[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>year of our lord 2017 state of the art "fan games"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-zeta-fan-game.jpg (37KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-zeta-fan-game.jpg
37KB, 500x694px
>year of our lord 2017

state of the art "fan games" are 2d GBA-tier pieces of shit that replicate all of the most annoying mistakes gamefreak ever made in the official games

not a single 3d game in sight despite 3d models and animations being ripped from the games left and right

not a single game willing to improve the model and fix all of the silly shit

and you people mourn when one of these turds gets shot down by nintendo lawyers. who cares about this crap?
>>
>>31291763

The framerate would chug like ass due to how high-quality the models are

They're practically HD, and Game Freak just crammed them into game without optimizing them
>>
>>31291789
Yeah, bullshit. Don't try telling me that 3DS somehow outperforms modern PCs.
>>
>>31291763
Z+O was like 2013. Didn't the guy attempt another game that he just never finished?
>>
>>31291814
Supposedly it's still being worked on.
>>
>>31291802
>performance = graphics
look kids a retard
you can still have shit performance and good graphics, just look at the ps3
>>
>>31291763
>lvl 20

What the fuck?
>>
>>31291763
There's a patch for all real models

They just include other forms that would look out of place
>>
>>31291840
Are you retarded? Why would a fan PC game not be able to reuse existing ripped models and animations? Is this some kind of a sublte troll?
>>
File: 18597[1].png (304KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
18597[1].png
304KB, 750x650px
>>31291802

You'd have to have a REALLY good PC to run it, which would limit the amount of people that can even play your ROMhack.
>>
>>31291802
It's not about out-performing. There's a reason that it's near impossible to emulate a PS2 on a PC: you have to translate every line of code from the PS2's language to the PC's. A PS2 doesn't have to translate anything because the game is written in a language that was made for the PS2.
>>
>>31291861
>i still can't read: the post
>starring anon
>>
>>31291871
And why exactly? Are you dense? Do you really think it's somehow demanding to render a couple of low poly models from a 3ds?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonzetaomicron/comments/26o09e/resource_pokemon_xy_animated_gifs_resized_and/
>>
>>31291893
>>31291884
Are you aware that most of these games are RPG make games that run on PCs natively? Why would someone not be able to make a native PC game using these models? Are you all really that oblivious about how games are developed?
>>
>>31291902

Those aren't 3D models, they're 2D pictures of the 3D models
>>
>>31291900
>low poly

They aren't though. GF "future proofed" them and made them really high poly so they don't have to make up new ones.
>>
99% of fan games are shit OP, even then none of that has to do with why the good ones are good

>muh grafics

lmao
>>
>>31291926
I can assure you that displaying ten of those would be less resource-consuming than a single character in any modern call of assassin's creed.
>>
File: Lucario models.png (403KB, 1222x697px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario models.png
403KB, 1222x697px
>>31291900

They AREN'T low-poly.

What I posted there is what the models ripped straight from Sun/Moon, completely unaltered. You just can't notice the detail in-game due to the 3DS's resolution. The actual models are really high-poly, better than the ones used in Wii games even.
>>
Someone post the picture showing the ridiculous amount of polygons Lunala has
>>
>>31291763
The solution is simple. Just make your own.
>>
>>31291968
Jesus you really don't know shit do you
>>
>>31291972
>that saturation difference
Thanks for nothing Game Freak.
>>
Why is there so much autism surrounding fangames on this board lately? Let them be, you obsessed subhuman.
>>
>>31291972
Too bad that their animations suck ass
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.