[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mew, the ancestor of all pokemon, is psychic type instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: psychic.png (30KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
psychic.png
30KB, 150x150px
>mew, the ancestor of all pokemon, is psychic type instead of normal type
>lugia, the guardian of the sea, is psychic/flying instead of flying/water
>deoxys, a mutated space virus, is a boring pure psychic type instead of a cool and unique typing like psychic/poison
>as of gen 7, there are 20 (twenty) psychic type legendaries, not counting form changes (the number goes up to 29 if you do)
>plenty of legendaries will generally be psychic type for no reason whatsoever
What is it with gamefreak's weird fetish for psychic type legendaries. So many cool potential typings wasted because some lazy designer couldn't come up with one and just slapped psychic on them.
>>
File: latios.png (70KB, 288x253px) Image search: [Google]
latios.png
70KB, 288x253px
>tfw to intelligent too not be psychic type
>>
>>31294567

Before Fairy, Psychic was the "mystical" type, so Game Freak just slapped it on any legendary with mystical powers that didn't fit into any other type.
>>
I did a list before and I guess I'll do it again
>Mew
Psychic because it was the mystical type at the time
>Mewtwo
Psychic because it's a clone of Mew
>Lugia
I'm not entirely sure since pretty much all its Pokedex entries revolve around storms
>Celebi
Psychic because Time Travel
>Latias
Psychic because telepathy and Empathic powers
>Latios
Psychic because it's smart
>Jirachi
Psychic because it grants wishes
>Deoxys
Psychic because cosmic
>Uxie, Mesprite, Azelf
Psychic because they represent and are known for the creation of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower
>Cresselia
Psychic because dreams
>Victini
Psychic because... I guess the bond between it and its trainer becomes so powerful that they never lose? And it creates infinite energy? Or something?
>Meloetta
Psychic because it can control emotions
>Hoopa
Psychic because of like, rings, or something.
>Tapu Lele
Psychic for the same Reason Koko is Electric, Bulu is Grass, and Fini is Water
Psychic because Cosmic
>Necrozma
I can't give a definite answer to this one but it is theorized to be related to Cosmog somehow so that would explain it
>>
>>31294713
It should say
>Cosmog line
Psychic because Cosmic
My bad
>>
>>31294664
But that's just such a waste though. What part of Mew's concept makes you think "psychic"? It's the ancestor of all pokemon, why couldn't it be normal type? Another pokemon that can transform is normal type. Instead it just has psychic powers literally just cause. And I'm 90% sure this and Mewtwo started the trend of psychic legendaries. What part of lugia's lore or design makes you think Psychic? Same with Deoxys, it's a space virus that has psychic powers literally for no reason.
>>
>>31294567
mew and mewtwo are psychic because it was the "uber" type of gen 1
>>
>>31294713
>Jirachi
>Psychic because it grants wishes
With the types we have today, there is literally no reason for jirachi not to be a steel/fairy or psychic/fairy wish-granting shooting star, other than gamefreak being afraid of retconning legendaries.

Mew should have been normal/psychic (normal because ancestor of all pokemon and "wild card type", psychic because of mystic powers), which would tie it BOTH with ditto (failed copies of mew that only ended with the normal type) and mewtwo (successful copy of mew that ended with the more powerful psychic type). Plus it gives mew a nice ghost immunity.

Lugia could have been water/flying from the beginning to tie it with its lore of being the guardian of the sea. It only has 2 weaknesses but one of them is x4 to electric, so I wouldn't know how much better or worse it would be than psychic/flying

Victini could have been retyped to the only fire/fairy type to give it an edge over the rest of psychic pixies.
>>
>>31294713
>Mew
Should be normal.
>Mewtwo
Makes sense to be psychic if mew is
>Lugia
Water/Flying
>Celebi
Fine, though Grass/Dragon could also work, seeing as the other time pokemon is part dragon.
>Latias
Fine
>Latios
Fine
>Jirachi
Don't really care, could have also been Normal, pure Steel, or pure Psychic.
>Deoxys
Should have been part Poison
>Uxie, Mesprite, Azelf
Literall embodiments of the mind, makes the most sense out of all of them
>Cresselia
Could have been retconned into Fairy, but fine I guess.
>Victini
Should be pure fire.
>Meloetta
Fine.
>Hoopa
Fine, though I think a new Magic type or something would have been the most fitting
>Tapu Lele
Also fine.
>Solgaleo
Guess it's because of space and light or something? I'm pretty sure gamefreak intentionally didn't make it fire type just to mess with us, but whatever, it's another fucking Psychic type legendary. Should have been Fire/Steel, or pure Steel, I don't know.
>Lunala
Makes more sense than Solgaleo, but should have been Ghost/Fairy, or Ghost/Dark, or even Dark/Fairy.
>Necrozma
Connection to Solgaleo and Lunala. I actually like that it's pure psychic just because it emphasizes how weird it is. It's a black crystal thing that looks like it's assemble of several parts, its main body looks like the head of a dragon, and its spikes freeze you in refresh... but it's pure Psyhic.
>>
>>31294762
>Same with Deoxys, it's a space virus that has psychic powers literally for no reason.
Deoxys is Psychic because it originates from space. Outer space-related designs get shoehorned with Psychic for some reason(Starmie,Lunatone,Solrock,Elygem line,Cosmog line,etc). Probably because space alters gravity?
>>31294908
Jirachi is a shooting star(formed from metals) based on Tanabata. Steel/Psychic makes sense on it. What is with you faggots slapping Fairy on everything?
>>
>>31294997
>What is with you faggots slapping Fairy on everything?
It's sounds more "mystical" than psychic. Honestly psychic was a mistake. Most psychic types could easily be some other type, and fairy fits better as the default type for legendaries anyway.
>>
>>31294713
>Psychic because of like, rings, or something.

Hoopa is based on a djinn. so yes, again, psychic makes sense because mystical, arcane, magical. same thing in that regard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.