's the consensus on hidden abilities that would help Delphox?
>slightly change Magician so it works like Knock Off if Delphox has an item, while keeping the option to have no item
>Fur Coat: literally wears clothes made out of its fur and is vulnerable to physical attacks
>Levitate: covers a weakness to a common type and we've seen in Pokken that it can float
>Magic Bounce: a top-tier ability in general and the name fits
>Battle Bond: okay, not a great ability for Greninja compared to Protean, but you know a Serena-Delphox with a fire ring on its back would look awesome!
>>
>>31304006
>>Battle Bond: okay, not a great ability for Greninja compared to Protean,
someone's been living under a rock
>>
>>31303028
Protean is also the HA of Kecleon.
Which of these is least like the others; Kecleon, Greninja, Delphox.
>>
>>31304863
Kecleon, it isn't a starter, a 6th gen pokemon, a dual typed pokemon, OR a third stage pokemon!
And the only thing Kecleon has in common with either of the other two otherwise is Having A Long Tongue.
>>
>>31303368
>Expelliarmus!
>>
>>31304988
Power Herb Solarbeam Magician Delphox?
>>
>>31304948
Camouflage retard
>>
>>31304006
Don't forget magic guard
>>
>ability to steal items goes to the magician
>ability to change it's type goes to the ninja

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>31302751
>grass knot
>bad
>>
>>31305381
>Ninja camouflage
>Expelliarmus!
>>
>>31303243
>Magician: The Pokémon steals the held item of a Pokémon it hits with a move.
>Steals

the ability name and actual effect really don't fit with each other, imo
>>
>>312>>31302598
>great design
what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>31302598
>Magician
>stats all over the place

It's too slow to be a psychic sweeper and too mixed to be a good fire mon.

Just take points out of attack and speed and make it a bulk support. It's not like it can outspeed anything fast currently anyways.
>>
>>31302598
It's held back by being a Fire type with meh coverage and a shit ability. Power Herb Solar Beam isn't a fucking set anymore btw, Bloom Doom obsoletes it.
>>
>>31303028
bad b8
>>
>>31305830
>Doesn't know that Magician's sleight of hand and a pickpocket's skills can often overlap
>>
The only niche I can think of is access to wish.
>>
File: pepe greninja.jpg (93KB, 915x582px) Image search: [Google]
pepe greninja.jpg
93KB, 915x582px
>>31304006
>Battlebond
>not a great ability
Oh boy don't go into showdown then. and if you see a Peliper and Greninja, be wary of MIZU SHURIKEN after MOTTO MOTTO
>>
>>31307947
Bloom Doom doesn't steal items though
>>
>>31303376
Oh, I never said Delphox should have Protean. Just that thief doesn't make sense on it.
>>
>>31302598
Because his design is ugly as sin. I see what they're going for, but what they wound up with is a tranny fox in a stupid dress with giant ear fuzz.
Not a wizard.
>>
Why it wasn't OU/isn't UU right now
Outclassed by Charizard-Y
Outclassed by special or mixed Victini
Outclassed by Volcarona
Shit on by Tyranitar and Suicune, Heatran, fucking Chandelure (which also outclasses it much of the time), Latias, and Volcanion.

Doesn't help that psychic type is a bit of a liability now that Knock Off is so strong and seemingly everything can learn it.
>>
>>31302598
look man i wanna fuck delphox as much as you do, but sadly it fucking sucks ass competitively
it's stats are fine for a good UU choice abuser, but holy shit its movepool and HA JUST sucks
and don't even get me started on how quickly it can get rekt by any physical moves
It's just not meant to be man
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.