[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>EPIC meme!!!! Thanks for le gold 9gag!!!!!!!! XD Tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5

>EPIC meme!!!! Thanks for le gold 9gag!!!!!!!! XD
Tell me why anyone takes Smogon seriously again?
>>
>>31295699
If you don't want to play Smogon rules, then don't play Smogon rules. le XD
>>
I wish somebody would leak the code for Showdown already
>>
>>31295699

> le MCU references

Marvelfags really are a disease
>>
>>31295699
>WAAAH SMOGON
>SMOGON
>WAAAAH
>>
that guy is a shitter though unless you unironically think genesect is fine in OU
>>
>>31295699
You would usually figure smogon is just a bunch of losers, but meme levels of loser is actually impressive.
>>
>>31295699
They're the only people trying to balance single battles. Without acknowledging their tiering system, single battle format is a joke.

That being said, playing by their rules to a T is pretty dumb. I like using smogon tactics as a rough guideline, especially when trying a new pokemon I've never used before, often times I'll look at a smogon page to see what its strengths can be.
>>
>>31295726
You know it's open source.... right?
>>
>>31295699
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SMOGON AMIRIGHT GUIDE?!?!?!?! D-DO I F-FIT IN WITH THE COOL KIDS Y-YET?

Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>31295699
Replace Thor with player base begging the council to test stuff and this will be accurate.

Sometimes I pity the guys working there having to deal with a concentrated cancer of "Free Blaze Blaziken!" with a side of "Ban genies! They are ugly" everyday.
>>
>>31295742
>>31295790
>Defending this behavior even if it is twitter.
Neck yourselves.
>>
>>31295802
Indeed I tip my fedora at these heroes who are unable to make complex bans despite making complex bans already.
>>
>>31295831
>why can't everyone be like us
imagine being this jaded
>>
>>31295837
It's not that they can't, it's they prefer not to if they can do a simple ban instead.
>>
>>31295736
>Thor
>Marvel
Are you retarded or did I miss something?
>>
>>31295736
>t. DCuck
>>
>>31295802
blaze blaziken is reasonable though
>>
>>31295866
You're a retard.
>>
>>31295699
Is there supposed to be a replacement? You can say they suck, but nobody else is constantly playtesting the format like them.
>>
>>31295699
Gold is from Reddit you fucking retard. Learn your Internet culture before you make a fool of yourself, dumbass bitch.
>>
>>31295891
Play the official format faggot, it's how Pokemon was meant to be played .
>>
>>31295719
I know you're just shitposting but I don't get why it's so hard.
>>
>>31295699
Because they're faggots.
>>
>>31295726
>why doesn't someone leak open source code
Stay retarded
>>
>>31295767
>They're the only people trying to balance single battles.
And not doing a very good job.
>>
Was Genesect Uber in Gen 5? I could swear that when it was first released it wasn't anything special...
>>
>>31295906
Double Team? Okay got it.
>>
Smogon is that one braniac with a superiority complex. Everyone knows he's right but he's such a fucking faggot about it.
>>
>>31295942
yes
>>
>>31295906
>Doubles
I'm sure he wanted to play Pokemon, not a side minigame.
>>
>>31295953
>Swift

Woooooooow so fucking hard. Dumbshit.
>>
>>31295736
hahaha enjoy your edgycool rushed Justice League movie
>>
>>31295699
Whatever happened to Pokemon Online?

I updated it because I like checking movesets on the teambuilder because I can organize by type etc.

I saw there was only like 250 something people on the main server...

I used to love using it back in 2009?-2011
>>
>>31295906
You mean Pokemon: Time Stall Edition/Version?

Kek. Not in your freakiest dreams.
>>
>>31295699
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(comics)#Other_wielders
>>
>>31295941
What did they do that was incorrect? I have a few things that I disagree with, but I want to see what other people dislike.
>>
>>31295941
Name one doing it better...

GF gave up after stadium rules and the wobbuffet incident on singles.

The retarded point system became shitmon central to get that one broken mon the metagame, 3 teams the ladder, one playstyle the experience.

The Korean BST fuckfest collapsed over its own self.

And the meme shit that sports on simulators often dies unceremoniously in less than a month.

Smogon I'd not an alternative, they are the only guys that actually tried and weren't autistic enough to put arbitrary values on Pokémon before letting the playerbase using them.
>>
>>31295980
(You)
>>
Why do people complain about smogon? If you don't want to play smogon rules you don't have to.

Showdown even has a Anything Goes ladder, and a Battle Spot ladder. Really don't get the issue.
>>
>>31295906
And have hundreds of bros be outclassed? I don't feel like subscribing to GF's flavor they decided to paint the current gen with. GF doesn't remotely try to balance their format. Their changes to format are strange, unfounded and often pointless. Tiers are undeniably a much better system trying to make hundreds of pokemon viable. I'm sorry, but "official" isn't good enough, plenty of games have had player made formats that are as popular as official formats if not more so.

Pokemon isn't special in this respect. Rejecting Smogon because it's not official completely ignores how players engage with the games they enjoy.
>>
>>31295965
I actually like triples and settle for doubles now. I just really respect Smogon's earnest attempt to balance something crazy like pokemon when the designers don't remotely try to.
>>
>>31296040
Because they interact with them is the most common thing I've heard.
>>
>>31295906
>don't play it how you want to play it, play it in the one singular way I want you to play it where a majority of pokemon are horribly outclassed and there's no formats with a lower power level for them to thrive in
>>
>>31296040
Because Smogonfags shit all over the fandom and are constantly in our faces.
>>
>>31296116
Since when? When they told you that sudowodoo isn't as good as Ttar for most teams? When they said a Pokémon like genesect was broken in their own context that bears no ground on how you play in cartridge and was already banned on nearly all Nintendo formats to begin with?

No seriously, tell me when they took a shit on the fanbase?
>>
>>31296116
It honestly seems like both sides are busy doing this.
>>
This board was a mistake.
>>
>>31296163
Nobody's keeping you here.
>>
>>31296172
>You're here forever
>>
>>31296184
>taking a meme this seriously
neck yourself
>>
>>31295774
I just assumed it wasn't because I figured somebody would have made their own Showdown by now with all the bitching that goes on here.
>>
>>31296205
Can you just leave this board cold turkey?
>>
File: laugherina.png (165KB, 397x545px) Image search: [Google]
laugherina.png
165KB, 397x545px
>>31296215
You're such a retard holy shit
>>
>>31296210
think about the effort it takes to whine on an indonesian silk weaving forum compared to actually doing things
>>
>>31296229
>I can't do it, but I won't let this person know that
>I'll just avatarfag that'll show him
>>
>>31296154
No, I mean when they come to places like /vp/ just to whinge about everything and act like self-entitled elitist cunts. We don't need to be told what's broken to know it's broken, and we certainly don't need arrogant faggots shitting up the place.
>>
>>31296162
That's just the redshit 12-year-old influx. Well, also some of the autismos here.

>inb4 "but everyone on /vp/ is an autismo"
Fuck off.
>>
>>31296261
nigga do I really have to explain it for you
close the tabs and don't look back, it's that fucking simple
>>
>>31296268
I feel like smogon players arent the worst things about /vp/
>>
>>31295699
um, the last thor run was that, and many thor stories in general
>>
Why do people think Smogon is like official at life?

People should just play with whatever pokemon they want without feeling restricted.
>>
>>31296268
Literally when? I have never seen that. I HAVE seen a lot of random Smogon hate, though.
>>
>>31295942

No, it was before release where everyone was memeing about how Genesect would be an average OUmon due to

>99 speed
>>
>>31296040

Because /vp/ is awful at pokemon and pretty much whatever /vp/ says about a pokemon, the opposite happens (except for blatantly broken mons such as Mega Mence and Mega Mom)

Remember, this is the same place that thought Lunala would barely be viable in OU and were constatly saying Lunala will be the second ever Box Legend in its introduction to be OU because "i-its weak to pursuit, knock off and sucker punch!" and "ghastly used lick xD"
>>
>>31296314
If they do that in Battle Spot or the battle tree (nevermind something like VGC), they get their ass creamed by the best of the best pokemon, because pokemon weren't created equally.
While I don't agree with how they go about things, Smogon's tierings are great for being able to use your favorites against things that are comparable (with a few exceptions) such that they DON'T just end up being Free Wins for the other guy. Yeah, you won't be able to use ALL of your favorites, but with how many damn pokemon there are out there, including alternate forms, surely you can find 6 within one tier and the tier just below it to get a team together.
I just hope they get Tier Shift going again once the lower tiers settle down, because it's one of the few things Smogon is ACTUALLY good for.
>>
File: zygarde.jpg (143KB, 1231x776px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde.jpg
143KB, 1231x776px
>>31296751
>>
>>31296268
Dude, you got issues. When someone tells you that stuff like Ttar is better than sudowodoo in their context they aren't lying at all.

You are just kinda salty at people seeing stuff in their own context and not in yours.
>>
>>31296857
is there any like this but with Ash-Greninja

I am curious to see what people initially thought of Ash-Greninja as a viable Pokemon
>>
>>31296314

too young to remember 20 something year old neckbeard virgins screaming at 8 year old kids at gamestop pokemon tournaments for breaking smogon rules eh???
>>
>>31295988
showdown is just functionally that without any hoops to jump through.
>>
>>31296857
Might go through the archives and do this for some other notable shit.
>Contrary Serperior will be RU at absolute best
>Sableye loses prankster why would you even use the mega?
>Mega Swampert will bring rain dominance back to OU!
>Avalugg is good
>Trevenant will be OU
etc
>>
>>31296210
A bunch of people did it but it dies out. You can play any format on showdown anyway
>>
>>31295719
Assuming I even play your fanmade format.
>>
>>31298823
>>Avalugg is good
Well, based on Stats alone Avalugg actually makes for a fantastic tank. It's just that the Ice type is THAT shit.
>>
>>31298898
people on /vp/ were running weakness policy sets and saying this was good. Stats, ability and movepool wise its great and you can see that in inverse battlers where its pure cancer.
>>
>>31295988
fun fact: if you type the name of the type when giving moves to a pokemon in showdown it will show you moves of that type
>>
>>31295982
>rushed Justice League movie

>Iron Man: 2008
>The Avengers: 2012
>4 years

>Man of Steel: 2013
>Justice League: 2017
>4 years

>rushed
>>
>>31298948
>Iron Man: 2008
>The Incredible Hulk: 2008
>Iron Man 2: 2010
>Thor: 2011
>Captain America: The First Avenger: 2011
>The Avengers: 2012
>4 years
>6 preceding movies
>all main characters introduced

>Man of Steel: 2013
>...
>Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: 2016
>Justice League: 2017
>4 years
>2 preceding movies
>Superman, WW, Batman, and Lex introduced
>everyone else gets forced 15 second cameos

>rushed
Yes, Justice League would fit the definition of that word quite well.
>>
>>31295699
Just play AG. Or you're still complaining because you can't use Funbro?
>>
>>31295699
Why don't you tell us OP, you take them seriously enough to make a thread about them.
>>
>>31298994
>>2 preceding movies

>doesn't know about Wonder Woman in June
>>
>>31299086
Even if you include the WW movie, it introduces a character we've already been introduced to, and three movies to set up Justice League is still half as many movies used to set up The Avengers in the same amount of time.
>>
>>31299105
Not to mention Batman Vs Superman is kind of a team up movie that at the very least shouls have has 1 Superman movie introducing the superman characters like Lex, and 1 Batman movie introducing the batman characters. DC has blown their load too soon with lackluster results.
>>
>>31299105

Two less than Marvel. They had 5 (IM, TIH, IM2, Thor, CA:TFA), DC will have 3 (MoS, BvS, WW). 4 if you count Suicide Squad, which....I don't. They're biggest flop IMO.

And IM2 "introduces a character we've already been introduced to" so not sure why you're so keen on including it but excluding WW for doing the same.

I will admit that the theatrical cut of BvS was very lackluster (and even the ultimate cut still had issues but was overall a much more cohesive film), and Suicide Squad was a mess, but Man of Steel was genuinely good despite some hiccups. Wonder Woman will hopefully be close to or better than MoS in quality. Plus with Geoff Johns at the helm of the DCEU now, quality should only improve from here. I think Snyder is a good director, but he's not the kind of guy you want in charge of the whole universe. It's like why Marvel has Kevin Feige instead of Joss Whedon.
>>
File: 9f6.jpg (27KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
9f6.jpg
27KB, 320x237px
>>31298888
why is nobody noticing these digits
>>
>>31298948
because the people working on it are so retarded that they need another 4 years, maybe 6 if with Snider
>>
>>31299157
because poster is retarded
>>
>>31299005
Are you ok?
>>
>>31298823
Trevanant was OU for a while on early XY desu.
>>
>>31296242
lol
>>
>>31299157
Mostly because people got butthurt over someone not playing their silly made up format. Singles is bad, but smogon killed it.
>>
>>31295878
>>31295982
>>31298948
>>31298994
>>31299086
>>31299105
>>31299119
>>31299146
Anyone who watches superhero movies is an autistic redditor, and me telling you this is the only time mass-replying has ever been appropriate
>>
>>31299238
OU to PU over the course of one generation.
Must be a rough life.
>>
Why didn't Nintendo make all pokes more or less equal?
>>
>>31296007
>Comic Thor
>Relevant

Pick one.
I can write a fanfic about thor being a niggress but that doesn't make it true to the lore, the comics aren't canon to the lore and mythos of norse mythology. Fuck off comicuck.
>>
>>31295699
>twitter
>>
File: IMG_3831.jpg (34KB, 418x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3831.jpg
34KB, 418x352px
This is a bad thread

I think the reason people have such an issue with initial quickbanning or the frequency of bans in general in OU is that new centralising threats come up to replace those and eventually get banned too - the progression from Aegislash being banned to eventually M-Mawile in early XY is a pretty good example

The battle system in its current state is still working on a framework that's been around for over 20 years - it's become so bloated and unbalanced that it feels like it's been in dire need of a complete overhaul since at least 2007 - any attempts to rebalance singles through bans feels useless when the phenomenon of OU: The Team doesn't stop
>>
>>31298898
And it can be good again...if it gets +20 to fucking everything relevant use it in Tier Shift for proof, it's good there. Takes Fire Punches to the face and doesn't give a shit..
That's how bad being Ice Type is.
>>
except he hasn't wielded it since like 2014
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.